NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ayaashm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 09, 2016 7:35 am

Joe Lanza wrote:They've wanted to do something with him since 2014 but it always falls through. I've heard a few of the outsider names for G1, and his has not been one of them.

I hope whoever outsider enters G1 gets almost as over as Big Mike. I mean, it's a high ceiling but I hope it's like Roddy or someone like him.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 09, 2016 7:39 am

Joe Lanza wrote:They've wanted to do something with him since 2014 but it always falls through. I've heard a few of the outsider names for G1, and his has not been one of them.

Also, what's your take on the main event angle? I've seen a mixed response leaning on the negative side.
Lanza is a geek.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon May 09, 2016 7:43 am

I haven't seen it, so I can't comment.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 09, 2016 1:48 pm

ayaashm wrote:

Also, what's your take on the main event angle? I've seen a mixed response leaning on the negative side.
If you're still into the Bullet Club and a big Adam Cole fan, you'll love it. If you're like me and you've been kinda over the faux nWo Bullet Club deal for about two years now, you probably won't like it. It also doesn't help that I'm very "meh" on Adam Cole too. It did nothing for me but seemed to garner a good reaction live.

Koss

Post by Koss » Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 pm

This reminds me, what happened to Chase Owens?

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Koss wrote:This reminds me, what happened to Chase Owens?
It appears he wrestles a lot in east Tennessee whether it be NWA Smoky Mountain or a local indy. I live in Knoxville and have seen him advertised quite a bit around this area.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon May 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Koss wrote:This reminds me, what happened to Chase Owens?
I think he's mostly a booking casualty of the NWA/NJPW soft split.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
ayaashm wrote:

If you're still into the Bullet Club and a big Adam Cole fan, you'll love it. If you're like me and you've been kinda over the faux nWo Bullet Club deal for about two years now, you probably won't like it. It also doesn't help that I'm very "meh" on Adam Cole too. It did nothing for me but seemed to garner a good reaction live.
Sounds like shit to me, but i'm in the same place as Rich when it comes to the 2016 BC and Cole. Hopefully they get Tanahashi away from this as soon as the program with Omega runs up.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon May 09, 2016 3:37 pm

The Bullet Club is in a weird place in New Japan. The Elite have some genuine juice, but the faction screams heel filler when so many of the members feel so irrelevant. There's probably a mathematical ratio to discover about how many members of a wrestling faction feel vital vs. how many feel like filler before it loses its steam. And you would then factor it over how many original members leave, which causes a heat loss I think even when great substitutes take their spots.

Bullet Club has every issue going against it. It's old, many of its most identifiable members have left and are even forming a Bullet Club soundalike over in WWE, and the ratio of hot members to juiceless filler is awful. I get that it's probably a brand that's still making money for all involved, but I think the Elite need to break away and form something new to make the best of their potential. But maybe Gedo'll have them coast until the LIdJ focus wanes and change feels necessary.

jesse

Post by jesse » Mon May 09, 2016 3:38 pm

It just seems like a ROH angle and not something that a majority of New Japan fans or fans in Japan will care about. People over there have moved on to LIJ. It isn't that Bullet Club don't have their fans but yeah. I have no doubt the ROH fans there were into it but since this is the New Japan thread I say who gives a shit.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
ayaashm wrote:

I am into the cheating heel faction with the ref distraction and stuff but if it happens more than once or twice it takes the entire match/show down a notch. Not to mention when you've got both Los Ingobernables as well as BulletClub/The Elite,the shenanigans kinda get tiresome and repetitive.
Lanza is a geek.

Koss

Post by Koss » Mon May 09, 2016 3:49 pm

As an aside, I bought the mystery £10 t shirt from NJPW Europe and it's a Rainmaker shirt. If anyone's tempted, now you know!

wac

Post by wac » Mon May 09, 2016 4:07 pm

I wasn't expective KUSHIDA vs. O'Reilly on night 1 of the tournament.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 am

Via Meltzer : Adam Cole in Bullet Club was asked for by New Japan. He'll be starting in Japan around August.
Lanza is a geek.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 10, 2016 11:10 am

ayaashm wrote:Via Meltzer : Adam Cole in Bullet Club was asked for by New Japan. He'll be starting in Japan around August.
Seems to infer not the G1 but the G1 Finals.