The JOSHI thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: The JOSHI thread

Post by Danwaka » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 pm

So JWP has shut down again, possibly for good. Anyone have more details?

JML

Post by JML » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Danwaka wrote:So JWP has shut down again, possibly for good. Anyone have more details?
Long story short, JWP is shutting down cause the group can't use the name and the likeness anymore for ownership reasons. They moved out of their old dojo and found a new one at the beginning of the year. Bolshoi and the rest of her group is coming back with a promotion of their own called Pure-J.

What happens with the name and the IP of JWP, that remains to be seen cause they were selling DVDs of their stuff recently.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:51 pm

They also retired all the Jwp titles except the non Jwp ones.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Ownership reasons? What, was this an NWA-WCW sort of thing?

JML

Post by JML » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Danwaka wrote:Ownership reasons? What, was this an NWA-WCW sort of thing?
Sort of. This is what STRIGGA found through Command Bolshoi's statement

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 pm

she did it again!
► Show Spoiler

Irving

Post by Irving » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Just watched the final JWP show and man was it tastefully done! I really only watched the nostalgia pieces but man did they leave tears in my eyes. Love that a lot of the OG's were involved. I know I for one will miss it.

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu May 11, 2017 3:58 pm

will kairi drop the belt to Mayu ?

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 am

Since JWP was recently the talk of the town, I was a little curious if someone could help me with a question I've been having:

Would anyone happen to know the background song used in this pre-match package? It sounds like a Spanish band, but I wouldn't have a clue about that scene.

themib

Post by themib » Sun May 14, 2017 11:42 am

Mayu won the White Belt as expected today. Io and Toni went to a 30 minute draw for the Red Belt.

scholarwarrior

Post by scholarwarrior » Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 pm

themib wrote:Mayu won the White Belt as expected today. Io and Toni went to a 30 minute draw for the Red Belt.
Must be where Mayu joins Oedo Tai and takes all the belts. :)

Senpike

Post by Senpike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Is there a place to catch the Pure-J shows?

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 pm

According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Io Shirai contacted Stardom two days before her appearance and said she was ready to return full-time, as she won’t be going to WWE after all. Reportedly, Shirai took time off and rehabbed her neck after her WWE physical, as requested, but after being cleared to wrestle again, the deal was suddenly off the table.

Meltzer speculated WWE pulling the deal could be due to hesitance to bring in new wrestlers who have serious neck or concussion issues, but it may also be due to the fact that they feel like they have “enough” Japanese women under contract already, and that Shirai just suffered from a case of bad timing.

scholarwarrior

Post by scholarwarrior » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:29 am

monster mafia wrote:According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Io Shirai contacted Stardom two days before her appearance and said she was ready to return full-time, as she won’t be going to WWE after all. Reportedly, Shirai took time off and rehabbed her neck after her WWE physical, as requested, but after being cleared to wrestle again, the deal was suddenly off the table.

Meltzer speculated WWE pulling the deal could be due to hesitance to bring in new wrestlers who have serious neck or concussion issues, but it may also be due to the fact that they feel like they have “enough” Japanese women under contract already, and that Shirai just suffered from a case of bad timing.
I'm OK with this. :D

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:33 am

scholarwarrior wrote:
monster mafia wrote:According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Io Shirai contacted Stardom two days before her appearance and said she was ready to return full-time, as she won’t be going to WWE after all. Reportedly, Shirai took time off and rehabbed her neck after her WWE physical, as requested, but after being cleared to wrestle again, the deal was suddenly off the table.

I'm OK with this. :D
I am as well. In my head as I read this I thought, "Good, fuck 'em".