PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
themib

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by themib » Fri May 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Entrant #11 is former Tag Team Champion and NPS runner-up Damon Moser.

themib

Post by themib » Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Chapter 32 on June 26th in Camden has its name - and as it was Jim Smallman's turn to name the show, he's gone with a Leicester City inspiration, and named it "5000 to 1" (after the odds Leicester were given before this season to win the Premier League, which they ended up doing).

themib

Post by themib » Mon May 09, 2016 8:04 pm

BIG DADDY WALTER is #12 in the Super Strong Style 16 Tournament!

themib

Post by themib » Tue May 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Number 13 is The Origin's Zack Gibson.

CHRIS HERO debuts for PROGRESS on June 19th in Manchester!

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue May 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Hero in Manc should be top.

I was disappointed in Thatcher in Manc on a previous show as the attraction import. I don't think it is possible to be disappointed in Hero this day and age, is it?

a7xweeman

Post by a7xweeman » Tue May 10, 2016 11:13 pm

Good lord, Walter in SSS and Hero at the Manchester show. Progress stay winning.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed May 11, 2016 8:06 am

I gasped when I read the tweet about Hero. Fantastic. I don't think Hero's going to be a Thatcher like dud because Hero's over in the indy world (unlike Thatcher, who some people love and some people hate, in a YMMV way, not in a Cena way), his work as of late has been stellar, and he's also the veteran who can lose to a younger guy to elevate him and not lose any of his own shine doing it.

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Empiresk wrote:Hero in Manc should be top.

I was disappointed in Thatcher in Manc on a previous show as the attraction import. I don't think it is possible to be disappointed in Hero this day and age, is it?
The best 2 matches I have seen at shows had Chris Hero in them. Of course, that's easy when it's the Kings of Wrestling vs Morishima/Taniguchi, and also solo against Scurll, but I also happened to see him in an almost throwaway tag with Tyler Bate against the Riots in Southside last year. His subtleties in that rooms were effortless and incredible, raising the whole match. I hope PROGRESS use him a lot.

In comparison, seeing Thatcher the once, he's got a lot going for him, but he seemed insecure. Extended tours should help that.

Koss

Post by Koss » Wed May 11, 2016 1:04 pm

This is why I love Progress - I can tick another great wrestler off my 'want to see live' list!

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed May 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Glen's Dallas excursion resulted in this end of Casablanca moment I suppose! I wonder if this is partly how Hero got booked, as well.

Should be interesting going forward, I really love that PROGRESS has been mainly relying on the local guys and played a part in making them stars, but the occasional outsider talent could be a fun addition, especially with them running so many more shows than last year. You don't want to keep repeating matches or stretching out feuds just because you've got more shows to run now.

themib

Post by themib » Wed May 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Part of the reason they went with only British guys for most of their shows was that they couldn't really afford to bring in imports - now they can, but they're still going to do so sparingly and wisely.

themib

Post by themib » Wed May 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Spot #14 will be decided in a Battle Royal at ENDVR:16 on Sunday afternoon.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu May 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Really hoping for one big outside the box name to get one of the final two spots. Saw Gargano rumoured a while ago - that'd be cool. Would LOVE Hero getting if he's coming over that early (not sure when his Euro tour starts exactly) or Axel Dieter Jr with the ties to wXw now. As far as a PROGRESS regular, I'd love Gallagher to be in the mix. Never seen him live before ..... actually I stand corrected - saw him on a DGUK preshow once!

themib

Post by themib » Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 pm

I have a feeling one of the two spots will be filled by Eddie Dennis, probably the one announced today. #16 is normally a massive name to round things out.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Thu May 12, 2016 1:41 pm

It has probably been covered already but can someone tell me a little bit about the names that are on the ring? It seems like the names change show to show and I even saw the name "Mike Hunt" on the ring.