NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Buzz Sawyer

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 pm

I would love to see KES & Suzuki come back in full time. KES alone would help the tag team division.
Who's Rob Viper ?

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:48 am

Kota might pop up at WK but from what I've heard there's no way he's working that show. Not when his WWE status is still up in the air. Don't be shocked and awed when he's working the Osaka show.

And I guess people will only believe the time bomb isn't Suzuki when the time bomb actually explodes.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 am

It seems at WK we will get "CHAOS vs Bullet Club" and "LIJ vs the Tana/Elgin/Kushida/Shibata crew" as the main theme of the show? So that's probably Omega vs Okada, Ishii and Goto vs GOD, Tana vs Naito, Shibata vs Evil, and Kushida vs Bushi?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm

jesse wrote:And I guess people will only believe the time bomb isn't Suzuki when the time bomb actually explodes.
Cody Hall

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
jesse wrote:And I guess people will only believe the time bomb isn't Suzuki when the time bomb actually explodes.
Cody Hall
It'll be Cody before it's Suzuki.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:58 pm

jesse wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
Cody Hall
It'll be Cody before it's Suzuki.

Why don't you think it's Suzuki? He apparently mentions time bombs in his promos all the time. Is the phrase being used just to throw us off?

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:08 pm

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:It seems at WK we will get "CHAOS vs Bullet Club" and "LIJ vs the Tana/Elgin/Kushida/Shibata crew" as the main theme of the show? So that's probably Omega vs Okada, Ishii and Goto vs GOD, Tana vs Naito, Shibata vs Evil, and Kushida vs Bushi?
I think NOAH vs. NJPW might be part of it too. Plus your card leaves SANADA out. I could see him, EVIL and BUSHI going for the six man titles. I think we will end up with KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay III, and Shibata vs. Shiozaki or Suzuki.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:38 pm

I don't really see why every match has to be either BC/CHAOS or team NJPW/LIJ.

How about this: Omega/Okada, Tana/Naito, Shibata/Suzuki OR Shiozaki, Kushida vs Ricochet, Briscoes vs Goto & Ishii (the best scenario would be G.B.H vs Goto and Ishii, but obviously that is not happening), Bucks and Cole vs Ospreay and RPG Vice for the Trios title, O'Reilly vs Sakuraba for the ROH World Title (idk how, but I want this to happen).

The rest could be GBH and Elgin vs LIJ (or Elgin vs Makabe, since Makabe always gets big matches in the Dome, and him putting over Elgin would be great for Big Mike). Also obviously a NOAH/NJPW and BC/CHAOS tags, because you need to get guys like Fale, Yano or Nagata on the card.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:I don't really see why every match has to be either BC/CHAOS or team NJPW/LIJ.

How about this: Omega/Okada, Tana/Naito, Shibata/Suzuki OR Shiozaki, Kushida vs Ricochet, Briscoes vs Goto & Ishii (the best scenario would be G.B.H vs Goto and Ishii, but obviously that is not happening), Bucks and Cole vs Ospreay and RPG Vice for the Trios titles, O'Reilly vs Sakuraba for the ROH World Title (idk how, but I want this to happen).

The rest could be GBH and Elgin vs LIJ (or Elgin vs Makabe, since Makabe always gets big matches in the Dome, and him putting over Elgin would be great for Big Mike). Also obviously a NOAH/NJPW and BC/CHAOS tags, because you need to get guys like Fale, Yano or Nagata on the card.
Last edited by Rainmaker_F7 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:45 pm

I think there's a much higher chance of KUSHIDA vs Ospreay at WK than anything else for the Jr belt

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 pm

dean3790 wrote:Why don't you think it's Suzuki? He apparently mentions time bombs in his promos all the time. Is the phrase being used just to throw us off?
Uncle Minoru ain't taking UK dates where he has to leave his family and his store if that New Japan cash is about to come rolling in. People should go and look at that NOAH card that they're running with Okada on the top in the tag match and tell me if NOAH can even run shows without Suzuki Gun.

I'm not the only one that's heard it's not him. If it is then it is. I don't really care if I'm wrong but from everything that's been told to me since New Japan started running these videos it's ever once been brought up as Suzuki. Even without the whispers just looking at the position NOAH is in right now it can't be him.

People have this idea that the 3rd gen are going to replace SZKG in NOAH and I'm not really sure why. The rumor wasn't about NOAH to start with in regards to all of that. It was about All Japan.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:58 pm

jesse wrote:
dean3790 wrote:Why don't you think it's Suzuki? He apparently mentions time bombs in his promos all the time. Is the phrase being used just to throw us off?
Uncle Minoru ain't taking UK dates where he has to leave his family and his store if that New Japan cash is about to come rolling in. People should go and look at that NOAH card that they're running with Okada on the top in the tag match and tell me if NOAH can even run shows without Suzuki Gun.

I'm not the only one that's heard it's not him. If it is then it is. I don't really care if I'm wrong but from everything that's been told to me since New Japan started running these videos it's ever once been brought up as Suzuki. Even without the whispers just looking at the position NOAH is in right now it can't be him.

People have this idea that the 3rd gen are going to replace SZKG in NOAH and I'm not really sure why. The rumor wasn't about NOAH to start with in regards to all of that. It was about All Japan.
I think those people were me because I had specifically posted about that and am now realizing you are right that it wasn't NOAH, it was AJPW.

I am only thinking it's Suzuki because I really don't know who else it could be. You are absolutely right that NOAH could not survive without SZKG. Who do you think the time bomb is then?

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Dreamboat wrote:I think there's a much higher chance of KUSHIDA vs Ospreay at WK than anything else for the Jr belt
It'd not make much sense. So let's say Kushida beats Bushi at Power Struggle and then Ospreay challenges him for the WK11 match. First of all, Kushida already beat him twice. And Ospreay would probably FINALLY beat Kushida, so you'd have two title runs in a row end with no successful defenses. Not really a good idea.

Ricochet and Kushida are 1-1 in singles matches as far as I know and if I remember correctly they agreed to have a tiebreaker in the future. Ricochet can lose and that won't really damage him. Hell, he can just win BOSJ later that year and win the Juniors title from Ospreay or whatever. But I think Ricochet-Kushida is a much smarter choice for Dome Juniors title match than Ospreay-Kushida.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Cody Hall
That would be a major disappointment.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm kidding about Hall.

I do think he should come back repacked. He was improving fast just as he got injured, very bad timing from that perspective.