OWE - Oriental Wrestling Entertainment

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

OWE - Oriental Wrestling Entertainment

Post by PKThree » Sat May 26, 2018 9:36 pm

With OWE breaking into the internet wrestling bubble I figured we could use a thread to discuss it in.

I enjoyed their first weekly show on Twitch but the camera work could use some improvement, which I am sure will happen with time.

The entire roster is very talented for their short career length, their background in Shaolin helps a lot obviously.

rollup

Re: OWE - Oriental Wrestling Entertainment

Post by rollup » Sun May 27, 2018 9:52 am

i understand mandarin so it kinda funny to know what they are saying ... the announcer kinda breaks the fourth wall at times and literally direct translates lol

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 am

I can understand the need to do that tho considering these fans are all new to wrestling as a whole it seems. You kinda need to establish the context and help get them to understand wrestling a bit. I am sure that as the company grows and continues doing shows the announcer will have to direct the crowd less.

We have a promotion up here in Sweden where the ring announcer recaps every storyline before each match for this reason as well.

Finished the second show just now. It was fun. The kids are obviously green but they have some insane potential.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun May 27, 2018 5:28 pm

PKThree wrote: We have a promotion up here in Sweden where the ring announcer recaps every storyline before each match for this reason as well.
More info please: always looking to expand the promotions I follow and, if this place has a decent tag division going, might be worth my time.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 pm

I have no idea what is happening, or why it is happening, but OWE are FIVE nights in a row in the UK for an apparent TV taping. Two in London and three in Liverpool and considering I live 5 minutes from the venue in China Town in Liverpool I may have to go.

https://www.orientalwrestlingentertainment.com/uk

Very interested to see who they are bringing over and if any of the Strong Hearts talent are in the UK.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Sunny Zhai vs. Buck Gunderson is the first match announced for the SMASH x OWE shows.

Just from what I've heard, I would expect these shows to be loaded. Would recommended finding a way to get there if you're near the area

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Saw via twitter that they were scouting CAMBODIA the other day. Knowing them they are going to find some insane talent from there and they'll be booked on every WM weekend show in 2025.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm
Saw via twitter that they were scouting CAMBODIA the other day. Knowing them they are going to find some insane talent from there and they'll be booked on every WM weekend show in 2025.
And then the powers that be won't know who to book them against. Oh well.