PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
VilinskiKonjic

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:53 pm

The Chapter 34 card is stacked. Really impressive lineup, would be very surprised if it doesn't manage to be the best Manchester show to date.

Right now I've got wins for Scurll/Jinny, Sabre, London Riots, Jack Gallagher, Joe Coffey and Dave Mastiff.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:02 pm

TK Cooper, Travis Banks and Dahlia Black vs. Roy Johnson, Jack Sexsmith and Pollyanna confirmed for Chapter 34. Will be interesting to see how Johnson fares in the Ritz.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:23 pm

I wonder which members of the roster would be on the WWN show card on Mania weekend. Should be a cool show, and hopefully lots of new people, not just the PROGRESS faithful, will get to check it out.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Tommy End will face a mystery opponent selected by Marty Scurll on Sunday in Manchester, and if End wins, he will get one more match with Scurll.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Walter's my shout. Hero's around so that would be great, but I can't see it happening when End's already beaten Hero recently.

The other possibilities that come to mind (Dante, Sabre) are working matches already on that show so I can't see it being them. Walter-End would be a fucking great match to round off what's already a pretty stacked card.
suplexberry wrote:I wonder which members of the roster would be on the WWN show card on Mania weekend. Should be a cool show, and hopefully lots of new people, not just the PROGRESS faithful, will get to check it out.
Gonna be really interesting to see if they can get guys like Joe Coffey and other ICW regulars over there, given that I imagine ICW will want Barramania to be a pretty loaded show that weekend.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:29 pm

My first thought was Dante until I realized he would already be wrestling on the show. I would imagine Whiplash would be a logical one but I would kill for Walter from VilinskiKonjic's suggestion.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:42 pm

It won't be Whippy, he's injured.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Didn't he work Shug's House Party after he said he was injured, though?

In other news, Riots-War Machine II is now a tornado tag match.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:51 pm

PROGRESS will live stream a match from today's show on their Facebook page at 4:30pm UK time.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Very good show today in Manchester. Allegedly 700 in the building today and the first sell out in Manchester for PROGRESS

Mastiff vs Rees was very quick but was fine. Everyone I spoke to had given up on the Atlas tournament and no one is really sure as to who is facing who in a final or semi final.

Tommy End ended up facing
► Show Spoiler
South Pacific Power Trio were great yet again with Sexsmith continuing to show more fire and Pollyanna and Dhalia took some big bumps. Roy Johnson stuck out like a sore thumb to me and didn't look ready for a main show.

Coffey vs Dante was ok but the crowd was dead for it.

War Machine vs London Riots was the match of the night in a great venue wide brawl PROGRESS have often had on their shows. The crowd clearly wanted War Machine to win and turned against the Riots once or twice and there was a prolonged standing ovation at the end for both teams.

Gallagher vs Ligero was a complete comedy match. Ligero and Mastiff were clearly having fun today rather than being Origin members.

Scurll and Jinny vs Haskins and Laura was good for what it was. It kind of made Jinny and Laura stand out as they weren't at the level of their partners but the match told a good story and advanced both feuds.

Ospreay and ZSJ was a close MOTN but it didn't top their match against each other at last years SSS or their Evolve Mania Weekend match.

A noteworthy show regarding the main event at Brixton and one of the better Manchester shows. I would recommend watching it if you are on the fence.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Empiresk wrote:Mastiff vs Rees was very quick but was fine. Everyone I spoke to had given up on the Atlas tournament and no one is really sure as to who is facing who in a final or semi final.
► Show Spoiler

Callum_Leslie

Post by Callum_Leslie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

The first two shows in Manchester also sold out.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Callum_Leslie wrote:The first two shows in Manchester also sold out.

The first one felt like it was rammed from the Balcony. Second one didn't feel as packed but what do I know compared to you?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:36 pm

I will steal Bentley's gimmick seen as though he hasn't posted it yet...

Ospreay vs Strickland was fun during the 16 Carat in wXw and from what I have read he is killing it in Lucha Underground and had some good matches in other UK promotions this year. Very nice addition to the list of PROGRESS imports.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:50 am

The remaining names for the Progress x Smash shows are being confirmed tomorrow via a Smash email newsletter.