King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Dragonzombie

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 am

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Big Guns forever! We've got new champs!

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 pm
Big Guns forever! We've got new champs!
Didn't expect Zeus to win but nice.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:53 pm

The interaction between Jake Lee and Jun Akiyama was awesome on the 8/26 show, but it looked like Jake had serious boo-boo face when he came out, and the match ended with Akiyama basically knocking him out. Anybody else feel like Jake Lee had a lot of momentum coming back and they've blown it a bit with him? I'd love to see a singles match between him and Akiyama and have him pick up a win.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 pm

obliterati wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:53 pm
The interaction between Jake Lee and Jun Akiyama was awesome on the 8/26 show, but it looked like Jake had serious boo-boo face when he came out, and the match ended with Akiyama basically knocking him out. Anybody else feel like Jake Lee had a lot of momentum coming back and they've blown it a bit with him? I'd love to see a singles match between him and Akiyama and have him pick up a win.
They're gonna face each other on the first round of the Oudou.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Makes more sense now. Still thought Jake looked pissy coming out. Is Jun Akiyama also the kayfabe head of AJPW and he's storyline pissed about a lack of opportunities? I know he usually looks like he's sucking a lemon but I didn't read disdain, I read annoyance. Anyway they kicked the shit out of each other and I'm excited about their match,

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm

At some point Lee needs to be elevated. Might be facing Akiyama in Oudou, but him beating Akiyama twice wouldn't have dented Akiyama that much.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Don't worry about Jake Lee, Jun's a big fan of him in real life. But Jake's limited years of experience might delay his push.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:41 am

Yeah, I just suffer from the Western mentality of wanting to see everyone I like get a push. I need to take in the Big Guns double run and focus on that.

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Where is everybody getting their All Japan news at ? Puroresu Mission and Puroresu Spirit have both shut down. i'm not a Twitter guy.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:34 pm

kingpin26 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm
Where is everybody getting their All Japan news at ? Puroresu Mission and Puroresu Spirit have both shut down. i'm not a Twitter guy.
I listen to Burning Spirits, Strigga, VOW Flagship and Wrestling Omakase whenever they do AJPW stuff. This thread can be useful for asking questions. There's a very small AJPW subreddit on Reddit. Cagematch is always around, as is Purolove. A few dead forums are around. And just watching AJPW can impart a lot of stuff.

Though I do think there's a certain market for a podcast to focus on AJPW, NOAH, WRESTLE-1 and Z-1.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Japanese news sites and blogs and people from Japan. It's more accurate.

But I don't always report everything.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:20 am

Zeus/Ishikawa was slightly disappointing. Finish felt abrupt. Dead crowd in a big empty building that ate up sound didn't help. Brainbuster off the apron to the floor was the highlight.

The rest of the show was kind of dull, but again the poor attendance in a large building hurt the atmosphere a lot. Was surprised to see Hino beat Kento, but I shouldnt have been.

Junior Tag Battle of Glory was undewhelming. I thought Mochizuki/Skywalker and Kondo/Suzuki were the best teams but far. Pretty dry tour overall.

avengers23

Post by avengers23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I was a little disappointed that Hino vs. Miyahara and Zeus vs. Ishikawa weren't covered in Bouncin' 'Round Japan on the last flagship, but given that there wasn't enough time, it was fine, especially since the matches weren't killers like I was hoping that they would be.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:22 pm

avengers23 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm
I was a little disappointed that Hino vs. Miyahara and Zeus vs. Ishikawa weren't covered in Bouncin' 'Round Japan on the last flagship, but given that there wasn't enough time, it was fine, especially since the matches weren't killers like I was hoping that they would be.
I hadn't watched the show before we recorded, and I don't think Rich watched it at all. Maybe this week, although it's a bit of old news at this point. We'll see.