NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
King Of Indy Style

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:02 am

G.o.D back in the Tag Title picture is genuinely worrisome. I thought after they lost the titles Loa would never be brought back, let alone allowed to be in another Tag Title program. I keep saying that New Japan should bring over more ROH Teams to pad that division. Bring over War Machine and let them wrestle the Briscoes or something.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:G.o.D back in the Tag Title picture is genuinely worrisome. I thought after they lost the titles Loa would never be brought back, let alone allowed to be in another Tag Title program. I keep saying that New Japan should bring over more ROH Teams to pad that division. Bring over War Machine and let them wrestle the Briscoes or something.
I literally screamed "Awww fuck no" when I saw them beat down the Briscoes.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 am

Couldn't they have let Goto/Ishii challenge Briscoes and win at KOPW, then have a heel team like EVIL/SANADA win WTL to face them at Kingdom? And then have someone else challenge Omega, like one of the Dads?

jesse

Post by jesse » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Danwaka wrote:Couldn't they have let Goto/Ishii challenge Briscoes and win at KOPW, then have a heel team like EVIL/SANADA win WTL to face them at Kingdom? And then have someone else challenge Omega, like one of the Dads?
No because LIJ are not feuding with CHAOS and Goto and Ishii are going to be fed to Omega to beat so it looks like Okada is defending not just the belt but CHAOS at WK. How exciting?
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:15 pm

jesse wrote:
Danwaka wrote:Couldn't they have let Goto/Ishii challenge Briscoes and win at KOPW, then have a heel team like EVIL/SANADA win WTL to face them at Kingdom? And then have someone else challenge Omega, like one of the Dads?
No because LIJ are not feuding with CHAOS and Goto and Ishii are going to be fed to Omega to beat so it looks like Okada is defending not just the belt but CHAOS at WK. How exciting?
Mm. I'm not too upset with it but I imagine that's partially because the intake of NJPW is far less than WWE with their weekly shows and such. Though speaking of CHAOS, I wouldn't mind seeing Sakuraba challenge Omega as a part-time CHAOS man. Or popping up in NOAH for that matter. Is he just doing RIZIN this year?

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:46 pm

why dont put evil/sanada vs briscoes
?
g.o.d. sucks

jesse

Post by jesse » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Danwaka wrote:
jesse wrote:
Mm. I'm not too upset with it but I imagine that's partially because the intake of NJPW is far less than WWE with their weekly shows and such. Though speaking of CHAOS, I wouldn't mind seeing Sakuraba challenge Omega as a part-time CHAOS man. Or popping up in NOAH for that matter. Is he just doing RIZIN this year?
Don't know what's up with Saku but he's fight CUP NOODLE MAN on the RIZIN show. I still hope we get him and Kushida for the Jr title.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:59 pm

What do you all see as the card for WK11 at this point? I'm playing some TEW 2016 (the booking sim) and starting with NJPW in 2017. So far I have Okada vs. Omega, Tana vs. Naito (in the main event after a fan vote), and then the traditional car crash Jr. Tag match and a NOAH vs. Third Gen tag.

I'm not sure about Shibata (vs. Minoru Suzuki for the NEVER belt?), the Jr. Belt (KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay III?) or the tag titles (Briscoes vs. WTL winners Goto/Ishii?). And there's usually the special singles match that is a defacto #1 contenders match, right? Maybe Elgin vs. EVIL?

Any ideas are appreciated as I'm open to suggestions and genuinely curious what people think will happen.

jesse

Post by jesse » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:10 pm

dean3790 wrote:What do you all see as the card for WK11 at this point? I'm playing some TEW 2016 (the booking sim) and starting with NJPW in 2017. So far I have Okada vs. Omega, Tana vs. Naito (in the main event after a fan vote), and then the traditional car crash Jr. Tag match and a NOAH vs. Third Gen tag.

I'm not sure about Shibata (vs. Minoru Suzuki for the NEVER belt?), the Jr. Belt (KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay III?) or the tag titles (Briscoes vs. WTL winners Goto/Ishii?). And there's usually the special singles match that is a defacto #1 contenders match, right? Maybe Elgin vs. EVIL?

Any ideas are appreciated as I'm open to suggestions and genuinely curious what people think will happen.
Okada/Omega
Naito/Tanahashi
KUSHIDA/???
GOD/Goto and ???
Shibata/Shiozaki
Nagata and TenCozy/Nakajima and Kitamiya and ???
JR Tag title clusterfuck

That's my best guess right now.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:25 pm

jesse wrote:
dean3790 wrote:What do you all see as the card for WK11 at this point? I'm playing some TEW 2016 (the booking sim) and starting with NJPW in 2017. So far I have Okada vs. Omega, Tana vs. Naito (in the main event after a fan vote), and then the traditional car crash Jr. Tag match and a NOAH vs. Third Gen tag.

Okada/Omega
Naito/Tanahashi
KUSHIDA/???
GOD/Goto and ???
Shibata/Shiozaki
Nagata and TenCozy/Nakajima and Kitamiya and ???
JR Tag title clusterfuck

That's my best guess right now.

??? next to Goto is obviously going to be Ishii. How about Elgin vs Makabe? NJPW obviously really likes Elgin, and Makabe always gets big matches on Wrestle Kingdom, so why not?

Okada/Omega
Naito/Tana
KUSHIDA/Ricochet
Briscoes/Goto and Ishii (let's just call them Strong NJ)
Shibata/Go
Elgin/Makabe
Cole & Bucks/EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI for the Trios Title
O'Reilly vs Sakuraba for the ROH Title, because reasons

+

Juniors TT title match + BC/CHAOS and NOAH/NJ veterans tag matches.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:47 pm

I like Elgin vs. Makabe but does that leave Honma in the Rumble?

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Idk, maybe the NJ/NOAH match?

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:52 pm

I remember Kidani talking about a reDRagon vs Sakuraba and Shinya Aoki match once. Wonder if that's possible.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:51 am

Goat wrote:I remember Kidani talking about a reDRagon vs Sakuraba and Shinya Aoki match once. Wonder if that's possible.
I want this so bad.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:58 am

A situation that won't end well: