PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Ckkj14

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by Ckkj14 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Anyone going on Sunday? Card looks great. I'm going

themib

Post by themib » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:07 am

Last two matches are Mark Andrews vs. Morgan Webster in a meeting of two Natural Progression Series winners, and Pete Dunne & Trent Seven vs. David Starr & Matt Riddle.

PROGRESS announced on Wednesday that Dahlia Black will join the commentary team in a near full time basis as of the March Ballroom show.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 pm

What a show that was today. ZSJ V Bate was a genuine moty contender so far and Walter v Davis was beyond what I could describe. Just an utter beating that was beyond anything I've ever seen

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Fun show that had potential to beat the infamous Chapter 45 as Manchester's best PROGRESS show but kind of fell away towards the end.
► Show Spoiler

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Empiresk wrote:Fun show that had potential to beat the infamous Chapter 45 as Manchester's best PROGRESS show but kind of fell away towards the end.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 am

The crowd were pretty into it. I certainly wasn't. He's a shit wrestler with an even worse "gimmick" Also not sure how he gets away with just grabbing people's cocks and that's considered ok in this day and age

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 am

mrjoshdude wrote:
Empiresk wrote:Fun show that had potential to beat the infamous Chapter 45 as Manchester's best PROGRESS show but kind of fell away towards the end.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I think it is extremely unfair on him to say he can't wrestle for shit. He has improved alot and had a very good 2017 and even moved to Wolverhampton to train full time with Travis Banks.

The fans reacted well to it. He is very popular with a large part of the fanbase. The hardcore work rate fans like me were disappointed mainly because I doubt PROGRESS could carry a no.1 contender for 3-4 months till Wembley after last year. I feel Sexsmith would be a great main event in Camden but it will be a rare occasion in PROGRESS to judge if someone is a draw or not as they have only sold half the tickets to the Manchester show and Sexsmith is the only thing announced.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am

Maybe I was a little harsh there, he has definitely improved a lot over the past year. I think he's just not for me, I don't get behind him like a lot of others do so his matches end up lacking for me. I just don't really take him seriously as a challenger. I mean, I'll be at the show so he'll have every opportunity to change my mind on this one.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am

What did everyone rate ZSJ V Bate? I went ****3/4. Loved it

themib

Post by themib » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 am

*First match at Chapter 64 in Camden on February 25th is Mark Davis vs. Maverick Mayhew in the Natural Progression Series - the other quarter final will be Danny Duggan vs. Danny Jones at a date to be determined

*The first NPS semi final will be Chris Ridgeway vs. Drew Parker - both semi finals will be in the UK

*Drew Parker vs. Spike Trivet in a No DQ Match will be at The Dome on March 14th

*Mark Andrews will be the third entrant in the Super Strong Style 16 Tournament

*Travis Banks and Pete Dunne are the first two names announced for the Australian Tour in April

KLC

Post by KLC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Twitter poll going on at the moment to decide if Riddle or Jonah Rock will be Travis Banks' next challenger.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm

This seems to indicate to me that either the Atlas Division or (hopefully) the Women's Division is getting the Thunderbastard Match.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am

KLC wrote:

Twitter poll going on at the moment to decide if Riddle or Jonah Rock will be Travis Banks' next challenger.
Riddle won... I can only put that down to more fans not knowing who Rock is.

Rock will have his match announced tonight.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am

The last Banks v Riddle match was outstanding tbf

themib

Post by themib » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 am

Jonah Rock will face Zack Sabre Jr. - they've had great matches in NOAH, PWG and in Australia, this should be no exception.