NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
DXvsNWO

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 am

Just looked over the full cards for the New Beginning shows. Are they really doing Yano & The Briscoes vs. Fale/Tonga/Yujiro on BOTH Osaka & Niigata, or am I reading something incorrectly?

rollup

Post by rollup » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:21 am

DXvsNWO wrote:Just looked over the full cards for the New Beginning shows. Are they really doing Yano & The Briscoes vs. Fale/Tonga/Yujiro on BOTH Osaka & Niigata, or am I reading something incorrectly?

from my reading of Chinese wordings I can only decipher that the nigaata match is a non title one ...

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Late to the party but holy crap Kamitachi and Dragon Lee was great. I am cursing myself for not following Lucha at all because they are amazing. What is the matches I should watch in regards to them?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:22 pm

dancecab wrote:Late to the party but holy crap Kamitachi and Dragon Lee was great. I am cursing myself for not following Lucha at all because they are amazing. What is the matches I should watch in regards to them?
Here's everyone of their matches to make tape to date (thanks to the great cubsfan):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xYX8m1logW

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 pm

jesse wrote:
If you want one of those Nakamura shirts you don't have much time to order and you'll have to use a forwarding service as they're only going to be available on New Japan's webstore just as a warning. They won't be sold after February 16th.
Can you link me to that page? I can't find the shirt.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
dancecab wrote:Late to the party but holy crap Kamitachi and Dragon Lee was great. I am cursing myself for not following Lucha at all because they are amazing. What is the matches I should watch in regards to them?
Here's everyone of their matches to make tape to date (thanks to the great cubsfan):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xYX8m1logW
Much appreciated to you both. Will have to watch that at the end of the week. (After I catch up on Dragon Gate and main event from the last Stardom show).

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 pm

2/11 - New Beginning in Osaka

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada vs Hirooki Goto

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Kenny Omega & Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

NEVER Openweight Championship
Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship
Young Bucks vs reDRagon vs Sydal & Ricochet

NEVER 6-Man Tag Championship
Toru Yano & Briscoe Brothers vs Tonga & Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale

Michael Elgin & KUSHIDA & Juice Robinson vs Tetsuya Naito & EVIL & BUSHI

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi

Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo vs Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger & Ryusuke Taguchi

David Finlay vs Jay White

2/14 - New Beginning in Niigata

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kenny Omega

IWGP Tag Championship
Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe vs Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA vs BUSHI

Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii & YOHSI-HASHI vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata & Juice Robinson

Non-Title
Toru Yano & Briscoes vs Bad Luck Fale & Takahashi & Tama Tonga

Michael Elgin & Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito & EVIL

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi & David Finlay

reDRagon vs Kazushi Sakuraba & Gedo

Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask & Captain New Japan vs Young Bucks & Cody Hall
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

ssindelman

Post by ssindelman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Kind of strange they're doing the NEVER 6 Man match twice -- even with the 2nd night being a non title affair.

Also, I'm very stoked to see Finlay v White as well as reDRagon stretching out and pounding down on Saku.

ssindelman

Post by ssindelman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:18 pm

And how will Goto handle getting booed on 2/11?

ssindelman

Post by ssindelman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Speaking of Goto, he has just been added to the RoH show in Vegas on 2/26.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm

I gotta be honest I'm pretty jacked up for Goto vs. Okada after the Kouraken Road to New Beginning show. This heel aggressive Goto just wanting to beat the crap out of Okada is giving me heat to a match I really didn't care for (despite the fact I know the match will be well worked). From the moment in the tag match where he made Nakamura tag in Okada and the heat he received for it, I was sold. Goto being an aggressive dick is absolutely great.

Also the Niigata card makes me think Naito & Evil are going to challenge Honma & Makabe for the tag titles.

ssindelman

Post by ssindelman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 pm

dancecab wrote:I gotta be honest I'm pretty jacked up for Goto vs. Okada after the Kouraken Road to New Beginning show. This heel aggressive Goto just wanting to beat the crap out of Okada is giving me heat to a match I really didn't care for (despite the fact I know the match will be well worked). From the moment in the tag match where he made Nakamura tag in Okada and the heat he received for it, I was sold. Goto being an aggressive dick is absolutely great.

Also the Niigata card makes me think Naito & Evil are going to challenge Honma & Makabe for the tag titles.
Once again we have a hot and heavy feud between Okada and his title challenger involving brawling and such. And once again the challenger comes across as a heelish dick. LOVE IT!

Hmm...if your thoughts for the next tag title challenge is correct, I'd root for LIdJ to win over GBH.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:43 pm

ssindelman wrote:
dancecab wrote:I gotta be honest I'm pretty jacked up for Goto vs. Okada after the Kouraken Road to New Beginning show. This heel aggressive Goto just wanting to beat the crap out of Okada is giving me heat to a match I really didn't care for (despite the fact I know the match will be well worked). From the moment in the tag match where he made Nakamura tag in Okada and the heat he received for it, I was sold. Goto being an aggressive dick is absolutely great.

Once again we have a hot and heavy feud between Okada and his title challenger involving brawling and such. And once again the challenger comes across as a heelish dick. LOVE IT!

Hmm...if your thoughts for the next tag title challenge is correct, I'd root for LIdJ to win over GBH.
Yet Okada just stays calm cocky and cool. It's amazing television.

The only other thought stream I could see that going is LI against whoever the trios champs are. The fact Los Ingobernables haven't lost a tag match since the tag tournament doesn't seem by accident.

pol

Post by pol » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't know where you're seeing either of those directions for the Ingobernables? It looks like they're building to either Naito/Elgin or EVIL/Elgin to me.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:54 pm

pol wrote:I don't know where you're seeing either of those directions for the Ingobernables? It looks like they're building to either Naito/Elgin or EVIL/Elgin to me.
Naito/Elgin seems the immediate program for Honor Rising. I'm more thinking in regards to Invasion Attack based purely on win/loss record.