King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
WalkKingsRoad

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 am

C'mon motherfucker show me power! All hail Joe, can only anticipate a Joe/Kento match when my carnival champ guess Miyahara challenges

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:06 am

Also really dug the continuing subtle low key story of Keiichi and Yusuke. Already looking forward to the Yokohama show in Feb.

pol

Post by pol » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am

I suspect Kento/Joe is probably the match for the Saitama show

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 pm

pol wrote:I suspect Kento/Joe is probably the match for the Saitama show
That's a good call too, Yoshiken lose tag title shot, as I see Suwama and Shuji having a pretty good run here. Kento challenging for a pretty good sized arena in March makes sense.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm

isn't Shuji working for DDT Judgement ? wonder if that means he will skip the Saitama super show

KevinInCalgary

Post by KevinInCalgary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Haven’t had time to watch any shows in 2017. Is there a consensus show of year? Generally heard good things and looking forward to diving in

pol

Post by pol » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:05 pm

rollup wrote:isn't Shuji working for DDT Judgement ? wonder if that means he will skip the Saitama super show
Yes. He could potentially make the semi-main for AJPW if he's booked very early on the DDT show, but I don't know how likely that is...

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 pm

KevinInCalgary wrote:Haven’t had time to watch any shows in 2017. Is there a consensus show of year? Generally heard good things and looking forward to diving in
Don't think there's a consensus show of the year but the two front runners for me were the first day of the Champion Carnival (16/04/17) and the finals of the Tag League (12/12/17). The big Sumo Hall show is also fun but it's really long and doesn't have a consistent quality to it. You may be best skimming the year for matches you're interested in. I'd say you're probably best off just watching every Triple Crown defence last year. Literally every single one was good except maybe Joe/Yoshitatsu. The Shuji/Kento matches are incredible, the Kento/Suwama match is probably AJPW MOTY, and there are ones here and there that don't get as much hype like Shuji/Jake and Kento/Bodyguard that were also excellent. Depends what you're after really.

KevinInCalgary

Post by KevinInCalgary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:
KevinInCalgary wrote:Haven’t had time to watch any shows in 2017. Is there a consensus show of year? Generally heard good things and looking forward to diving in
Don't think there's a consensus show of the year but the two front runners for me were the first day of the Champion Carnival (16/04/17) and the finals of the Tag League (12/12/17). The big Sumo Hall show is also fun but it's really long and doesn't have a consistent quality to it. You may be best skimming the year for matches you're interested in. I'd say you're probably best off just watching every Triple Crown defence last year. Literally every single one was good except maybe Joe/Yoshitatsu. The Shuji/Kento matches are incredible, the Kento/Suwama match is probably AJPW MOTY, and there are ones here and there that don't get as much hype like Shuji/Jake and Kento/Bodyguard that were also excellent. Depends what you're after really.
Thanks for suggestions. Will start with the Triple Crown and looks like a lot of those shows have Tag or Junior title matches so will give those a watch. Appreciate the reply

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Joe vs Zeus was fantastic. Some of these hoss fights/brawl-style matches really lose steam if they go 20 minutes, but this was far from what happened. Crowd was with them the entire time. Joe hit some of the hardest chops in a long time, great show of power from Zeus on all those Suplexes, some awesome Lariats too... Zeus was awesome working from underneath as the smaller powerhouse and Joe was just a destroyer. THIS is the Joe Doering we need as TC Champion. I'll never forget the High Kick/Lariat/Jackhammer nearfall. This is the type of wrestling I love, just two hosses going at it hard.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Kento declared he will regain the top spot of primary Ace.

Yusuke Okada wants to join evolution.

Suwama and Aoki are the only full time members. The others like Super Tiger and Rey are part of it. But as might as well ignore those last two. As for Aoki wearing masks, he wears the mask for no real big reason. He just liked masked guys growing up.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:14 pm

The full card for Yokohama on 2/3 is out

() Zeus, The Bodyguard & Yutaka Yoshie vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ryoji Sai & Black Tiger VII
() Masanobu Fuchi & SUSHI vs. Ultimo Dragon & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi
() The Road to Jr. BATTLE OF GLORY Special 8 Man Tag Match: Koji Iwamoto, Kotaro Suzuki, Hikaru Sato & Yohei Nakajima vs. Atsushi Maruyama, Yusuke Okada, Shuji Kondo & Keiichi Sato

() Asia Tag Championship Match: [103rd Champions] Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi vs. [Challengers] Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata
~ 5th title defense.

() World Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [46th Champion] TAJIRI vs. [Challenger] Atsushi Aoki
~ 4th title defense.

() World Tag Championship Match: [78th Champions] Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa vs. [Challengers] Kento Miyahara & Yoshitatsu
~ 1st title defense.

() Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: [59th Champion] Joe Doering vs. [Challenger] KAI
~ 3rd title defense.

Greghundred

Post by Greghundred » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm

The 1/3 main event was ideal pro wrestling for me. Dudes just clubberin each other.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 pm

kendo Kashin and Kazuyuki Fujita are set to invade AJP. Unless plans change.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:kendo Kashin and Kazuyuki Fujita are set to invade AJP. Unless plans change.
That's both exciting and dreadful at the same time