RevPro UK (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Re: Revolution Pro Wrestling

Post by Robareid » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Probably. I really need to get around to booking travel tickets.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Here's the new episode with Ospreay/Bodom for the title, and Storm/Damo.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Jonny Storm vs. Big Damo
This was a fine semi-squash to put over Damo strong. He worked this match really gently though, looked scared about hurting Storm.

British Cruiserweight Championship: Josh Bodom vs. Will Ospreay (c)
This was very good, perhaps Bodom's best match. There were a few moments where for a second they felt a bit lost, but for the most part this was just a really fun and exciting match. Bodom is really having one hell of an end to this year, and the dude is really setting himself up for a big 2016. The finish was what it was, but the overall work of the match is well worth watching. ***1/2

themib

Post by themib » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Last episode before the two joint shows with NJPW this weekend - Jimmy Havoc takes on Flyin' Ryan (Josh Bodom's brother), and Marty Scurll explains why he cost Will Ospreay the Cruiserweight Championship.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Very quick thoughts post Uprising...

Surprised that they kept the title on Styles, guess they agreed to more dates, so no need to take the title off him just now. That being said, there's no obvious next challenger for him, maybe Scurll as he wasn't pinned. Ospreay and Scurll were world class tonight, producing an excellent main event.

Close to best match, maybe just as good, was KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O'Reilly - maybe not quite to the levels of the BOSJ Final, but a hell of a last several minutes that the fans really got behind. The submission exchanges were just fantastic.

Big Damo really stepped up against Shinsuke Nakamura, and got the big time battle out of him that even Roddy Strong didn't quite manage last time. Of all the British guys (though he's Northern Irish), Damo got elevated the most based on his performance.

A dude got thrown out for fighting during Bodom vs. Havoc. Whilst they were brawling in the crowd, another fight started elsewhere, and I saw this guy being dragged out kicking and screaming. Anyway, Bodom then proceeded to throw Havoc face first through an LCD TV, but still needed the Revolutionists to beat him.

All the matches were good to great, though Naito/Haskins suffered a bit for coming right after KUSHIDA/O'Reilly, and that people were starting to figure the show was going to finish late. Sure enough when AJ got the pin, it was right on 11pm.

Mootio

Post by Mootio » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:59 am

I had to leave just after KUSHIDA vs. O'Reilly. Pretty gutted I missed the end of the show but with navigating the Underground and getting on a train back to the West Midlands, I probably wouldn't have been home until about 2am (and my brother has work today so we pretty much had to leave).

I did get the impression they were always running a little behind schedule but the show was really great. Just seeing the New Japan guys in the flesh was worth the price of admission alone. I was on the floor, eighth row back wearing a Toru Yano shirt that I don't think anybody recognised. I loved every minute of it, definitely a memorable first live wrestling show for me haha.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:43 am

Anyone know when this will be available on demand?

themib

Post by themib » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 am

They're aiming for the York Hall show to be ready by Monday, and the Reading show for later this week.

The Reading show was fun, not as stacked solid match quality wise or crowd wise as York Hall, but the opening three way, Nakamura/Scurll and Okada/Ospreay are definitely worth watching. AJ/Liger as well for the historical purpose of it being their first match.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Loved the weekender as a whole, despite me being terrible at trains. The three way main event of Uprising was tremendous, but my MotW was O'Reilly-KUSHIDA. Not quite on the level of BotSJ final but damn was it still special. Haskins-Naito, Ospreay-Okada and Liger-Styles were all great too. Other highlights included Gedo being amazing, Kojima bantering with the fans while clearly having no idea what they were saying to him and Naito spitting from the ring onto a kid in the crowd.

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 am

I had a hoot at the York Hall show. My MOTN's were Damo vs. Nak / O'Reilly vs. KUSHIDA.

I hated the Havok vs. Bodom no DQ match - DUD from me.

Great to meet some of the twitter brothers, shame I didn't catch up with Rob, Garrett & Lariato though.
wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

David Starsky

Post by David Starsky » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 am

That match was definitely my least favourite but I didn't hate it. Well I did hate Bodom's hair, gets worse everytime I see it.

Other than that, and the girl behind us spilling drinks on everyone, it was a great night. Atmosphere was incredible for the main. Okada/Tanahashi happening in front of me felt surreal. Finally ticked Liger off my bucket list too.

Any mention of upcoming shows on the Reading event?

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 am

I found it interesting that they didn't announce a return date at York Hall.
wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

David Starsky

Post by David Starsky » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 am

I did too, every previous show (last 5 or 6) I've been to has had an announcement of the next and an onsale date for the tickets. All Andy said this time was "very soon".

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:17 am

I think this show would of cost an arm and a leg as not 100% how much NJ contributed to it (if at all) - maybe they're waiting on VOD sales to see if that will bring the show over to being in the green?
wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

David Starsky

Post by David Starsky » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:33 am

That did cross my mind. If RevPro is covering all those costs that's a lot on airfare alone. Plus York Hall can't be cheap in the first place. Hopefully they'll announce something fairly soon. Reading may have cost them too as they didn't seem to have sold that one out. Personally think they can draw a crowd on this schedule with far fewer big names but I really appreciated this as a one off.