The JOSHI thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Takachulo

Re: The JOSHI thread

Post by Takachulo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:20 am

monster mafia wrote:According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Io Shirai contacted Stardom two days before her appearance and said she was ready to return full-time, as she won’t be going to WWE after all. Reportedly, Shirai took time off and rehabbed her neck after her WWE physical, as requested, but after being cleared to wrestle again, the deal was suddenly off the table.

Meltzer speculated WWE pulling the deal could be due to hesitance to bring in new wrestlers who have serious neck or concussion issues, but it may also be due to the fact that they feel like they have “enough” Japanese women under contract already, and that Shirai just suffered from a case of bad timing.
Think it's much more likely that she didn't get her problem taken care of. I don't think they would have waited to sign her if all she needed was a month or two of rest.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 am

Any word on when Chihiro Hashimoto vs Meiko Satomura is taking place?

Also, the Grand Prix has been a lot of fun.

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Any word on when Chihiro Hashimoto vs Meiko Satomura is taking place?

it is on the 9/24 big show in sendai sun plaza. Tickets seem to be doing very good as well so they can probably fill the 2000+ seats

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:46 am

rollup wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:Any word on when Chihiro Hashimoto vs Meiko Satomura is taking place?

it is on the 9/24 big show in sendai sun plaza. Tickets seem to be doing very good as well so they can probably fill the 2000+ seats

Awesome. Let's hope Chihiro can hold onto this belt for once.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Joshi wrestler Sareee has announced she will be leaving her home promotion SEAdLINNNG next month.

Her last match for the promotion will be held on October 18th.

rollup

Post by rollup » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 am

Toni Storm has won the 5* GP and i presume will challenge for the red belt at the next Korakuen.

Jungle Kyona also challenged for the white belt at her Homecoming Nagoya show next week. Yoko also challenged but i dun know when lol

themib

Post by themib » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 pm

STARDOM title matches set for this weekend's Champions shows...

23rd - Osaka
SWA Title: Toni Storm (c) vs. Mandy Leon
Goddesses of STARDOM Tag Team Title: Hana Kimura & Kagetsu (c) vs. Io Shirai & Viper
Wonder of STARDOM Title: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Yoko Bito

24th - Nagoya
High Speed Title: Mari Apache (c) vs. Hiromi Mimura
Wonder of STARDOM Title: Iwatani or Bito (c) vs. Jungle Kyona
Artist of STARDOM Trios Title: HZK, Io Shirai & Viper (c) vs. Kagetsu, Kris Wolf & Tam Nakano
World of STARDOM Title: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Toni Storm

If Iwatani retains the white belt on Saturday, she has two title matches on Sunday, which leads me to believe that either Yoko Bito wins the white belt on Saturday, or Iwatani gets tired allowing Storm to win the red belt on Sunday.

JML

Post by JML » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Just a reminder about the 9/24 Sendai Girls show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themib

Post by themib » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:17 am

Yoko Bito won the White Belt today in Osaka.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 am

Unfortunately Mayu suffered an injury in the match , a serious arm injury :( :( :( :( :(
► Show Spoiler

themib

Post by themib » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

Dislocated elbow, that'll be a few months out.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Goddamit, and she was just hitting her stride as champion too. Mayu was probabaly set to retain otherwise, yes? I wonder where they go from here, I don't see Storm lasting long as champion. Back to Io Shirai? Or you think they wait for Mayu to come back and beat Toni?

JML

Post by JML » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Goddamit, and she was just hitting her stride as champion too. Mayu was probabaly set to retain otherwise, yes? I wonder where they go from here, I don't see Storm lasting long as champion. Back to Io Shirai? Or you think they wait for Mayu to come back and beat Toni?
It looks like for the next Korakuen, they are gonna put Yoko Bito be the de facto main eventer since she has the white belt and Toni is not on tour. I think they should Hiroyo Matsumoto beat Toni and let her carry the belt until Mayu comes back. It would mean more cause Hiroyo doesn't job and she went to a draw with Toni early in the year.

I doubt Io will get a red belt reign again cause of her neck and she's always a risk of leaving Stardom.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:52 pm

JML wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:Goddamit, and she was just hitting her stride as champion too. Mayu was probabaly set to retain otherwise, yes? I wonder where they go from here, I don't see Storm lasting long as champion. Back to Io Shirai? Or you think they wait for Mayu to come back and beat Toni?
It looks like for the next Korakuen, they are gonna put Yoko Bito be the de facto main eventer since she has the white belt and Toni is not on tour. I think they should Hiroyo Matsumoto beat Toni and let her carry the belt until Mayu comes back. It would mean more cause Hiroyo doesn't job and she went to a draw with Toni early in the year.

I doubt Io will get a red belt reign again cause of her neck and she's always a risk of leaving Stardom.

Hiroyo is great, that makes sense. I thought Io's neck was the reason she wasn't leaving Stardom? Or you mean she might retire?

JML

Post by JML » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:
JML wrote:

Hiroyo is great, that makes sense. I thought Io's neck was the reason she wasn't leaving Stardom? Or you mean she might retire?
Io could leave both ways. If her neck gets better, WWE will definitely offer her a contract again. If her neck gets worse like her sister's neck got worse, retirement wouldn't be out of the question either. She's already lasted 10 years and has done a lot in her career except that WWE spotlight.