RevPro UK (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Oli Court
VOW Staff Member

Re: Revolution Pro Wrestling

Post by Oli Court » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:20 pm

I think Andy Quildan has said that New Japan officials will be at the joint shows in October, and some of the matches at Global Wars UK will be taped for NJPW World, so those two shows are the big chance for the British guys to earn a trip to Japan.

Ospreay for next year's BOSJ has a pretty good chance of happening. He's incredibly impressive, his style fits into the New Japan Juniors, and a new set of fans seeing him for the first time are bound to take to him.

Big Damo has a win over Ishii that could very easily be used as a reason to go and have a rematch in Japan. His style would also mesh well with the Heavyweight roster. Scurll is very good but not as immediately noticeable as Ospreay, and I can't see New Japan bringing in more than one Jr. Heavyweight from Britain at a time.

Those guys would be the main candidates, and they all have high profile singles matches against Okada or Nakamura that weekend, so those could very well be 'audition' matches. I don't see any other British guys having much of a chance with the way the rest of the card is laid out. Haskins is a possibility, it's been 4 years since he was last in Dragon Gate so I doubt his ties to them would be strong enough to stop New Japan from considering him. If they wanted a more technical Junior rather than high-flyer Ospreay, they could definitely go to Haskins instead.

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:53 am

Oli Court wrote: Those guys would be the main candidates, and they all have high profile singles matches against Okada or Nakamura that weekend, so those could very well be 'audition' matches. I don't see any other British guys having much of a chance with the way the rest of the card is laid out. Haskins is a possibility, it's been 4 years since he was last in Dragon Gate so I doubt his ties to them would be strong enough to stop New Japan from considering him. If they wanted a more technical Junior rather than high-flyer Ospreay, they could definitely go to Haskins instead.
I expect a Tanahashi/Haskins announcement for Global Wars. I guess they're waiting until after the Haskins/Styles championship match to announce it.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Have a feeling based on tweets I've seen that it'll be Tanahashi vs. Big Damo in Reading.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm thinking maybe Thrillers vs. TenKoji?

themib

Post by themib » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay added to the Southampton show on September 19th.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:21 am

Lots of announcements:

Already announced but yey graphics:

themib

Post by themib » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Portsmouth also has PJ Black vs. Morgan Webster.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Yup

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Morrison vs. Haskins added to the Southampton show.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:51 pm

The first two matches for the next Cockpit YouTube tapings on September 5th have been announced - Mark Haskins faces Marty Scurll, and Jody Fleisch makes his Revolution Pro Wrestling debut against Sha Samuels.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Yawn

Could be pretty good. Hunters, while being kind of vanilla, are very good.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

New additions to their TV taping:

I'm very much looking forward to the cruiserweight championship match, and the Damo match could be pretty fun.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:58 pm

Damo vs Storm is the dream match I didn't know I wanted but I really do.

speaking of Damo - spent a good amount of time with him this weekend (roomed with him on Saturday) and he's absolutely bang on. One of the coolest wrestlers I've met. Just a pure sound down to earth fella.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:19 pm

While this episode of RevPro TV (#24) was pretty good, the biggest positive takeout was that it contained footage from the Sittingbourne show from the 30th and that means the rest of that show will make it onto the youtube show. Haskins-Richards and Havoc-Edwards should be great TV matches.

Also, Big Damo vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi announced for Global Wars UK. I'm totally up for that.

Lord Gideon Grey vs. Jake McCluskey
About a year and a half ago I was pretty high on McCluskey after seeing him in an amazing match teaming with Ospreay against 2 Unlimited. Since then I've become less and less interested in him each match I've seen; it hasn't helped him that he's been featured mostly in a singles role. Being built around a single move is always going to catch up to you eventually, but can be hidden better when you're in a team. That said, this match really surprised me. I went in with very low expectations, but this was actually pretty good. McCluskey finally seems to be diversifying his offense but the real take-away I got from this is that Grey has quietly become a good in-ring wrestler with a lot of potential. I had previously thought he was just a comedy wrestler who was all about his gimmick, and to give him credit he's very good at that, but he really showed here the potential to be more than that. ***

Hunters vs. Revolutionists and more importantly Havoc vs. Edwards next week. Yay!

themib

Post by themib » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm

They're selling ultra combos for London and Reading with the New Japan stars for £110, which includes photos and signed 8x10s. Individual ones for £15 go on sale tomorrow.

Rich Swann is off the Broxbourne and Southampton shows due to signing with WWE, and he'll be replaced by Tommaso Ciampa.