King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by PKThree » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:11 pm

pol wrote:really doubt Takeda and Maruyama are winning the All Asia belts
Same. Now that they are on Nomura and Aoyagi they will stay there for a while

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

pol wrote:really doubt Takeda and Maruyama are winning the All Asia belts
PKThree wrote:Same. Now that they are on Nomura and Aoyagi they will stay there for a while
Hopefully, yeah. But Takeda/Maruyama is definitely a better duo than some actual teams that have won it in the last couple of years.

Irving

Post by Irving » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 pm

There are a couple of factors that played into the 1241 number at Korakuen. There were indeed fans there to see perennial midcarder and New Japan nobody Yoshitatsu get a shot at the Triple Crown, but the undercard was stacked. There was W1 participation and a BJW offer match, plus the big 10 man tag. Lets not get carried away.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm

I don't think anyone is claiming that these people came just to see Tatsu. But people acted on social media like he would actively drive fans away when the match was announced. Obviously they put together a strong overall card when running a untried guy on the top of the card

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 am

What PK3 said. Also, I just like being positive about the guy. Too many people drop deuces on wrestlers for going through bad stretches or having extraordinary cases of bad luck. Getting negative about wrestling just isn't something I want to make a habit of.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Maruyama challenges for the junior belt on the Fan appreciation show on 12/17. I have not compared the numbers, but I am fairly certain that Maruyama is the guy who have had the most title shots of anyone in All Japan this year. Gaora belt, Asia tags, Bang! tv battle royal and with another Bang title match on the way, which is also for Nishimura's Korean title as well. And now the junior belt shot as well as winning the junior tag league.

It's pretty obvious Jun and the ajpw crew like him.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

PKThree wrote:Maruyama challenges for the junior belt on the Fan appreciation show on 12/17. I have not compared the numbers, but I am fairly certain that Maruyama is the guy who have had the most title shots of anyone in All Japan this year. Gaora belt, Asia tags, Bang! tv battle royal and with another Bang title match on the way, which is also for Nishimura's Korean title as well. And now the junior belt shot as well as winning the junior tag league.

It's pretty obvious Jun and the ajpw crew like him.
I've been enjoying Maruyama ever since he started shouting shit throughout his entire matches and behaving like a complete tool. I find him very funny and he's great for the undercard.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

2130 fans in Sapporo today for the start of the tag league.

That's a real good number and their second best attendance all year I am fairly certain.

Big Guns, Nomura & Aoyagi and the Joe/Kea team all won their league matches to get the league up and running.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:22 am

PKThree wrote:2130 fans in Sapporo today for the start of the tag league.

That's a real good number and their second best attendance all year I am fairly certain.

Big Guns, Nomura & Aoyagi and the Joe/Kea team all won their league matches to get the league up and running.
thats a great number that only NJPW can do in that region ...

Not sure if AJPW will become ambitious and consider holding a big event there in the future though

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm

rollup wrote: thats a great number that only NJPW can do in that region ...

Not sure if AJPW will become ambitious and consider holding a big event there in the future though
Depends on what you call ambitious, they did announce that they have switched venues for their two booked dates in Sapporo so far in 2018. they will run Hotel Emisia Sapporo. Which has a 900 people capacity with the ballroom config. So they could possibly get somewhere between 1000-1500 for wrestling depending on the set up.

Their attendance is especially impressive considering the snow storm that hit the town

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:55 pm

KAI has pinned Suwama, Taiyo Kea, and Ryouji Sai in a matter of minutes each time he's fought them in this tour (the latter in a singles match). He's gunning for that Triple Crown shot at that beginning of the year, and he's earned it. I'm hoping it doesn't just stop with him, and we get guys like Zeus, Kea, Nomura, etc in Triple Crown matches.

Right now Kea/Doering, Hashimoto/Kamitani, and KAI/TAJIRI are leading at 4 points. The Big Guns beat reigning Tag Champs Burning Wild in the opening night, and Zeus also beat Omori in a singles match so even if they don't win they're a shoe-in for a challenge down the line. Soya/Tiger beat Nomura/Aoyagi and issued the challenge for an All-Asia Title match.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Kento and Tatsu put an end to KAI and Tajiri's unbeaten run today. Tajiri also offered Aoki a shot at the junior belt in the future. Suwama and Shuji also put away Nomura and Aoyagi to pick up some extra points in the league. And Sai got his revenge on Zeus from the Royal Road tournament.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 pm

4FW are bringing Kento and Aoki in for some shows in January. A show on January 20th in Swindon is confirmed but as @mortenVH got told on twitter they are looking at adding a second show. A fun treat for the fans out in the UK. And if any of the UK guys impress they could earn a tour like Danny Jones and Massimo did this last summer.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:42 pm

PKThree wrote:4FW are bringing Kento and Aoki in for some shows in January. A show on January 20th in Swindon is confirmed but as @mortenVH got told on twitter they are looking at adding a second show. A fun treat for the fans out in the UK. And if any of the UK guys impress they could earn a tour like Danny Jones and Massimo did this last summer.
From further tweets sounds like it won't be a one off. Very interesting news. Wonder if any other promotion will look at booking them while they're over.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Aoyagi and Nomura took a surprise win over Akiyama and Omori today, bringing them up to 10 points in the league with just the final day left.

4 teams go in to the final day with 10 points, Aoyagi and Nomura, Kento and Tatsu, Suwama and Shuji and Hashimoto and Kamitani. And those 4 teams face off on the final day.

They've done a lot to elevate Nomura and Aoyagi this tournament.