King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
EvilJason

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by EvilJason » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Only watched the Feb 3rd show last night. Ishikawa and Suwama are such a beast team and Kento/Tatsu are the perfect opponents to garner heat on/draw sympathy from the crowd. It's old news but it never fails to impress me at how good Miyahara is, best ace in the business.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Yusuke Okada debuted his new Evolution look today as well as picking up his first ever singles win against Keichii Sato

They grow up so fast

pol

Post by pol » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 am

Looking at the lineups a Kento vs. Marufuji final seems likely.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 am

The 4.25 show I can see Zeus, Suwama and Marufuji all needing to win that night to win Block B, then the 4.29 show looks like Ishikawa, Takagi, Doering, Miyahara and Hino all needing a win to win Block A, with Ishikawa facing Takagi and Miyahara facing Hino. Miyahara vs Marufuji seems most likely too me as well.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Hikaru Sato has agreed to rejoin Evolution today after a singles match with Suwama. Hikaru is back in the faction to fight the rogue IGF army led by Fujita

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 am

PKThree wrote:Hikaru Sato has agreed to rejoin Evolution today after a singles match with Suwama. Hikaru is back in the faction to fight the rogue IGF army led by Fujita
Why did he even leave in the first place? The Evolution split was kinda all over the place. Aoki never left, is that correct?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Leo C wrote:
PKThree wrote:Hikaru Sato has agreed to rejoin Evolution today after a singles match with Suwama. Hikaru is back in the faction to fight the rogue IGF army led by Fujita
Why did he even leave in the first place? The Evolution split was kinda all over the place. Aoki never left, is that correct?
Hikaru lost both his titles in quick succession, thought he needed a change to get back on his feet because his Evolution run hasn't been very rewarding.

I think they've done a good job making this a sort of uneasy partnership. Either Hikaru is setting up for a heel turn against Suwama or he defends AJPW and gets his Evolution/Suwama partnership gets some closure. I really don't like Hikaru in-ring but his character moments are done well. I can't not be intrigued by this stuff, or back last year when he was dual-champ and defending both all the time going so far as to say he wants to defend All Asia and Jr Titles in one night in Ryogoku. I dig stuff like that.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
Leo C wrote:
Hikaru lost both his titles in quick succession, thought he needed a change to get back on his feet because his Evolution run hasn't been very rewarding.

I think they've done a good job making this a sort of uneasy partnership. Either Hikaru is setting up for a heel turn against Suwama or he defends AJPW and gets his Evolution/Suwama partnership gets some closure. I really don't like Hikaru in-ring but his character moments are done well. I can't not be intrigued by this stuff, or back last year when he was dual-champ and defending both all the time going so far as to say he wants to defend All Asia and Jr Titles in one night in Ryogoku. I dig stuff like that.
Ah, I didn't know that. I just noticed that he stopped wearing blue tights. That's a good story.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Black Tiger and Omori might team up to face Jun and Nagata.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:Black Tiger and Omori might team up to face Jun and Nagata.
Nosawa thinking everyone buys him and Tiger being different people is lowkey funny

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 am

Think I'm guessing a Shuji Kondo v Koji Iwamoto junior finals, Kondo win and challenge in Saitama or Korakuen, he did beat Aoki in round robin action already too I suppose also.

Well, nevermind, I'm gonna go all in on Iwamoto, back to back!

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:02 pm

845 fans in attendance for the jr league final today in Osaka.

The Big Guns won the tag belts from YoshiKen. And Ryoji Sai seems to be their first challenger. He will team with Dylan James.

Kondo won the Jr league and has laid down the challenge for the junior belt in Saitama.

Akiyama and Nagata will defend their Asia tag titles against Omori and Nakanishi at Saitama in a peak dad match

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm

AJP will have a show at Edion Arena Osaka, first stadium. On July 29.

There's a possible chance Sai and James might beat Zeus and The Bodyguard, the world tag belts have been changing hands at every defense recently.

I'm looking forward to Kondo vs Aoki.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Do we see the return of Jake Lee on July 29 at the Edion Osaka show?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 am

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Do we see the return of Jake Lee on July 29 at the Edion Osaka show?
I don't know when he will be back in the ring. But he is in the back.

Anyway Sai vs Nomura for the All Asia Heavyweight title. Not sure if Nomura will win, more likely Zeus eventually.