PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
cbacon87

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by cbacon87 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 am

cbacon87 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 pm
They're still scheduled for EVOLVE as well and that was only announced recently. So, presumably not.
Well, nevermind that part.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 am

So are Dunne and the likes now done with Progress?

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:56 pm

I could see LAX/CCK on Night 1 and LAX/Aussie Open for the Tag Titles on Night 2 or vice versa since neither of those teams are signed.

I don't think anything definite has come out on the status of the NXT UK guys yet.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm

WALTER vs. SHIGEHIRO IRIE for the title on Sunday in Sheffield!

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Some good promos popping up over the last couple hours from Mambo, Eaver, Trivet & Parker apparently calling themselves Do Not Resuscitate.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm

DownriverDrew wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm
Some good promos popping up over the last couple hours from Mambo, Eaver, Trivet & Parker apparently calling themselves Do Not Resuscitate.
What I liked about them is that they all had different motivations for doing what they did, and what they aim to do, but are able to mould them together. The fact that Mambo said he hasn't turned against the fans will still endear him to them.

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 pm

themib wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
DownriverDrew wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm
What I liked about them is that they all had different motivations for doing what they did, and what they aim to do, but are able to mould them together. The fact that Mambo said he hasn't turned against the fans will still endear him to them.

Yeah it's an interesting dynamic, much like the Eddie Dennis/Mark Andrews storyline where fans may be more split because they aren't doing what they're doing because they're bad guys. They're doing it because they just want to move up the card and be featured more over the old guard. Some good matchup announcements for Saturday made today too with Parker/Ligero and Haskins & Dennis/Mambo & Eaver. I'm intrigued to see where it all goes.

SuitWilliams

Post by SuitWilliams » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm

*SPOILERS FROM CHAPTER 86*
----------
These are things I do.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SuitWilliams

PWPonderings reviews: http://www.pwponderings.com/author/suit-williams/

Voices of Wrestling reviews: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/author ... lwilliams/

themib

Post by themib » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Chapter 87 sold out in two hours, which is a return to form given it took a few weeks for last night's show to sell out.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm

World Champion WALTER vs. Atlas Champion Trent Seven set for a Title Unification Match set for Super Strong Style 16. Not surprised, but it's a shame. Progress should have done more to cultivate talents for the division.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

Half the field is set for Super Strong Style 16:

Travis Banks
Ilja Dragunov
Trevor Lee
Aerostar
Artemis Spencer
DJ Z
Jordan Devlin
Chris Ridgeway

Two spots will be taken by either Connor Mills or David Starr, and by either Lucky Kid or Tristan Archer.

Meanwhile, the Women's Title Four Way currently has Nina Samuels and Millie McKenzie in it. One more qualifier on March 31st, and Jordynne Grace has two scheduled title defences to come this month in the States.

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:58 pm

themib wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am
Half the field is set for Super Strong Style 16:

Travis Banks
Ilja Dragunov
Trevor Lee
Aerostar
Artemis Spencer
DJ Z
Jordan Devlin
Chris Ridgeway

Two spots will be taken by either Connor Mills or David Starr, and by either Lucky Kid or Tristan Archer.

Meanwhile, the Women's Title Four Way currently has Nina Samuels and Millie McKenzie in it. One more qualifier on March 31st, and Jordynne Grace has two scheduled title defences to come this month in the States.
I know it's just wrestling and I shouldn't think too much about it but it always gets to me a little when companies that have tournaments have some qualifying matches while just announcing some other names for the tournament. I'm ok with it when bigger names are just announced and lower card or newer guys to the company have to qualify. That makes some sense, but when guys like David Starr and Jordan Devlin have to qualify versus someone like Artemis Spencer, who may be really good but isn't necessarilly known to a lot of people, just getting added to the tournament it just seems weird to me. Still should be a great tournament though.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Two spots remaining with Chris Brookes, Darby Allin, Paul Robinson, Daga, David Starr and Lucky Kid having been confirmed since.

themib

Post by themib » Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

PROGRESS have retweeted everything under the sun ahead of Super Strong Style 16 this weekend... but they haven't retweeted THIS...

Starr is tapping into PROGRESS' relationship with WWE and is rallying those dissatisfied with it behind him. Very interesting if PROGRESS portrays him as a heel while most of the fans will be cheering him.

themib

Post by themib » Tue May 07, 2019 11:39 am

Day 3 was significantly stronger this year - Day 1 was bland beyond belief, Day 2 was better but had some stupid overbooking. The final this year was the match of the tournament...
► Show Spoiler