King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
WalkKingsRoad

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:33 am

Yeah can't recall 100% exactly when he was hurt last year, June? July? and ACL knee injuries usually take 9-12 months, but him being in the back is a good sign.

I also agree with seeing a Zeus run with the All Asia Heavyweight strap at some point.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Yeah can't recall 100% exactly when he was hurt last year, June? July? and ACL knee injuries usually take 9-12 months, but him being in the back is a good sign.

I also agree with seeing a Zeus run with the All Asia Heavyweight strap at some point.
early August if I remember things right.

UK's Josh Bodom will debut at the Saitama show. He takes on Iwamoto

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Given that they will now be headlining the Hagure IGF show on April 4th, and that this won't be a one-time pairing, I'm suddenly rooting hard for Fujita/Kashin/Rongai on this show. In fact, I'm hoping that they just start invading promotions and snatching up trios titles like a scummy whirlwind, just to annoy people (except for STARDOM--please leave Queen's Quest alone). Plus, when they lose, Evolution will have an out, since they're not exactly a fluid unit at the moment (in storyline).

pol

Post by pol » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 am

I'm curious if the All Asia Heavyweight title is eventually intended to become a midcard singles title for AJPW or if they just brought it back as a favour to Sai for whatever reason. He must do a lot for them because they booked a ton of his trainees on the Saitama show too. I assume he was responsible for bringing in Dylan James at least.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:06 pm

They've already got the GAORA belt for that, haven't they? The All-Asia title was available and it has some Korean history in it, so I guess they figured why not since they're on good terms with Sai and his promotion isn't exactly a threat in Japan.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Josh Bodom vs Koji Iwamoto was announced for 3/25 show.

For those not aware of Bodom's work in the UK, he's been an up-and-coming jr heavy heel in RevPro for a while. One of the most technically sound guys on their roster as well as a great heel. He got genuine heat from me the one time I saw him live. He's had some great matches but I think his best qualities aren't really that he has awesome matches, it's his crispness and his character work. When I heard this piece of news, I had to simultaneously be like "Good for him but fuck that guy".

Andy Q of RevPro once revealed he's had 'disciplinary issues' with Bodom which has hindered his chances somewhat. Unsure if that's what stopped him from getting booked in NJPW, who RevPro obviously have a relationship with. Still, I think Bodom is a good addition to the AJPW jr ranks.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:17 pm

It's very TNA to announce that the Triple Crown will be defended at a Border City Wrestling show they are recording only to suddenly retract that it was a TC defence.

Did they not ask AJPW if Moose vs Joe could be a title match?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:11 pm

PKThree wrote:It's very TNA to announce that the Triple Crown will be defended at a Border City Wrestling show they are recording only to suddenly retract that it was a TC defence. Did they not ask AJPW if Moose vs Joe could be a title match?
Probably had guaranteed Joe Doering would be going over and figured they could put the title on it to draw a few more fans. ROH got into the same trouble with NJPW once or twice.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Danwaka wrote:
PKThree wrote:It's very TNA to announce that the Triple Crown will be defended at a Border City Wrestling show they are recording only to suddenly retract that it was a TC defence. Did they not ask AJPW if Moose vs Joe could be a title match?
Probably had guaranteed Joe Doering would be going over and figured they could put the title on it to draw a few more fans. ROH got into the same trouble with NJPW once or twice.
Didn't TNA put one of the tag belts on their own talents during a TV taping back when they worked with NJPW? I seem to remember that

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 pm

PKThree wrote:
Danwaka wrote:
Didn't TNA put one of the tag belts on their own talents during a TV taping back when they worked with NJPW? I seem to remember that
I want to say it was when Team 3D lost to the British Invasion. NJPW was mad and didn't recognize the change for a while.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
PKThree wrote:
Danwaka wrote: Probably had guaranteed Joe Doering would be going over and figured they could put the title on it to draw a few more fans. ROH got into the same trouble with NJPW once or twice.
I want to say it was when Team 3D lost to the British Invasion. NJPW was mad and didn't recognize the change for a while.
Got it in one. NJPW was booking Team 3D for their shows and TNA just went and fucked with their booking. I don't know if someone in NJPW didn't tell them they couldn't book title changes or if TNA just didn't care, but it was one of many nails in the coffin.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 am

Very cool to see another gaijin in the mix, Bodom looks very technical with good strikes and kicks, and has some history working with NJPW talent on RevPro shows. Him vs Iwamoto should be a banger. Good looking Saitama show in my opinion, good hype for the carnival.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 am

Danwaka wrote:They've already got the GAORA belt for that, haven't they? The All-Asia title was available and it has some Korean history in it, so I guess they figured why not since they're on good terms with Sai and his promotion isn't exactly a threat in Japan.
Whatever happens with the All Asia Hw title remains to be seen. But the belt is controlled by PWF and owned by AJP says the guy who made it.

The Tv title at this point is the Open-weight but now gimmick match belt. It's mostly for low tier guys and Juniors and older Heavies and new rookies.

pol

Post by pol » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 pm

There's really no point to the GAORA belt other than I guess GAORA wants it to continue existing.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:
Danwaka wrote:They've already got the GAORA belt for that, haven't they? The All-Asia title was available and it has some Korean history in it, so I guess they figured why not since they're on good terms with Sai and his promotion isn't exactly a threat in Japan.
Whatever happens with the All Asia Hw title remains to be seen. But the belt is controlled by PWF and owned by AJP says the guy who made it.
This basically confirms Land's End as basically being a satellite fed for AJPW now