King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Jagger27

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Jagger27 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with their AJPW TV login? I have apparently forgotten my password (because i'm a dope) and the answers to my secret questions aren't working either. I have emailed AJPW on both the tv and normal website but have had no answer.
@mikedaysley

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:23 pm

Violent Giants won the World Tag Titles today. Why did they even have to lose them in the first place?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Leo C wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:23 pm
Violent Giants won the World Tag Titles today. Why did they even have to lose them in the first place?
Shuji Ishikawa is a freelancer and has commitments elsewhere he wants to uphold? So really, the question is: Jun Akiyama, when will you sign this man away from everywhere else? :evil:

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:40 pm
Leo C wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:23 pm
Shuji Ishikawa is a freelancer and has commitments elsewhere he wants to uphold? So really, the question is: Jun Akiyama, when will you sign this man away from everywhere else? :evil:
He did miss the 25/3 Saitama show, but I think that was the only one, I believe. They didn't really need a World Tag defense on that show, especially when they could've used the excuse that Suwama was too busy fighting IGF Hagure. Maybe they wanted to establish various contenders with all that hotshotting but it came off poorly considering the division was cursed with injuries in 2017.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:14 am

Maybe that was the case. This show today in Sapporo has been very fun so far.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:56 am

what happened to the Fujita angle ? they dropped it again ?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am

It's getting a bit mixed, IIRC. Zeus has a singles match sometime with Fujita tentatively scheduled, but Akiyama's also spouted off at him once or twice.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am
It's getting a bit mixed, IIRC. Zeus has a singles match sometime with Fujita tentatively scheduled, but Akiyama's also spouted off at him once or twice.
Seems like they're setting up multiple feuds to see which appeals to Fujita the most--he's gonna have to job to *somebody* to make this worthwhile, unless he's doing Champion Carnival next year and you're just warming him up.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:08 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:46 pm
Danwaka wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am
Seems like they're setting up multiple feuds to see which appeals to Fujita the most--he's gonna have to job to *somebody* to make this worthwhile, unless he's doing Champion Carnival next year and you're just warming him up.
I want him to job to Zeus so bad. That dude needs some fresh scalps.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Tajiri and his new gaijin big man are next to face violence giants.

Hotshotting tag belts is being done to make everyone look so powerful when they switch. While Kai and Tajiri are too small to get the belts combined. Similar to how Marufuji can win the CC but not the Triple Crown. They're enforcing big>>small unlike modern NJPW.

As for Fujita, the IGF faction stuff is dropped (IGF angles always get dropped, for example..see the aborted Gedo booked NJPW vs IGF angle from years ago where Nakamura was intended or supposed to bring over the first IWGP title design back).

I don't expect Fujita to lose, he protects his brand wrestling wise. The only thing you might get is fuck finishes wins.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:54 pm

The foreigner that Tajiri is teasing bringing in is named Gianni Valletta and hails from the island of Malta. He has mainly worked for promotions in Malta, Italy and the United Kingdom until now.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Valletta? Dude better be bringing in a Knights Hospitaller gimmick or I don't have time for his shenanigans.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Aoki defends the junior belt against Iwamoto on July 15 in Korakuen alongside the Akiyama vs Tajiri match for the GAORA belt. Valletta also debuts on this show.

Valletta and Tajiri then challenge Suwama and Shuji for the tag belts in Fukouka on July 22.

The big Edion show is on the 29th so do AJPW have some bigger matches for those belts up their sleeves then?

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:16 pm

PKThree wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm
Aoki defends the junior belt against Iwamoto on July 15 in Korakuen alongside the Akiyama vs Tajiri match for the GAORA belt. Valletta also debuts on this show.

Valletta and Tajiri then challenge Suwama and Shuji for the tag belts in Fukouka on July 22.

The big Edion show is on the 29th so do AJPW have some bigger matches for those belts up their sleeves then?
I should hope they have something bigger than TAJIRI and this Valletta guy to challenge in Osaka. :lol: No idea who it could be, though. I would've guessed Nomura and Aoyagi but they just did that match during the Hokkaido tour and Violent Giants already beat them clean. Maybe Lee and James team up while Sai defends the AA Heavy title? That would be my guess.

Akiyama and Nagata should probably defend at EDION too, I would assume against Aoyagi and Nomura again. I can see TAJIRI finally dethroning Akiyama as TV Champ and having a title match there but I wouldn't put money on that.

I hope Iwamoto wins the Jr. title, if so, maybe they'll just do a rematch in Osaka. I guess Shuji Kondo could also be an interesting challenger for Koji, I don't know.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Was it ever said why Josh Bodom left AJPW because it looked like he was getting a junior heavyweight title shot but then he left. I know he apparently has a bad reputation so i don't if that played a part
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97