RevPro UK (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Re: Revolution Pro Wrestling

Post by Robareid » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm

No Damo vs. Swann :(

I'm kind of eh on both Swann and Ciampa to be honest, they're both good but neither too special to my eyes.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Forgot to post these for the cockpit taping:

Havoc gets to kill Bodom's brother ahead of their big match.

Hopefully we get to see McCluskey get destroyed by Redman, which should be fun.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Interesting developments at the TV tapings from what I was informed...

Speaking of which, there's no show this week, as Andy Quildan's away, and broke his laptop. There'll be two episodes next week.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 pm

I like two thirds of this triple threat a lot, so I guess it could be good.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Finally a new episode of RevPro TV, this week features The Revolutionists vs. The Hunter Brothers in a non-title match, and Eddie Edwards vs. Jimmy Havoc.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Hunter Brothers vs. The Revolutionists (Castle & Samuels)
I like the Hunter Brothers, they're good opponents to go against a good team. They lack the charisma to really carry a match though, and that's kind of what needs to happen when you're in there against Castle and Samuels. I wouldn't say either of the two Revolutionists are bad, but they're both very basic. Castle you can tell is still green and has been told to keep it simple, but for whatever reason Samuels in RPW doesn't really do a lot apart from generic heel tag stuff. So much of this match was just punches and stomps, and that bores me.

Jimmy Havoc vs. Eddie Edwards
Perhaps I had too high expectations for this match as it was taking place on one of their C shows. I mean it was good, but Havoc-Edwards on paper sounded a lot better. They dabbled with working body parts, with Edwards going after Havoc's hand and leg for brief periods, but it never really went anywhere. It also took quite a while to get going, but it did have a good last few minutes until interference. The interference annoyed me quite a bit actually, as they'd already came up with the perfect excuse not to have any interference (Havoc & Bodom banned from contact or their match is cancelled) but they decided to have the match decided by interference anyway. I'm begging for a Havoc match in RPW with a clean finish. Still, good overall, expected better. ***1/4

themib

Post by themib » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 am

Definite house show feel for last night's Broxbourne show, with hardly any storyline advancement other than Bodom costing Havoc another match. I was surprised how little the fans were into things - they were even kind of uninterested in BRET HART. Though there were a lot of children there for who he was before their time. Ricochet/Morrison kind of suffered a bit for their malaise, to the point of Doug Williams calling everyone out on it on Twitter.

That being said, Ospreay/Black was very good (kids behind Black, everyone else Ospreay, similar thing with Morrison and Ricochet), Havoc was over as a babyface, and the kids loved Morgan Webster, even if one of them openly didn't like his gear. The kids don't watch NXT though, as there was little to no reaction from them for Tommaso Ciampa.

One thing that will make Botchamania for sure - the entranceway collapsed onto Sha Samuels as he made his entrance. Thankfully he wasn't hurt.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Travis vs. ACH is off as unfortunately Trav has had to retire. He hasn't gone into details, but it sounds like his cancer may have re-flared up. Heartbreaking. :(

themib

Post by themib » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:40 pm

On this episode of RevPro TV...

*Eddie Dennis vs. James Castle
*Morgan Webster vs. Josh Bodom

They said there's another episode this weekend that will feature Will Ospreay vs. Josh Bodom for the Cruiserweight Title.

And announced during the show...
► Show Spoiler

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:49 pm

RevPro TV #26

Eddie Dennis vs. James Castle
This was Castle's second match of the taping. Both of these guys are fine competant pro wrestlers but neither guy really brings much of a spark to any match. With an exciting opponent they can have good matches, but together this was kind of bland.

Seems that Dennis is going to be bringing in Andrews and Dunne in.

Josh Bodom vs. Flash Morgan Webster
Urgh Webster. I dunno man, everything he does is so annoying to me and yet he's being pushed big time as a face in both PROGRESS and RevPro. Bodom is good though, and he's showing flickers of being really good; 2016 is set to be a big year for him. This was fine, but nothing really special.

Almost an entirely skippable episode. There's set to be another episode dropping this weekend which will catch them up to where they're supposed to be as this was meant to be last week's episode. The feature match on that episode is Ospreay vs. Bodom from the Cockpit taping, which would mean they're switching tapings before everything has aired from this one. Hopefully they go back as they still haven't shown Haskins vs. Richards, a match I was very much looking forward to seeing.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Martin Kirby will replace Kris Travis on both shows, so on Friday, it's Martin Kirby vs. ACH, and on Saturday, it's Martin Kirby vs. KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito.

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 am

Kirby is a good replacement for Trav. Also he always put's on a solid performance.

And this theme!

wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

themib

Post by themib » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:02 am

TenKoji vs. The Thrillers added to Saturday in Reading.

Padje

Post by Padje » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 am

The cost of the train tickets to/from Reading has forced me to abandon my plans for Global Wars. It's still gonna be on NJPW World, right?