NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ManuRomero90

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by ManuRomero90 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:55 pm

One unlikely to happen way to Ospreay vs KUSHIDA III at WK would be having Ospreay winning the title during the New Japan/Rev Pro Global Wars shows and do it with KUSHIDA being the challenger instead of Ospreay.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:To me, KUSHIDA/Ospreay is the money match, so how they get there is secondary. Winning the title back from BUSHI would be fine I guess, but the told that story with KUSHIDA last year. Ricochet feels fresh, so I could see that, but a lot of that depends on what Ricochet does contract wise.

Either way, the match will be like 4th or 5th from the top, so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme.
Observer reported last week that he is probably staying with NJPW and it's is possible that he will sign a new deal with LU as well. He is probably not going to WWE anytime soon. If that is the case, why not just push this guy as one of the faces of Junior division?

Also as far as I know all Suzuki has done this year was beating Shiozaki with Kanemaru's involvement in Yokohama, then he put over Nakajima in Korakuen, and ever since that happened all he's been doing is Gotch Piledriving those geeks in 6 or 8 man tags, usually 3-5 match from the top. So it is not like last year. There would be life in NOAH if Suzuki came back to NJPW.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

PKThree wrote:I'm still holding out for the time bomb being Onita. working one last time limit explosion death match in the dome
This would be a very smart business move. I know nothing behind the politics of it though.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Ibushi and Hideo were announced as a team for Dusty Classic. This tells you that chances of Ibushi showing up in New Japan in recent future are.. well, not that big.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Ibushi and Hideo were announced as a team for Dusty Classic. This tells you that chances of Ibushi showing up in New Japan in recent future are.. well, not that big.
I expect Ibushi to not come back before Wrestle Kingdom, personally. Maybe a New Japan Cup comeback, to start an Omega feud but not sooner than that.

pol

Post by pol » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:48 pm

The stuff about NJPW's business in the latest WON is really interesting. The stuff about merchandise sales helps explain the double and triple shot big shows.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:I don't really see why every match has to be either BC/CHAOS or team NJPW/LIJ.

How about this: Omega/Okada, Tana/Naito, Shibata/Suzuki OR Shiozaki, Kushida vs Ricochet, Briscoes vs Goto & Ishii (the best scenario would be G.B.H vs Goto and Ishii, but obviously that is not happening), Bucks and Cole vs Ospreay and RPG Vice for the Trios title, O'Reilly vs Sakuraba for the ROH World Title (idk how, but I want this to happen).

The rest could be GBH and Elgin vs LIJ (or Elgin vs Makabe, since Makabe always gets big matches in the Dome, and him putting over Elgin would be great for Big Mike). Also obviously a NOAH/NJPW and BC/CHAOS tags, because you need to get guys like Fale, Yano or Nagata on the card.
I was going back and reading some replies about the WK card, and it really seems like EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI have no where to fit. What do you all see them doing at the end of the year?

I'm thinking EVIL/SANADA might get lumped into the Tag Title match. They've done 3 way tags for those belts at WK's past, right??

jesse

Post by jesse » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:16 pm

jesse wrote:Kota might pop up at WK but from what I've heard there's no way he's working that show. Not when his WWE status is still up in the air. Don't be shocked and awed when he's working the Osaka show.

And I guess people will only believe the time bomb isn't Suzuki when the time bomb actually explodes.

:)
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 pm

dean3790 wrote:
Rainmaker_F7 wrote:I don't really see why every match has to be either BC/CHAOS or team NJPW/LIJ.

How about this: Omega/Okada, Tana/Naito, Shibata/Suzuki OR Shiozaki, Kushida vs Ricochet, Briscoes vs Goto & Ishii (the best scenario would be G.B.H vs Goto and Ishii, but obviously that is not happening), Bucks and Cole vs Ospreay and RPG Vice for the Trios title, O'Reilly vs Sakuraba for the ROH World Title (idk how, but I want this to happen).

