King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Danwaka » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm surprised GAORA hasn't moved their TV title around to some of the other promotions they show on their network like a touring title. Aren't they close to Dragon Gate? And isn't the !Bang! TV Championship the goofballs and undercarder title?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Danwaka wrote:I'm surprised GAORA hasn't moved their TV title around to some of the other promotions they show on their network like a touring title. Aren't they close to Dragon Gate? And isn't the !Bang! TV Championship the goofballs and undercarder title?
The Gaora title is the AJPW Gaora title. Not just a pure Gaora title. It is basically a AJPW title sponsored by Gaora.

The Bang tv title is the main belt in Dory Funk's little fed in Florida so it is not around regularly.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Seen on twitter that Dylan James thanked All Japan and Land's End for bringing him back in to Japan, so gotta agree with Land's End being a satellite fed for AJPW. I'm all for it, especially some All Asia Heavy title matches. Toshiki Iwaki is a guy id love to see brought back as well from Land's End.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:29 pm

I've seen both 3/3 and 3/7 thrown around as dates that the All Japan streaming service would launch. The website says "Details will be announced as soon as it is decided at any time." Anybody know the actual date? Is it up already? Theirs is not the easiest site for a non-Japanese speaker to navigate.

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:36 pm

obliterati wrote:I've seen both 3/3 and 3/7 thrown around as dates that the All Japan streaming service would launch. The website says "Details will be announced as soon as it is decided at any time." Anybody know the actual date? Is it up already? Theirs is not the easiest site for a non-Japanese speaker to navigate.
As-of now there's no official date. Literally the only two details known is that they want to launch it some time this month, and they're promising live broadcasts.

I expect some info announced at the Korakuen in two weeks.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:28 am

Kazuki Ebina will have his Debut Match at Sendai Sun Plaza Hall (April 7th) at the first day of the Champions Carnival. He will face Aoki in a Singles Match.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm

On twitter they list him as Kazunori Ebina. Weird how translation differs

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:33 pm

So that will be 15 total wrestlers on the roster soon. The new guy wants to be like mini Kobashi.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:39 am

Excited for Ebina to see what he can do. Yusuke has been tremendous so far but he's had a nice story going with his rivalry with Keiichi to help his growth. But still have plenty of faith in what Aoki and the boys have been teaching him.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 am

Haven't watched much of the junior tournament but checking out the 2.25 finals, Sato vs Kotaro was pretty good. Who's this ringside guy in the glasses, trainee? Don't think I have seen him before

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Haven't watched much of the junior tournament but checking out the 2.25 finals, Sato vs Kotaro was pretty good. Who's this ringside guy in the glasses, trainee? Don't think I have seen him before
You're probably thinking of glasses ref

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:39 am

PKThree wrote:
WalkKingsRoad wrote:Haven't watched much of the junior tournament but checking out the 2.25 finals, Sato vs Kotaro was pretty good. Who's this ringside guy in the glasses, trainee? Don't think I have seen him before
Yes that's it. Thanks, completely makes sense.

Anyone thinking Kondo wins the belt in Saitama or does Aoki get his win back from the tournament. Could be a major show where every title is retained as I don't really see anyone becoming a new champion, but who knows with the quick title change tag booking we've seen.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 am

WalkKingsRoad wrote:
PKThree wrote:

Anyone thinking Kondo wins the belt in Saitama or does Aoki get his win back from the tournament. Could be a major show where every title is retained as I don't really see anyone becoming a new champion, but who knows with the quick title change tag booking we've seen.
I know Sai wants to bring the world tag titles to land's end. And the world tags are always now switching to new teams instead of doing defenses.

Kondo might win, they are pushing older juniors with the jr title for some while.

I dunno about the Triple Crown.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:31 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:
PKThree wrote:

I think Kondo winning is the right move. Granted it's another quick title switch, but I would love to see him run through everybody as Iwamoto builds himself back up and eventually is the one to beat Kondo for the belt and defend All Japan's Jr division honor, becoming the new Jr ace in the process.

Any other title changes I wouldn't be a fan of, even though I don't think they're happening. Only one I could see would be Kento winning the belt, which would just be kinda lame.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm 100% in for a Kondo win if that means a build up for Iwamoto, the guy rules. How long would a Kondo run last then in order to build proper, few months and a couple defenses? I could see Koji challenging at Osaka in July.

Kento winning isn't the right time, he might as well have a Carnival title under his belt before he wins it back. I do see Dylan James and Ryouji Sai as legit contenders but don't think they are quite believable as tag champs right now, but some big wins the Carnival could change that