RevPro UK (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
JB Gremlin

Re: Revolution Pro Wrestling

Post by JB Gremlin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Lee/ Ishii ****1/2
Ospreay/ Zack ****3/4

As has been said I think Sabre and Will was actually the slightly better match they have always worked so well together but this was like the textbook example of knowing each other so well you can try basically anything with them and you know where they will be, I saw probably half a dozens (likely more) transitions and sequences I've never seen before and in such an oversaturated market that is incredible, not to mention the story being constructed and told sublimely throughout without ever particularly falling back on Shine-Heat-Fire-Near Falls-Finish, honestly I love Ospreay but this is one of his very best performances to date for me. I can't speak highly enough of it. Go watch this!

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 am

armsofsleep wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote: What is happening with Mastiff? I heard that he had a stinker with Keith Lee at a recent cockpit show & it looks like he had the worst match of the weekend with Ishii of all people. Lee & Ishii having a bad match is rare. I quite like Mastiff when I have seen him. Although, I haven't seen a match of his in the last couple of months.
He has some fun spots, but honestly he just fucking sucks. The British scene is so attached to these bad meme wrestlers like Mastiff and El Ligero. I don't get how you fly in one of the best wrestlers in the world, and a guy who works outside of NJPW only a few times a year, and then waste a match on that. It is completely inexcusable.
A bit harsh, but I see where you're coming from. I think Mastiff is a fun undercard wrestler, but not a big match player. He can't deliver at that level. I thought that Mastiff could wrestle at a higher level, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:
armsofsleep wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote: What is happening with Mastiff? I heard that he had a stinker with Keith Lee at a recent cockpit show & it looks like he had the worst match of the weekend with Ishii of all people. Lee & Ishii having a bad match is rare. I quite like Mastiff when I have seen him. Although, I haven't seen a match of his in the last couple of months.
He has some fun spots, but honestly he just fucking sucks. The British scene is so attached to these bad meme wrestlers like Mastiff and El Ligero. I don't get how you fly in one of the best wrestlers in the world, and a guy who works outside of NJPW only a few times a year, and then waste a match on that. It is completely inexcusable.
A bit harsh, but I see where you're coming from. I think Mastiff is a fun undercard wrestler, but not a big match player. He can't deliver at that level. I thought that Mastiff could wrestle at a higher level, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
I've seen probally a couple dozen of Dave Mastiff matches, I've never seen one I liked.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

WALTER wrestled one match for Rev Pro, he didn't like being there, and he only works in England for PROGRESS.

Next three announced for the Women's Title tournament - Millie McKenzie, Zan Phoenix (one of Rev Pro's trainees) and Nina Samuels.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:21 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
armsofsleep wrote:
Yeah that's sort of what I was getting at. I would be perfectly fine with him as an undercard act, but getting a dream match against a NJPW talent? Total misuse of him.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:19 pm

themib wrote:WALTER wrestled one match for Rev Pro, he didn't like being there, and he only works in England for PROGRESS.
Any idea why WALTER didn't like wrestling for RevPro?

themib

Post by themib » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Minoru Suzuki returns to Rev Pro for High Stakes at York Hall on January 20th.

Next two for the Women's Tournament on January 6th and 7th are Zoe Lucas and Charli Evans.

The card so far for the next Cockpit show on December 3rd...

REV PRO BRITISH CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Ryan Smile (c) vs. Morgan Webster
#CCK (Chris Brookes, Kid Lykos & Travis Banks) vs. Legion of Lords (Gideon Grey, No Fun Dunne & Rishi Ghosh)
Charli Evans vs. Jinny
El Phantasmo vs. Kurtis Chapman
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Josh Bodom & Zack Gibson

Just three matches so far for Uprising on December 8th...

REV PRO BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Matt Riddle
Bullet Club (Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) vs. #CCK (Chris Brookes, Kid Lykos & Travis Banks)
Jinny open challenge

themib

Post by themib » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm

The final entrant for the Women's Title Tournament is Britt Baker in her UK debut. She joins Jinny, Deonna Purrazzo, Millie McKenzie, Zan Phoenix, Nina Samuels, Zoe Lucas and Charli Evans. It'll be four first round matches on the Saturday, with three men's matches underneath, then the semi finals and the final on Sunday, with the eliminated wrestlers in a tag match.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Flip Gordon is replacing the once again injured Kid Lykos to team with Chris Brookes and Travis Banks against Marty Scurll and The Young Bucks at York Hall on December 8th.

Also at that show, Moustache Mountain defend the British Tag Team Titles against the winner of the Cockpit match on Sunday between Aussie Open and the team of Josh Bodom and Zack Gibson.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Full card for Friday (with one thing to be decided on the night)...

REV PRO BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Matt Riddle
RING OF HONOR WORLD TITLE MATCH: Cody (c) vs. Jay Lethal
REV PRO BRITISH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) (c) vs. Josh Bodom & Zack Gibson
REV PRO BRITISH CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE FIVE WAY MATCH: Morgan Webster (c) vs. David Starr vs. El Phantasmo vs. Kurtis Chapman vs. Ryan Smile
#CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks) & Flip Gordon vs. Bullet Club (Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
Eddie Dennis vs. Pete Dunne
Dave Mastiff vs. Martin Stone
Jinny vs. TBA

themib

Post by themib » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

First round matches for the British Women's Championship Tournament...

Charli Evans vs. Millie McKenzie
Jinny vs. Nina Samuels
Zan Phoenix vs. Zoe Lucas
Britt Baker vs. Deonna Purrazzo

I like the themes they've gone with here... young star vs. young star, uber bitch vs. uber bitch, trainee vs. trainee and import vs. import. Will result in a good semi final mix the next day.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 am

Bringing this thread back from the dead in light of this match announcement:

I went back and forth on twitter a bit about this with another fan but. . . hot damn what a match!

yet

It's gonna be at the cockpit? in front of 500 people?

I mean if this took place in NJPQ, it main events a Korakuen EASILY, and with some support, a 5k arena.

Hell, if this were in Progress with any sort of build for a title, this is a Ally Pally level main event, right?

And . . . ZSJ is fighting for the Rev Pro title at the freakin TOKYO DOME on Jan 4? How the hell is he going from a title match with Ishii in front of 40k+ to wrestling PAC in front of 500?

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm

OptionZero wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 am
Bringing this thread back from the dead in light of this match announcement:

I went back and forth on twitter a bit about this with another fan but. . . hot damn what a match!

yet

It's gonna be at the cockpit? in front of 500 people?

I mean if this took place in NJPQ, it main events a Korakuen EASILY, and with some support, a 5k arena.

Hell, if this were in Progress with any sort of build for a title, this is a Ally Pally level main event, right?

And . . . ZSJ is fighting for the Rev Pro title at the freakin TOKYO DOME on Jan 4? How the hell is he going from a title match with Ishii in front of 40k+ to wrestling PAC in front of 500?
New to Rev Pro but had similar thoughts. I've seen a couple of the Cockpit shows and when I saw the match was announced for there I was surprised. They could've made a lot more money having that match in a bigger building. Should be a great match though and I'll be watching once it goes up on the streaming service.

Also really enjoyed their last big show with Ishii/Starr & Sabre&Suzuki/Aussie Open both being really good.

DownriverDrew

Post by DownriverDrew » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm

The show with Pac/Speedball Bailey is up on Rev Pro's streaming service. Looking forward to seeing how that was.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm

The Cockpit fits around 200 people - they had to raise ticket prices to cover the costs of booking PAC for that show. Suppose that was the only time they could book him for a while, or book him and Zack on the same show. Probably won't even be the main event since that's on the final day of the women's tournament.