RevPro UK (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
monster mafia

Re: Revolution Pro Wrestling

Post by monster mafia » Mon May 22, 2017 6:51 pm

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 pm

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 pm

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

gbogard

Post by gbogard » Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Awesome! Although I was actually more excited for the Shibata match. Hopefully Riddle gets booked in NJPW this year.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Updated card for the Cockpit this Sunday...

*NON-TITLE MATCH: CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks) vs. Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Zack Sabre Jr.)
*REVOLUTION PRO BRITISH CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Josh Bodom (c) vs. Ashley Dunn
*Angelico vs. Zack Gibson
*The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) vs. Josh Wall & Kurtis Chapman
*Jinny vs. Nina Samuels
*Donovan Dijak vs. Eddie Dennis
*David Starr vs. El Phantasmo

El Phantasmo is a Canadian wrestler who's a former ECCW Champion who has moved over here. Glad to see Rev Pro among the first to book him.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm

British J Cup first round matches:

KYLE O'REILLY VS KUSHIDA
JOSH BODOM VS JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER
WILL OSPREAY VS RYUSUKI TAGUCHI
MARTY SCURLL VS TIGER MASK IV

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 pm

themib wrote:El Phantasmo is a Canadian wrestler who's a former ECCW Champion who has moved over here. Glad to see Rev Pro among the first to book him.
Interesting to see how the UK is becomg a real destination for indie workers. As discussed in the Australian thread, there's going to be a significant influx of talent from Australia /New Zealand as well.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:34 am

I've watched El P grow into a great wrestler over the years and it's awesome to see him plying his trade in the U.K. for RevPro.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

First two matches for the Cockpit show on July 2nd...

*BRITISH CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Josh Bodom (c) vs. David Starr
*Dave Mastiff vs. Donovan Dijak

The first three matches for Summer Sizzler at York Hall on August 17th...

*BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Chris Brookes
*Marty Scurll vs. Rey Mysterio
*Martin Stone vs. Sami Callihan

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Three more added to Sunday's Cockpit show...

*BRITISH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: #CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks) (c) vs. Josh Wall & Kurtis Chapman
*Eddie Dennis vs. Sami Callihan
*Rob Lias vs. Sha Samuels

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 am

I got a ticket for August's Cockpit show! Only War Machine advertised so far but I'm really excited, always liked the look of the venue and the Cockpit shows have been really solid this year. I know Summer Sizzler is right on its heels (and I won't be in London for that) but hoping to see CCK live as well as get to boo Gibson.

Gonna be there with a friend (hopefully) but if anybody else is planning of going, hit me up.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:39 am

So, British J Cup hit Demand last night.

Good show! Beyond Ishii vs Riddle, not a whole lot of must-see, but definitely a fun show for the RevPro/NJPW fan.

Bodom is an excellent heel, insofar as I hate him. The match against Liger was terrific in its momentum, though nothing I'll remember a year from now.

KOR/KUSHI had their worst match, which was still a great match, the crowd just oddly didn't seem that into it. I liked Taguchi vs Ospreay, but felt it might've been better as a shorter match. The finale was a nicely told story, even though it required people to take naps outside. Still, very good, I had a lot of fun watching.

The tags were so much fun. Loved the CCK vs LIJ match, especially with the surprise run-in. The Sho&Yohei vs Contenders match showed again how crisp and great the Tempura Boyz are.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 pm

suplexberry wrote:KOR/KUSHI had their worst match, which was still a great match, the crowd just oddly didn't seem that into it.
Entirely due to how hot it was in the building. Just obliteratingly hot in a way that made it really difficult to get super passionate about the match despite it being really good.

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

VilinskiKonjic wrote:
suplexberry wrote:KOR/KUSHI had their worst match, which was still a great match, the crowd just oddly didn't seem that into it.
Entirely due to how hot it was in the building. Just obliteratingly hot in a way that made it really difficult to get super passionate about the match despite it being really good.
I can second that- As I was at the show too. It was stupidly hot- the venue needed to invest in some air conditioning. Wonder if someone was getting fired after all the microphone fuck-up's as well. 'Theo' was left to look like a right goof during the main event introductions. :lol:

Anyway in my section, up in the balcony- we had to suffer this dumbass 'fan' who spent all evening shouting abuse at Ospreay and wanting to see headlocks. Irritatingly this dumbass starting talking to me- and boy his views on wrestling were laughable. He wasn't keen on the high flying (why come to a show based around Juniors- that tend to do high flying?!) nor did he like any comedy in wrestling. Hypocritically though he was supporting Scurll in the Finals 4-way- make of that what you will!

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 am

Sorry to hear about the heatwave. I vaguely remember hearing about it, but my brain didn't connect the two things. Now I'm pretty worried about going to the Cockpit in early August..

The main event of which just got announced, CCK (Kid Lykos & Travis Banks - a first?) vs War Machine. I'm pretty excited, that should be good. El Phantasmo vs Jay White is the other match announced so far.