Streaming Service Recommendations

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
tonygw

Streaming Service Recommendations

Post by tonygw » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello,

Anyone have any experience with AJPW, BJW, and ROH streaming service?

Of the plethora out now those are the three I have been debating and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My thoughts

AJPW - been digging a lot of the stuff they have been putting out. If they contained the early days that would be awesome but I know that is owned by NTV and isn't available.

BJW - love Strong Style division and Sekimoto. Not a deathmatch fan.

ROH - this would be a no brainer but I have heard a lot of issues with the streaming. Also, wish they had more old ROH available.

packerman120

Re: Streaming Service Recommendations

Post by packerman120 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Get AJPW's serivce for this month, as you're going to get the most value out of it with the Carnival coming up + the 3/25 Saitama show that just occured. Definitely don't get BJW, because that service is just a crap shoot, as many would attest. Horrible show turnaround.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:32 am

DDT Universe and WXW Now are the best value month to month IMO. Tons of live stuff, tons of archived stuff, it's great. AJPW is new so it is hard to say but the Carnival should be worth it.

Don't get BJW. Nothing live, awful turnaround, clunk. Bad service.

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 pm

ROH really did quarter-ass it with their Honor Club roll out. None of the old school stuff with guys like Daniel Bryan, Punk, or Joe that people would be into and supposedly the streaming has been pretty shitty. The are offering Supercard with the monthly subscription so I may get it to see that.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:16 pm

DDT is the best value as they have multiple promotions in their service, though they recently rolled out a confusing tier payment service.

AJPW and DG looks good so far, though DG might have the edge once they put out their archives.

LukePuroresu89

Post by LukePuroresu89 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am

I had Honor Club for 3 months. Hated it, I did have the basic ringside but the streaming was bad, expected you to pay $20 dollars for the big events when bigger companies like NJPW don't charge extra for their big shows etc. The lack of vintage shows that they made their name on, and are still in good graces for.

BJW is awful, I love Big Japan but their turnaround is awful.

DG is great so far, I do pay that extra to see the live shows.

mattprentice

Post by mattprentice » Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 am

I’ve been very pleased with AJPW.TV so far. Champions Carnival ruled and Super Power Series has been an easy watch. Quality of the actual service itself rivals NJPW World.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Wed May 23, 2018 4:15 pm

I would also recommend AGAINST honor club. For a company owned by a broadcast juggernaut, the system was lagging and difficult to navigate.
Also, when i tried to cancel, they wound up billing me an extra month and i had to call to sort it out