King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
WalkKingsRoad
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 am

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:24 am

Announced at the Korakuen show, 2018 junior league looks pretty solid including the return of Shuji Kondo!

User avatar
Danwaka
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Location: Amman, Jordan

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Danwaka » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:39 am

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Shit forgot to add, instead of Coffey wishful thinking...gotta think Taiyo Kea is in
You also forgot Yoshitatsu, WKR. SMH.

User avatar
PKThree
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Cold frozen north

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 am

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Gonna be interesting to see the names announced for the Carnival, with no Jake Lee or Kengo Mashimo being able to participate (at least I think Mashimo will still be out).

Last Year: Ishikawa, Hashimoto, Sekimoto, Lee, Doering, KAI, Mashimo, Nomura, Miyahara, Sai, Suwama, Omori, Bodyguard & Zeus, with 11 dates that had matches plus final...more dates for 2018 so I'm guessing at least 2 more additions to make it 16 wrestlers

2018 Guesses, AJPW talent (Suwama, Miyahara, KAI, Doering, Nomura, Sai, Zeus, Bodyguard, Omori, Aoyagi), then Ishikiawa, Hashimoto, Kamitani and Sekimoto from BJW then id guess Manabu Soya and just as a crazy gaijin fantasy, Joe Coffey from Scotland
Danny Jones is also a possibility. AJPW are working on bringing him back in 2018 according to a podcast he did with Flash Morgan Webster (another UK wrestler) but he doesn't want to reveal what dates they have agreed on since it is all pending getting a visa and plane tickets and he doesn't want to jinx it.

User avatar
Kardo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Kardo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 am

Joe Doering and Zeus tore the house down today. TAJIRI vs Kotaru Suzuki was also really good.

User avatar
stienerontheforklift
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by stienerontheforklift » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:52 pm

PKThree wrote:
WalkKingsRoad wrote:Gonna be interesting to see the names announced for the Carnival, with no Jake Lee or Kengo Mashimo being able to participate (at least I think Mashimo will still be out).

Last Year: Ishikawa, Hashimoto, Sekimoto, Lee, Doering, KAI, Mashimo, Nomura, Miyahara, Sai, Suwama, Omori, Bodyguard & Zeus, with 11 dates that had matches plus final...more dates for 2018 so I'm guessing at least 2 more additions to make it 16 wrestlers

2018 Guesses, AJPW talent (Suwama, Miyahara, KAI, Doering, Nomura, Sai, Zeus, Bodyguard, Omori, Aoyagi), then Ishikiawa, Hashimoto, Kamitani and Sekimoto from BJW then id guess Manabu Soya and just as a crazy gaijin fantasy, Joe Coffey from Scotland
Danny Jones is also a possibility. AJPW are working on bringing him back in 2018 according to a podcast he did with Flash Morgan Webster (another UK wrestler) but he doesn't want to reveal what dates they have agreed on since it is all pending getting a visa and plane tickets and he doesn't want to jinx it.
Wasn't that keen on him what little I saw of him. Would much rather have him than Massimo come back though.

User avatar
KingSabsabi
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by KingSabsabi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm trying to become a regular AJPW viewer. I usually watch the CC every year because it's the easiest event to find online but very little outside of that. Where/how can I watch the shows? Is there some way to access Samurai TV to stream it or do I need to find some 3rd party site? Any insight would be appreciated.

User avatar
Dragonzombie
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm

atsushi maruyama joined AJP.

User avatar
Jacob's Bawks
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:39 pm

KingSabsabi wrote:I'm trying to become a regular AJPW viewer. I usually watch the CC every year because it's the easiest event to find online but very little outside of that. Where/how can I watch the shows? Is there some way to access Samurai TV to stream it or do I need to find some 3rd party site? Any insight would be appreciated.
RealHero archive, which also has just about every other promotion that makes tape. It's getting so much traffic these days that a lot of videos won't stream because it's already broken Google's limit, but you can always download if that's the case.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TcyaG1SQUk
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

User avatar
KingSabsabi
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by KingSabsabi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
KingSabsabi wrote:I'm trying to become a regular AJPW viewer. I usually watch the CC every year because it's the easiest event to find online but very little outside of that. Where/how can I watch the shows? Is there some way to access Samurai TV to stream it or do I need to find some 3rd party site? Any insight would be appreciated.
RealHero archive, which also has just about every other promotion that makes tape. It's getting so much traffic these days that a lot of videos won't stream because it's already broken Google's limit, but you can always download if that's the case.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TcyaG1SQUk
I've got the Real Hero Archive bookmarked as well as the 'wmizanin' YouKu channel. If those are the only the ways to access content, that's fine. I was just curious. Thank you for the help.

http://i.youku.com/u/UMzU2ODg0OTU2

User avatar
WalkKingsRoad
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 am

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Danwaka wrote:
WalkKingsRoad wrote:Shit forgot to add, instead of Coffey wishful thinking...gotta think Taiyo Kea is in
You also forgot Yoshitatsu, WKR. SMH.
Haha, youre right! Cant forget the man. Maybe they add even more guys than expected

User avatar
WalkKingsRoad
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 am

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Anyone else expecting any more surprise news or dates from Jan. 3 Korakuen or was Maruyama joining and the blocks for Junior BOG all that's gonna be announced...?

Wouldn't be mad about the new trainee name for gods sake

User avatar
Dragonzombie
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Dragonzombie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:55 am

Aug 2018 26 is the next Summer explosion show. At the Kikkoman Arena (Nagareyama Civic Arena).

User avatar
Lawsoncomedy
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 am

Kardo wrote:Joe Doering and Zeus tore the house down today.
Can't wait to watch that.

User avatar
PKThree
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Cold frozen north

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by PKThree » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:53 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Anyone else expecting any more surprise news or dates from Jan. 3 Korakuen or was Maruyama joining and the blocks for Junior BOG all that's gonna be announced...?

Wouldn't be mad about the new trainee name for gods sake
His name is Ebina. Was unintentionally announced at the Carbell year end party when he and Okada had a wrestling class for the visitors

User avatar
WalkKingsRoad
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 am

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 pm

PKThree wrote:
WalkKingsRoad wrote:Anyone else expecting any more surprise news or dates from Jan. 3 Korakuen or was Maruyama joining and the blocks for Junior BOG all that's gonna be announced...?

Wouldn't be mad about the new trainee name for gods sake
His name is Ebina. Was unintentionally announced at the Carbell year end party when he and Okada had a wrestling class for the visitors
Right right right, just a small profile or debut date or something would be cool.

- Shuji and Suwama winning tag belts is no surprise
- Feb 3 Yokohama show looking good with Doering v Kai and Violence Giants v Kento/Tatsu (ha they gotta have a tag name soon)
and Aoki v TAJIRI, hoping Aoki wins and gets this little run of older gentlemen winning the junior belt over with, i want my Iwamoto time damnit!

Post Reply