The rest could be GBH and Elgin vs LIJ (or Elgin vs Makabe, since Makabe always gets big matches in the Dome, and him putting over Elgin would be great for Big Mike). Also obviously a NOAH/NJPW and BC/CHAOS tags, because you need to get guys like Fale, Yano or Nagata on the card.
I was going back and reading some replies about the WK card, and it really seems like EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI have no where to fit. What do you all see them doing at the end of the year?

I'm thinking EVIL/SANADA might get lumped into the Tag Title match. They've done 3 way tags for those belts at WK's past, right??
God please no, the 3-4 way match for the Tag Titles would be..not good. Just do 2 on 2. Without G.O.D by the way.

No idea where they fit to be honest. I think Bushi will drop the title to Kushida before WK, and either pareja unmasks and him & Bushi go for the Junior Tag belts, or Bushi will just be a part of a multi man tag or well, Rambo.

EVIL or SANADA may get a singles match, like maybe against Elgin or something like this. If not that, they will most likely be in a 4-6-8 man tag. But I don't really see them doing anything special on Wrestle Kingdom. But I think both of them will be high on the card next year, especially SANADA.

dean3790

Post by dean3790 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:
dean3790 wrote:

God please no, the 3-4 way match for the Tag Titles would be..not good. Just do 2 on 2. Without G.O.D by the way.

No idea where they fit to be honest. I think Bushi will drop the title to Kushida before WK, and either pareja unmasks and him & Bushi go for the Junior Tag belts, or Bushi will just be a part of a multi man tag or well, Rambo.

EVIL or SANADA may get a singles match, like maybe against Elgin or something like this. If not that, they will most likely be in a 4-6-8 man tag. But I don't really see them doing anything special on Wrestle Kingdom. But I think both of them will be high on the card next year, especially SANADA.
Wouldn't throwing EVIL and SANADA into the tag title match be better than just GoD vs. Goto & Ishii? Why not throw the Briscoes or reDRagon in there at that point too? I can't see how that would be worse than just GoD vs. Goto & Ishii, which is the most likely match and is going to be pretty bad. Tama Tonga will at least work hard, but Tanga Loa is probably the worst guy on the roster.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:44 am

Around G1 time I assumed EVIL was going to be challenging Shibata for the NEVER title, but that looks highly unlikely now. I guess the trios title match would probably be the best place to stick EVIL, BUSHI, and SANADA, although if BUSHI keeps the junior title and the Briscoes retain against GOD you could have EVIL and SANADA win the tag league.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:50 am

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:To me, KUSHIDA/Ospreay is the money match, so how they get there is secondary. Winning the title back from BUSHI would be fine I guess, but the told that story with KUSHIDA last year. Ricochet feels fresh, so I could see that, but a lot of that depends on what Ricochet does contract wise.

Either way, the match will be like 4th or 5th from the top, so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme.
Observer reported last week that he is probably staying with NJPW and it's is possible that he will sign a new deal with LU as well. He is probably not going to WWE anytime soon. If that is the case, why not just push this guy as one of the faces of Junior division?

Also as far as I know all Suzuki has done this year was beating Shiozaki with Kanemaru's involvement in Yokohama, then he put over Nakajima in Korakuen, and ever since that happened all he's been doing is Gotch Piledriving those geeks in 6 or 8 man tags, usually 3-5 match from the top. So it is not like last year. There would be life in NOAH if Suzuki came back to NJPW.
People are gonna groan at this, but you could always do KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay vs. Ricochet. The Low Ki/Devitt/Ibushi match from 2013 was great, singles triple threat matches are such a rarity that it would be fresh, and you don't need to do a third KUSHIDA/Ospreay title match - you can use Ospreay's win over Ricochet in BOSJ as an excuse to get there.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:21 am

I still think that it will be KUSHIDA vs. Kamaitachi at the Dome.

rollup

Post by rollup » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:51 pm

With Naito in the Nakamura IC role, does that increase the chances of a Shibata and/or Goto (don't laugh) IWGP heavyweight title reign next year ? This is because i think Kenny is losing the dome main event.

(i know some people are going to say Okada is still the golden boy being protected despite his mild form at the moment and that whoever wins the title off him will lose it back to him in a month or two, but still.. :lol: )

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 pm

From the most recent Destruction show, what is the must watch matches in terms of storyline advancement and quality?