K-Dojo - The thread of boredom

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

K-Dojo - The thread of boredom

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:12 am

I don't know why you would want to, but Kengo Mashimo fetishists can have at it right here.

Morten VH

Re: K-Dojo - The thread of boredom

Post by Morten VH » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 pm

How's K-Dojo these days?

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh right, the dinosaur guy.. i forgot.. That's pretty cool.

Thanks, i'll go back to not caring again now.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 am

I will say this: Mashimo's team with Madoka is one of my all time favorites and anyone who thinks they sucked is crazy. Haven't really watched a lot these days, but it still has Mashimo though I don't consider myself a fetishist of him, Dinosaur guy, TAKA, & Bambi (Yes it's the whip shut up) so I'm not totally down on it.

Perhaps in 2016 I will return to my former favorite promotion in all of it's currently boring glory, sadly there's just not enough time. I kind of miss it's charms.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

whoknew

Post by whoknew » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:59 am

Whenever they have shows at the Blue Chiba Field (which mostly it is) it sucks the life out of me because the crowd are deader than dead and worse than NOAH's. But aside from shows that they run at THAT buidling, most of the shows I've seen this year have been decent - good from what you can get out of your typical small sized japanese indies these days. Sometimes you do have to cherry pick matches though unless you're a completist like me who has to watch every single match.

pol

Post by pol » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:24 am

The 1/10 show was excellent. Aside from the women's match everything was at least decent and I thought 4 matches (Tamura/Honda, Asahi/Tomato, the tag title match and Nagai/Tonai) ranged from very good to borderline great. My show of the year so far?

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:29 pm

I enjoyed the Tomato match, I thought the main event went way to long. It was awesome for maybe four minutes but then they rolled around for another 20 and I got bored.

NoLoudNoise

Post by NoLoudNoise » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:29 pm

I thought the main event was excellent though near the end Tonai got a little cute with the no selling

I really can't complain much about it though because unlike Okada who used his legs extensively after they were worked on, when he used his legs he sold MORE after doing offense than before which tells you that he hurt his legs even more. I also loved Tank's heat and offense during the match, he played the bully to perfection. He wasn't dominant but once his cronies gave him an opening, he went to work. Great stuff

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:01 pm

pol wrote:The 1/10 show was excellent. Aside from the women's match everything was at least decent and I thought 4 matches (Tamura/Honda, Asahi/Tomato, the tag title match and Nagai/Tonai) ranged from very good to borderline great. My show of the year so far?
I finally quit this promotion for running funerals disguised as wrestling shows, and now I get dragged back in.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:06 pm

This bad boy has been receiving a fair amount of hype:

I'm gonna check it out now.

trask

Post by trask » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Tonai vs. Nagai would be the 2nd best match on WK10 FWIW. Love the shit out of it, the holds were the best part of the match to me and them came the murderous highspots
Trask Bryant
Founder of Wrestling With Words

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:14 am

The Tonai/Mogami match from 2/25 was really good. A lot of fun counters and submission work that played into the finish.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Kaji Tomato for Super J Cup
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

STAP.

Post by STAP. » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Tonai is super underrated. His matches with Mashimo are ****+ (esp. 03/11/2014).

WrestlingCompletist

Post by WrestlingCompletist » Tue May 31, 2016 9:56 am

Is there a full version of the tag hardcore rumble from the 14th anniversary show? One of my mates went to the show when he was in Japan (as well as loads of others, he didn't just go to K-Dojo, he went to almost every Korauken show that was on when he was there) and he said that match was awesome, but on the televised version, its stripped to like 4 minutes. Is there a full version around?