NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
BackLash
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:39 am

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by BackLash » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 pm

A lot of RoH performers have been added to New Japan's roster this includes War Machine (or links with Japanese kanji of their names for right now) who has yet to appear in the company.

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2173
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:13 pm

cpgoat3 wrote:So I have recently fully emerged myself into NJPW. I started watching last year around WK9 and was a casual fan. This year I have really been using the NJ World account to go back and watch some random classic stuff. Most recently I have been watching everything from 2014 that caught my interest, including the fantastic G1 tournament. Wondering what long time NJPW viewers consider to be the heyday of NJPW for someone to watch?
What style of wrestling do you prefer most? New Japan has had an evolution of styles throughout the years so it's hard to say exactly which period you should walk. If you haven't already, please do check out SenorLARIATO's NJPW World viewing guide: https://t.co/a5L0Ox64Eg. He puts all the matches into categories of recommended, highly recommended, etc. I would start by maybe checking out the highly recommended and seeing who/what type of matches really pump you up and going from there.

User avatar
DXvsNWO
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 pm

A general note related to Kota Ibushi: Pro-Wrestling Tees will be retiring their NJPW Kota Ibushi T-Shirts in the next 24 Hours.
Image

cpgoat3
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:30 am

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by cpgoat3 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
cpgoat3 wrote:So I have recently fully emerged myself into NJPW. I started watching last year around WK9 and was a casual fan. This year I have really been using the NJ World account to go back and watch some random classic stuff. Most recently I have been watching everything from 2014 that caught my interest, including the fantastic G1 tournament. Wondering what long time NJPW viewers consider to be the heyday of NJPW for someone to watch?
What style of wrestling do you prefer most? New Japan has had an evolution of styles throughout the years so it's hard to say exactly which period you should walk. If you haven't already, please do check out SenorLARIATO's NJPW World viewing guide: https://t.co/a5L0Ox64Eg. He puts all the matches into categories of recommended, highly recommended, etc. I would start by maybe checking out the highly recommended and seeing who/what type of matches really pump you up and going from there.

Oh yes I have had that bookmark for quite some time. I use it for random viewing choices, but want a deeper idea of what to go with. I don't really define myself by one type of wrestling preference. I enjoy the technical stuff probably the most. However high-flying and strong style are also highly entertaining.Shibata, Tana, Ishii, Okada, Naka AND Suzuki would be the Japanese guys I enjoy most. Also love old Vader, Dragon and Liger stuff.

User avatar
Morten VH
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Morten VH » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:A general note related to Kota Ibushi: Pro-Wrestling Tees will be retiring their NJPW Kota Ibushi T-Shirts in the next 24 Hours.
What was the reason behind this?

User avatar
thecubsfan
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by thecubsfan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:54 pm

His NJPW contract expired at the end of February, so PWT wouldn't have the rights to those any more.

User avatar
PKThree
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Cold frozen north

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by PKThree » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Morten VH wrote: What was the reason behind this?
Because he isn't under contract to NJPW anymore so there's no reason for them to carry any of his merchandise?

User avatar
Dragonzombie
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:29 pm

cpgoat3 wrote:So I have recently fully emerged myself into NJPW. I started watching last year around WK9 and was a casual fan. This year I have really been using the NJ World account to go back and watch some random classic stuff. Most recently I have been watching everything from 2014 that caught my interest, including the fantastic G1 tournament. Wondering what long time NJPW viewers consider to be the heyday of NJPW for someone to watch?


90s Njpw, for the influence it shaped wrestling. The yukes era for the progression of Njpw style into today style.

User avatar
Tigerkinney
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:58 am
Location: Ashford, England

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Tigerkinney » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:40 am

Dragonzombie wrote:
cpgoat3 wrote: 90s Njpw, for the influence it shaped wrestling. The yukes era for the progression of Njpw style into today style.
I seem to recall that when the Bushiroad take over happened, it was met with some trepidation, as under Yukes New Japan had done a decent job of turning themselves around, after they almost imploded due to Inokiism going too far in the early 2000s. Thankfully though Bushiroad didn't decide that they needed to re-invent the wheel and just built upon the foundations set down by the Yukes era.

User avatar
Goat
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Goat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:22 am

I think the fear with Bushiroad was that all we knew about Kidani was that creepy picture of him kissing a doll, and Meltzer reporting that Okada was winning the title in the Observer a week or two out from the Rainmaker Shock when every was super down on Okada following that Yoshi-Hashi match which people thought was Bushiroad fucking with the booking.

User avatar
PKThree
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Cold frozen north

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by PKThree » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 am

Shibata is officially New Japan now. Party over here.

User avatar
Chismo
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 am
Location: RED DWARF
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Chismo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:29 am

Okada to get new rival, finally.

User avatar
themib
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by themib » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Will Ospreay is the new member of CHAOS, and will challenge KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr. Heavy Title at Sumo Hall. That should be really great.

User avatar
mrjoshdude
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by mrjoshdude » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Anybody know how long Shibata's new contract is for?

User avatar
sternness
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by sternness » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:59 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:Anybody know how long Shibata's new contract is for?
One year.

Post Reply