King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Dragonzombie

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:19 pm

So who's winning the Royal Road 2018?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:31 am

I'm thinking Jake Lee, Joe Doering or Kento Miyahara. Everyone else isn't in the right position to make a run of it, I think.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

If Jake is winning, he will lose to Zeus for the Triple Crown title shot.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm oddly fine with Jake losing to a "fresher" star like Zeus than I am to Uncle Jun.

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:31 am

looks like uncle jun will be out for some time with elbow injury

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Zeus vowed to be a long run champion.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:05 am

Noticed on the All Japan site they're now advertising for new trainees, but under 175cm. A few months ago they had the same announcement but for guys over 175cm. Hopefully Aoki found some beef to get into the dojo, the three trainees they have now all look like juniors. Not that they are not needed, plus if they can turn out to be half as good as Yusuke, Uncle Jun will be satisfied.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Increasing the junior roster eventually.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Always next year for Lee, he turns 30 soon which will give him seniority to pull.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Kento didn't draw so well at Hakata with Jake on top. Makes me wonder if Jake for some reason just isn't connecting. Sweeper as a whole sure feels like it's treading water.

Surprised Kengo Mashimo got the win over Joe Doering. Guess that settles it for Kento at this point, given they need a big match against Zeus and Kengo going over Zeus and then Kento would be a massive stretch, even for a year where outsiders have won the first two tournaments of the year. I mean, I love Yuji Hino, but there's a big show coming up and I don't think he stacks the fans in that well. Zeu's first run being a two or three month run with three title defenses isn't the best thing, but as a first run it isn't the worst.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Carbell Ito recently hit up the dojo and put some pictures on his twitter. Looks like the three regular boys are there with Jun, plus a fourth dude who im not sure if he is a new trainee or if he is with Ito, but he's taller than Jun.

Can we assume we get tag league teams at Korkauen on 10/10 or do we wait until the Yokohama show for the reveal?

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:23 pm

So does KAI get the triple crown match now against Kento on 1/3? Gotta assume

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 am

Any update on Joe Doering getting pissed off at The End and burying them in the post match promo?

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:14 pm

Looks like Shuji Ishikawa announced that he would be a fulltime member of All Japan going forward at the Korakuen Hall show today.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Not surprising or anything but good on AJPW for starting off with two more top to bottom good shows in 2019. The junior title match is basically already a lock for the most underrated match of the year (I actually would peg it as a low end MOTYC), the TC match was great with KAI once again showing up in a big spot (how many times does he have to do that before people admit he's good?), all of the title matches delivered on some level, and even the undercard stuff was very worth watching. Whether is was Fuchi comedy stuff or the trios matches or even the battle royal, everything served it's purpose and nothing felt wasted. I think last year AJPW really transitioned from a good promotion with great main event stuff to a great top to bottom promotion, and 2019 could be the year they really catch fire. Will be interesting to see where business goes, considering most of the buzz for attendance this week looks to be at how well BJW drew yesterday.