PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
suplexberry

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by suplexberry » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:10 am

The eternal circly thingy happens to me quite a bit on Demand Progress as well. What I usually do is adjust the framerate/quality (picking whatever, usually it plays in a less HD mode for a while and eventually re-adjusts into HD picture). If the problem persists, it's probably on Pivotshare's part, so you could contact them, but for me (on Chrome) the adjusting of the quality usually gets the video playing again.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:35 pm

The final match for Manchester on Sunday is Pastor William Eaver vs. Mikey Whiplash, so no match for #SSS16 winner Tommy End.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you Suplexberry!!

themib

Post by themib » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Limited edition shirt that's available at Pro Wrestling Tees, and hopefully at the show on Sunday as well.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:29 pm

How good are their DVD's, quality-wise.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Koss

Post by Koss » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Just got back from the Manchester show - first half was very 'wrestle crap' with too many stips but the top three matches were great, the main event in particular. Scurll is a star and Hero brought out the best in him.

Jim said at the end Tommy End, Zack Sabre Jr and Will Ospreay will all be at the next Manchester show!

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Yeah I felt the first half was a bit lacklustre too - the "both women get fired if anyone interferes" stip definitely hurt Pollyanna/Dahlia, as the fans didn't take anything seriously until Jinny showed up. Michael Dante not being there and Whippy replacing him affected the ATLAS tag. Moser isn't over to the level of his push. And I kinda felt that Riots/Dazzler Team was just there.

The second half was really good - FSU/Dunnes got the tone just right with Mandrews' high flying and Damian and Pete being great foils; seeing Whippy for the second time wasn't all that great, but William Eaver made it interesting enough. And then we got Hero vs. Villain - an incredible 30 minute match that built up slowly, and eventually bloomed into a classic match. Hero got Scurll to come out of his shell even more, and gave him a major statement win in his title run, which he needed after the recent series with Tommy End.

The announcement of End, Ospreay and ZSJ was telling, as Manchester takes its time to sell tickets, and I believe they really want a sell out for this one in advance. It's surely Tommy's last indy Manchester appearance as well, so there should be some fever for this one.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Update on the ATLAS Championship Tournament...

BLOCK A
T-Bone - 4
Big Daddy Walter - 2
Dave Mastiff - 0
Iestyn Rees - 0

UPCOMING MATCHES
Mastiff & T-Bone vs. Rees & Walter - Chapter 32 (June 26th)
Dave Mastiff vs. Iestyn Rees - TBD

BLOCK B
Joe Coffey - 3
Big Damo - 2
Michael Dante - 2
Rampage Brown - 1

UPCOMING MATCHES
Big Damo vs. Rampage Brown - Chapter 32 (June 26th)
Joe Coffey vs. Michael Dante - TBD

As you may have noticed, T-Bone and Dave Mastiff won't wrestle each other, neither will Walter and Rees, Coffey and Damo, nor Dante and Rampage. The top two in each block meet in semi-finals in August, and the final is in Brixton on September 25th.

Koss

Post by Koss » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Yeah, The Atlas thing has lost a lot of juice. Throwing in tags wasn't a great idea to begin in with and Dante's unforseen difficulties yesterday have taken even more.

I wonder why they made the decision to have Whiplash step in rather than make it a three way? Neither solution is ideal but the Whiplash angle was very strange.

Mib, you've summed up Moser perfectly. I actually quite like him but Jim and Co seem to think he's the next big thing despite nothing to indicate that. The 'if you lose you have to be my slave' stipulation is one of those things that never seems to go away.

This was all overshadowed by the excellent main event - definitely MOTM candidate for me.

Evan H.

Post by Evan H. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:54 pm

First post. Been watching PROGRESS for a few months, worked my way through the whole back catalog thanks to demand PROGRESS. I've now preached the word of this little promotion (and the entire UK indie scene, quite honestly) to several wrestling fan friends who were a little bored with what they were currently watching and made each raving lunatic fans of PROGRESS. One guy said it best, "some of the matches are just awesome and brutal, but the whole promotion is so welcoming and friendly"... that's pretty much been my experience with UK indies overall, honestly.

Just wanted to drop in finally and leave a comment on what's easily my favorite new wrestling promotion.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:08 pm

The final two matches for Sunday are Damon Moser vs. Nathan Cruz, and the small matter of the main event - Tommy End cashing in his #SSS16 title shot against Marty Scurll for the PROGRESS World Championship.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Evan H. wrote:First post. Been watching PROGRESS for a few months, worked my way through the whole back catalog thanks to demand PROGRESS. I've now preached the word of this little promotion (and the entire UK indie scene, quite honestly) to several wrestling fan friends who were a little bored with what they were currently watching and made each raving lunatic fans of PROGRESS. One guy said it best, "some of the matches are just awesome and brutal, but the whole promotion is so welcoming and friendly"... that's pretty much been my experience with UK indies overall, honestly.

Just wanted to drop in finally and leave a comment on what's easily my favorite new wrestling promotion.
I definitely had the same experience. Bored with a lot of wrestling at the end of last year, stumbled on Progress' free trial so decided to give it a go and got instantly hooked. Even when the matches aren't amazing, it's just such a fun atmosphere with so many good up-and-comers and seasoned indy vets that it makes for a gratifying watching experience. The fact they did such a long, great storyline with Havoc as the heel champion made me fan but the follow up has been worth the money of the Demand service as well.

Welcome to the fold!

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:21 am

Evan H. wrote:First post. Been watching PROGRESS for a few months, worked my way through the whole back catalog thanks to demand PROGRESS. I've now preached the word of this little promotion (and the entire UK indie scene, quite honestly) to several wrestling fan friends who were a little bored with what they were currently watching and made each raving lunatic fans of PROGRESS. One guy said it best, "some of the matches are just awesome and brutal, but the whole promotion is so welcoming and friendly"... that's pretty much been my experience with UK indies overall, honestly.

Yeah it is little your most favourite and welcoming College society (if you had one.)

themib

Post by themib » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Two great videos previewing Laura Di Matteo vs. Jinny this Sunday - first, this 20+ minute special feature on the story of the relationship and feud, with interviews with both...

And here's the hype video that'll get played at the show on Sunday.

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 am

Travis Banks showed up at yesterday's show. That's great for him. His ascent to the top of Britwres starts here.