NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Danwaka » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Also holy shit, Umino 2.0 in the house. I'm guessing Junior Heavyweight to start?

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Talking about the rookies, where did this Takumi Honjo guy go? And where is Kanemitsu? It's like they diseappear into thin air...

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Kanemitsu has been injured, I believe. No idea on the whereabouts of Honjo.

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:50 pm

strikamura wrote:Kanemitsu has been injured, I believe. No idea on the whereabouts of Honjo.
There were some pictures of Makabe visiting the dojo and taking pictures with the trainees. No Honjo. Everyone assumes he's left entirely.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, now I remember there being talk of a young lion leaving the dojo. Guess that solves that mystery.

Very hyped for Iwamoto and Aoyagi on the card.
Last edited by strikamura on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 pm

That LION'S GATE card is awesome. TAKA getting to stretch Red Shoes' son will be awesome, Kawato is going to sell his ass off, Iwamato and Aoyagi are both awesome. I don't know who Toru Sugiura is, but he's from FREEDOMS, so that's intriguing. The main event will be awesome. And there's a man named DINOSAUR TAKUMA on this card. I don't watch K-DOJO so I don't know who this man is, but his name is incredible.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Everything we heard is that Honjo was gone. Hard to nail down exactly why. We heard a few different things and i don't feel comfortable promoting any particular one until we know for a fact that's why.

Didn't seem to be anything awful just not a guy meant for the business.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

packerman120 wrote:That LION'S GATE card is awesome. TAKA getting to stretch Red Shoes' son will be awesome, Kawato is going to sell his ass off, Iwamato and Aoyagi are both awesome. I don't know who Toru Sugiura is, but he's from FREEDOMS, so that's intriguing. The main event will be awesome. And there's a man named DINOSAUR TAKUMA on this card. I don't watch K-DOJO so I don't know who this man is, but his name is incredible.
Dinosaur Takuma is not a man. He's a dinosaur!

(like seriously, his gear has a dinosaur tail)

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Second floor of Ryogoku is almost completely gone, with a few designated seats remaining.

Arena C has plenty left, but floor seats are gone and Arenas A & B are getting there.

The mad lads are gonna sell out Ryogoku, aren't they?
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 am

As of next weekend, NJPW's World Pro-Wrestling TV highlights show in Japan is being moved back an hour to 2am on Sundays and doubled to 60 minutes long, the same length as in their prime but not at 9pm on Friday nights like they had in the '80s and early '90s. A good victory of NJPW, but there's still much improvement to be had.

People have speculated that this is the way the AXS TV is going to become much more current: by showing this show, which is only several weeks behind the current product at most, instead of World Pro-Wrestling Returns, which entirely functions as a retrospective show, it would enable them to do that while keeping with the hour-long format they've been using from the beginning.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Today I realized I'm way more hyped for Shibata/Okada then ANY of the matches WrestleMania Weekend. The only thing that comes close is Joey Janella's show tonight and ACH Vs. Pete Dunne. Not sure why anyone would care...but ya just wanted to say it.

UditSharma

Re: RE: Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by UditSharma » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:22 pm

dancecab wrote:Today I realized I'm way more hyped for Shibata/Okada then ANY of the matches WrestleMania Weekend. The only thing that comes close is Joey Janella's show tonight and ACH Vs. Pete Dunne. Not sure why anyone would care...but ya just wanted to say it.
I am excited for okada and shibata a lot too but bobby lashley vs jeff cobb is going to be awesome too i am hyped for it

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:43 pm

From Meltz, George Carroll announced that all of the New Japan titles will be defended on the Long Beach shows. So they're going for substantially more than Kouraken house show level cards.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:38 pm

So it seems both Long Beach nights completely sold out + sold out meet and greet in two hours?
I didn't expect it to be that crazy.
I only got tickets for Saturday night, was hoping to get both + meet and greet. Might end up selling my Saturday ticket depending on what line up is announced.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:29 pm

So apparently Cody Rhodes announced he is the G1 this year
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97