King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Leo C

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Leo C » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Very late to the party, but that Yoshitatsu/Joe match was bad. Absolutely nothing to it and it was kinda clunky. Just a nothing match for a main event. Should've been just the Crossbody and the Powerbomb right off the gate. Nothing against Tatsu, I'm fine with giving the guy a chance to shine (although I still think giving him a TC shot this early was kinda dumb), but that was not a good start.

As for the Tag League, I liked the Sapporo show. That Kento/Dory/Ultimo/Mutoh tag match was somehow even better than it looked on paper. Big Guns/Old Man Banter Squad was very fun. Kea/Joe vs Shuji and Suwama wasn't great, but it was alright. NEXTREAM vs Joe/Kea in Yokohama was also very fun.

Kento getting pinned by Hashimoto and Soya is lame. I really don't see either guy as a big star or a great wrestler or anything. Not sure they'd do that with Yoshitatsu just standing right there in the same match.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm

1660 fans in attendance in Korakuen today for the RWTL finals (Great number btw).

Suwama and Ishikawa (or Violence Giant as they are now known as a team) won the tournament, going through Kento and Tatsu in their last block match. In the finals they beat Okami (Kamitani and Hashimoto) who beat NexTream in their last block match. Mutoh was also announced to work the January 14th show. The show aired live on Samurai and has been described as real good - great.

Only one show left this year and it is in the 17th.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 pm

It really was a great show. Everything was at least good, and the last 3 matches on the show are must-see. I'm very happy the Violent Giants (great name btw) won. I would guess they're taking the belts from Akiyama and Omori at the New Year's shows.

pol

Post by pol » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 am

Don't miss the Kento/Yoshi vs. Wild Burning match from the Hakata show.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Nice crash tv booking elements from recent Ajp.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 am

What was must-see from the tag league?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:What was must-see from the tag league?
From what I have seen so far:
You can basically watch the entire final show. Everything on it is good at minimum and the top of the card is fantastic.

From what I have seen recommended: Basically any match featuring Nomura and Aoyagi, Kento & Tatsu vs Wild Burning from Hakata is also recommended. The opening show of the tournament is also a show that comes highly recommended as a whole

pol

Post by pol » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I thought the opening night was pretty bad with the exception of the top two matches. Just a completely dead crowd unfortunately.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Muto/ Mutoh vs Tenryu.

Rewatching some of the old post split stuff again.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm

So the new trainee's name is Ebina. This was revealed at the Carbell end of year party/wrestling show where he and Okada showed off some wrestling techniques.

Speaking of Ebina he should be ready to debut soon. He's been in the dojo since May or June, which was around the time that Okada joined the dojo in 2016, and Okada debut on January 9 2017. So Ebina must be getting close to a debut

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:44 am

The cards for the New Year Wars shows are out:

January 2nd
0. Keiichi Sato vs. Yusuke Okada (They may show this during intermission)
1. Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Maruyama, & DICK TOGO~!!(!!!!!!!!!!!) vs. Yohei Nakajima, Ultimo Dragon, & Osamu Nishimura
2. Kento Miyahara, Yoshitatsu, Naoya Nomura, & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Ryouji Sai, KAI, The Bodyguard, & Hikaru Sato
3. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, & Koji Iwamoto vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, & The Masked Man Who Claims To Be Atsushi Aoki
4. New Year Battle Royale
5. World Jr Championship: TAJIRI (c) vs. Kotaro Suzuki
6. Triple Crown Championship: Joe Doering (c) vs. Zeus

January 3rd
0. Yohei Nakajima vs. Yusuke Okada
1. Osamu Nishimura & Masanobu Fuchi vs. Koji Iwamoto & Ultimo Dragon
2. Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato
3. Joe Doering & Black Tiger VII vs. KAI & TAJIRI
4. Naoya Nomura vs. Ryouji Sai
5. Kento Miyahara, Yoshitatsu, & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Zeus, The Bodyguard, & Atsushi Maruyama
6. World Tag-Team Championship: Burning Wild (c) vs. Violent Giants (Suwama & Ishikawa)

Other matches:

January 6th (May not make tape):
- All-Asia Tag-Titles: Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi (c) vs. Burning Wild

January 7th:
- GAORA TV Championship: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Hikaru Sato
- Suwama's 13th Anniversary Celebration: Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, & Strong 13 vs. Zeus, The Bodyguard, & "Red Tiger"
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Looks like Tatsu is going to keep being a regular/semi-regular going forward. Reading his blog it is pretty clear how happy he is getting steady work and how grateful he is for All Japan taking a chance and booking him. Good for Yoshi on finding happiness in wrestling again.

I hope Kotaro wins the belt in Korakuen. Him vs all the other All Japan juniors would lead to some very heated matches.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:13 pm

15 dates announced for the Champion Carnival in 2018. This is the biggest CC since the one in 2002

It is going to be interesting to see what outside talent is brought in to fatten the blocks. BJW talent seem logical pending them getting out of the Strong Climb uninjured. Soya would not be a big stretch to imagine taking part and maybe W1 sends someone like Kono or Hino as well. Higuchi from DDT would be fun but maybe not as likely. And there are a fair few freelancers roaming about as well not to mention foreigners.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:32 am

Gonna be interesting to see the names announced for the Carnival, with no Jake Lee or Kengo Mashimo being able to participate (at least I think Mashimo will still be out).

Last Year: Ishikawa, Hashimoto, Sekimoto, Lee, Doering, KAI, Mashimo, Nomura, Miyahara, Sai, Suwama, Omori, Bodyguard & Zeus, with 11 dates that had matches plus final...more dates for 2018 so I'm guessing at least 2 more additions to make it 16 wrestlers

2018 Guesses, AJPW talent (Suwama, Miyahara, KAI, Doering, Nomura, Sai, Zeus, Bodyguard, Omori, Aoyagi), then Ishikiawa, Hashimoto, Kamitani and Sekimoto from BJW then id guess Manabu Soya and just as a crazy gaijin fantasy, Joe Coffey from Scotland

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:34 am

Shit forgot to add, instead of Coffey wishful thinking...gotta think Taiyo Kea is in