NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
saviorofstrongstyle

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:07 am

:( ugh

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:23 am

He missed house shows before the G1 last year so it's not the first time New Japan have taken him off shows. It's a big issue if he misses his title defense against Fish on Saturday. They can take him off the rest of the Destruction tour after and he can get some time off until KOPW.

Could be a stinger in his neck since it's a neck issue. Could be something more. I think it's going to take something very serious for him to not work the Fish match.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 am

interestingly enough RPW just announced Shibata for Nov 10th.....
but i'm guessing it's a bit of a premature announcement due to the news of the injury breaking today

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:02 pm

if he is too injured , they should strip the title off him and have Nagata win the title and later have Nakajima totally destroy Nagata to win the title while shibata is in nagata's corner.

on the the other hand , screw Noah and their schedules and title plans , just have Nakajima start the program now . :lol: :lol:

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:18 pm

I don't know, if this is the thread in which I should write about this stuff, but since there is no wrestlekingdom thread I'll post it here. Does anybody know if tickets for tokyo dome are already avaialable? I've heard that you can get them on the day of the show, but is there any other way people from outside of Japan can get it? I really don't want to spend like 700+ euros and watch the show with binos. I also heard that it's really hard to communicate in Tokyo for gaijins. Does anybody have any experience about it?

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:49 pm

elloziom wrote:I don't know, if this is the thread in which I should write about this stuff, but since there is no wrestlekingdom thread I'll post it here. Does anybody know if tickets for tokyo dome are already avaialable? I've heard that you can get them on the day of the show, but is there any other way people from outside of Japan can get it? I really don't want to spend like 700+ euros and watch the show with binos. I also heard that it's really hard to communicate in Tokyo for gaijins. Does anybody have any experience about it?
Tickets go on sale in September for NJPW fan club members (need to be in Japan to join), then October for general sale. I think it's the 11th October but I'm not 100% on that

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:22 am

elloziom wrote:I don't know, if this is the thread in which I should write about this stuff, but since there is no wrestlekingdom thread I'll post it here. Does anybody know if tickets for tokyo dome are already avaialable? I've heard that you can get them on the day of the show, but is there any other way people from outside of Japan can get it? I really don't want to spend like 700+ euros and watch the show with binos. I also heard that it's really hard to communicate in Tokyo for gaijins. Does anybody have any experience about it?
personally u can survive in Tokyo just fine without speaking at single word of japanese. It weird's but they can understand (broken) english but not speak (or want to speak) english. most restaurants can offer english menus if needed. more important is to have a pocket wifi/sim card and research a bit on the train station names of the places you are going ... :D

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:17 pm

mmmm

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:03 pm

monster mafia wrote:mmmm

Kidani loves them

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 pm

rollup wrote:
personally u can survive in Tokyo just fine without speaking at single word of japanese. It weird's but they can understand (broken) english but not speak (or want to speak) english. most restaurants can offer english menus if needed. more important is to have a pocket wifi/sim card and research a bit on the train station names of the places you are going ... :D
Having been out to Japan a few times myself. I would pretty much concur with what rollup said. Unless you're planning to have an in depth conversation with someone about the pro's and con's of Gedo's booking or New Japan's split shows strategy for some of their lesser PPV's- you can get away with the international language of smile, nod and point at stuff. :lol:

Seriously though most of the signage for stuff is also written in Romaji (western style writing). But the main thing is just be prepared and do your research before hand. Also I would agree that hiring a pocket wi-fi is another thing that can be helpful whilst you are out there, especially if you're trying to find an obscure shop/restaurant that is located down a side street.

Anyway I'm off to Japan again myself at the end of the month for two weeks, going to a Dragon Gate show at Korakuen on the second day of my trip and then I will be at King of Pro Wrestling on the penultimate day of my trip- so I have a real interest in how that card will end up shaping up!

jesse

Post by jesse » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:42 am

Shibata vs Fish is confirmed for Saturday.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 am

jesse wrote:Shibata vs Fish is confirmed for Saturday.
any chance for the infamous to winnig the belt ?

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm

monster mafia wrote:
jesse wrote:Shibata vs Fish is confirmed for Saturday.
any chance for the infamous to winnig the belt ?
Well now that we know about the injury it is possible, but I still think Shibata is going to win. There are so many potential challengers that you don't want to give the title to Bobby Fish. I hope Shibata will win and then take some time off before the O'Reilly match and the continuation of the Dads & Shibata/NOAH feud.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:15 pm

This injury news regarding Shibata (for me) definitely adds intrigue to the Katsuyori Shibata/Bobby Fish title match tomorrow. Before, I would have pegged this as a successful defense for Shibata, but now with this injury news, I think the match is more of a tossup, because if Shibata is hurt, and needs to take time off, this is the perfect opportunity to take the title off of him (generally, in situations like this, unless the injury is debilitating to the point where they physically can't do the match, I would prefer if the injured person in question drops the title belt in an actual match as opposed to vacating it).

I wonder what this whole situation does to the Shibata/New Japan Dads vs. NOAH feud if Shibata has to miss a few months. Does it just kill the feud dead, or does it just continue with Nagata/Kojima/Tenzan leading the charge?

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:21 am

There's new juice, but at the same time I have a hard time imagining that they'd but the belt on Fish - a belt that has some responsibility to draw in Japan.

Although I suppose he could immediately lose it to a third person, but it just seems so strange to have Bobby Fish as the NEVER champ. I don't think he's a big enough deal to the NJPW audience for it.

And hey, I think he's great.