NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Goat

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Goat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 am

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is how Kenny basically worked it from the day after the Dome and ended it the day before the next tour started. With Fantasticamania being its own little world.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:39 am

The funny thing with this Omega deal is that the people playing up to it have never even said anything about there being any actual talks with WWE since the Dome show. No word about WWE making any offers. Nothing. That's another key detail.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23 am

What version of events would speak well of Meltzer's reporting or ethics?

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:00 am

Omega mainly worked the NJPW casuals and WWE fans in the English-speaking fandom, raising his own stock if he ever wants to go to WWE and possibly getting the casuals who love him more invested in his future and therefore more into NJPW. Good work all around.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am

Uhaacrewz wrote:The funny thing with this Omega deal is that the people playing up to it have never even said anything about there being any actual talks with WWE since the Dome show. No word about WWE making any offers. Nothing. That's another key detail.
I genuinely think he was under contract through 2017 the entire time and never had a conversation with WWE

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:09 pm

First two matches were alright but forgettable. Finlay was pulled from the second match because of a right shoulder injury.

Suzukigun vs. YH/Gedo/Jado was awful

KES vs. TenCozy was good.

CHAOS vs. NJ Army was really good.

NJ Army vs. LIdJ was pretty good. Exactly what you'd expect + great Taguchi antics

CHAOS vs. Suzukigun was solid. The CHAOS team showed a lot of fire, Suzuki was how you'd expect, TAKA and Taichi did their schtick but not as much as they've done in the past so I didn't get too annoyed. Despy got on the apron but that was the only interference the whole show, but they did the mallet bullshit.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Alright, people need to calm the fuck down with NJPW drawing like 1.6k people in Korakuen today. IT WAS JUST A ROAD TO SHOW, AND A ROAD TO NEW BEGINNING SHOW I MIGHT ADD. FOURTH SHOW IN KORAKUEN IN 7 DAYS. If it was like 1000 people, I could understand why people are scared, but guys, just please calm down, it means nothing.

Today's show was fine. KES/Tenkoji was good, 8 man tag with Ospreay and Shibata was the MotN (*** 3/4 for me), LIJ/Red Army was really good as well and the main event was good. Really hoping that RPG Vice retain in Sapporo, Taichi holding a NJPW title in 2017 would be the biggest wtf moment ever.

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Alright, people need to calm the fuck down with NJPW drawing like 1.6k people in Korakuen today. IT WAS JUST A ROAD TO SHOW, AND A ROAD TO NEW BEGINNING SHOW I MIGHT ADD. FOURTH SHOW IN KORAKUEN IN 7 DAYS. If it was like 1000 people, I could understand why people are scared, but guys, just please calm down, it means nothing.
I didn't see anybody making a fuss about it, just pointing out that it coincided with the Suzukigun return.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Alright, people need to calm the fuck down with NJPW drawing like 1.6k people in Korakuen today. IT WAS JUST A ROAD TO SHOW, AND A ROAD TO NEW BEGINNING SHOW I MIGHT ADD. FOURTH SHOW IN KORAKUEN IN 7 DAYS. If it was like 1000 people, I could understand why people are scared, but guys, just please calm down, it means nothing.
Is there anyone really worried or ringing alarm bells over this? Unless I'm missing something, Twitter, /wooo/, and Reddit are quiet.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote: Is there anyone really worried or ringing alarm bells over this? Unless I'm missing something, Twitter, /wooo/, and Reddit are quiet.
A couple of people on twitter (Me included) noted and pointed out that New Japan's legit sellout of Korakuen hall streak was broken on the show Suzuki-Gun returned on. Granted most of us did it in an attempt to be funny and if he interpreted it as people panicking that is on him I guess.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am

i don't think anyone is panicking, but it is a funny coincidence don't you think?

rollup

Post by rollup » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:30 pm

there is no need to be up in arms when people up having fun on twitter u know ...

On a serious note , i do hope Gedo takes note of what happens you put Taichi in a main event .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:48 pm

It might be nothing but the finish to the L.I.J match, hinted at some seeds being planted for some simmering tension and eventual confrontation between members over the come year.

SANADA ended up taking some 'friendly fire' from BUSHI, and post match he gave off a ' I accept as an accident this time but it better not happen again' vibe.

It could have just been a genuine accident on BUSHI's part and SANADA might have actually been pissed off getting covered in mist, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the first seed being sown for L.I.J not all being on the same page.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:38 pm

I think when LIJ starts imploding SANADA will be the first to go, but for now I'll accept the mist thing as an accident.

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 am

People suggesting Okada was told to tweet this by somebody higher up. I just found it funny.

Now this, bonus.