PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
VilinskiKonjic

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:23 pm

themib wrote:
VilinskiKonjic wrote:Progress sent out an email today hyping Chapter 44 as an eight-match show, so there could be something interesting going on come Sunday...
Jim confirmed it was a typo - it's just the seven.
Aye, because JJG have never dismissed something before in the Facebook group that's later turned out to be the case. I'm not sure how you typo "Please note: this is an EIGHT MATCH CARD, which means that the finish time will be closer to 8pm than 7.30pm" when all your usual shows are 7 match cards. It's not from a previous guide either so no shoddy copy/paste job at work.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 pm

They've added an in-ring segment with Sebastian, so it is effectively "8 matches" now.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

Thoughts from last night...
► Show Spoiler

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 am

themib wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

themib

Post by themib » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:44 am

First two matches for Manchester on March 19th are set...

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH FOR THE PROGRESS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Pete Dunne (c) vs. Jimmy Havoc
PROGRESS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: British Strong Style (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) (c) vs. South Pacific Power Trip (TK Cooper & Travis Banks) (w/Dahlia Black)

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Grabbed 3 front row tickets to Chapter 45, I'm bringing two friends who have never been to a live show and never watched anything other than WWE before. Pete Dunne vs. Jimmy Havoc for the title in a No DQ match will be an interesting introduction for them lol

themib

Post by themib » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Dahlia Black and TK Cooper mentioned on "Flash" Morgan Webster's podcast that they have to go back to New Zealand in May to renew their UK Visas, and they don't know if it will take weeks or months. That might scupper a Tag Team Title run for the SPPT or a Women's Title run for Dahlia.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:09 pm

The first NPS Semi Final is set for Manchester - Jinny vs. Nixon Newell!

Also added to the show is "Flash" Morgan Webster taking on Nathan Cruz.
Last edited by themib on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Assuming that will be nixons last progress match, bit gutted it won't be in the ballroom in that case!

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Blueisthecolour wrote:Assuming that will be nixons last progress match, bit gutted it won't be in the ballroom in that case!
There is another Ballroom show before April but yeah, seems like she'll be done at Galvanize. Shame as they could totally run her vs. KLR at Ch46 in addition to an NPS semi.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 am

Chapter 44 was yet again another great show. Arguably the greatest first half of a show in PROGRESS history that wasn't a SSS16.

People have all kinds to say about the Eavor and Sebastian storyline, and rightly so, but fuck me that was one of the best blow off matches to a feud I have seen in years. Absolutely loved it and did not expect that performance and brutality from either of them. Eavor to me has enough credibility to enter SSS16 and Sebastian earned his spot on the roster, although the best thing for him is to disappear for a while.

Session Moth was fine, feel like she would get over much more up North in Manchester or Liverpool as they are places more similar to Dublin. Glad PROGRESS made an effort for her though. Devlin looked great and wouldn't mind seeing him as a regular, if there is space on the roster. Strickland vs Andrews was great although commentary ignored why he was pulled from a previous Manchester show on the same weekend he unceremoniously left wXw..

Manchester in two weeks looks stacked at the minute and I was out of the country when tickets came on sale so I will be hovering on Twickets for the forseeable future.

steve

Post by steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Outside of New Japan, that was probably my favourite show of the year.

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 am

Unsure if we still need spoiler tags or not, but just to be courteous...
► Show Spoiler

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 pm

With Devlin and Blake turning up here it got me wondering: anyone know why Tucker (from the WWE UK Tournament) seemingly hasn't been used anywhere much since? He was probably the least known entrant and had the best first round match. I was expecting him to turn up everywhere after that, but so far nothing.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Takachulo wrote:With Devlin and Blake turning up here it got me wondering: anyone know why Tucker (from the WWE UK Tournament) seemingly hasn't been used anywhere much since? He was probably the least known entrant and had the best first round match. I was expecting him to turn up everywhere after that, but so far nothing.
I'd have to ask around about that but he doesn't live on the mainland obviously and he is knee is dodgy. The Northern Ireland scene is very small time and there's no real role models. The Irish Sea has always been this big hurdle or psychological barrier for Irish Wrestling. Some in the past would rather wrestle in places like Belgium or Scandinavia instead. I don't think UK fans fully appreciate that or that indie Wrestling only started here in 2002 and essentially collapsed in the late 00s/early 10s.