King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Danwaka

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Danwaka » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 pm

That's because Bodyguard doesn't fuck about and does his job proper.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 am

Well probably seeing an Akiyama/Omori tag win. Kind of wait and see for Okabayashi for the tag league I'm guessing as well, unless someone has news on the severity.

What do you guys think if more probable, Doering defeats Suwama, or Suwama defeats Doering leading to Doering and Kea winning tag league and challenging for tag titles? If Suwama wins I'm not sure who the next challenger is, Zeus maybe but he seems to have been left behind.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:03 am

I could be wrong, but all my senses point towards Doering winning

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Well probably seeing an Akiyama/Omori tag win. Kind of wait and see for Okabayashi for the tag league I'm guessing as well, unless someone has news on the severity.

What do you guys think if more probable, Doering defeats Suwama, or Suwama defeats Doering leading to Doering and Kea winning tag league and challenging for tag titles? If Suwama wins I'm not sure who the next challenger is, Zeus maybe but he seems to have been left behind.
I'm also leaning towards a Doering win, but if Suwama retains I guess Kojima could challenge him at some point.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Can Kento go until after the Carnival, assuming he wins it (he's gotta win it at some point, he cant be champion every time) without challenging for the title? I don't see a title loss helping him in between

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Also forgot to add, I suppose with a bit of build that Kea could be a title match for someone

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:41 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Also forgot to add, I suppose with a bit of build that Kea could be a title match for someone
Let's work with the idea that Doering wins the title. If he and Kea make it to the final of the tag league and lose, Doering could attack Kea post match to set up a title match.

Just a thought

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm

PKThree wrote:
WalkKingsRoad wrote:Also forgot to add, I suppose with a bit of build that Kea could be a title match for someone
Let's work with the idea that Doering wins the title. If he and Kea make it to the final of the tag league and lose, Doering could attack Kea post match to set up a title match.

Just a thought
Seems like a smart idea. Watched the 10/9 event and Kea looked plenty fine, including a fiery promo backstage.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:32 am

9/10 Korakuen show was just awesome.

Iwamoto vs Suzuki was a great opener. It had some backstory to it, Iwamoto being in love with AJPW and having no respect for the TRAITOR Suzuki who dared to abandone them is a great angle (same exact story with Okada/Sato which is also great). However it was still not to be, as Suzuki avoided the Hip Toss (although he did take one) many times and put Iwamoto away. Nice sprint. Looking forward to Iwamoto getting his revenge at some point.

Kea looked alright. Didn't blow me away or anything, but he was totally fine. I will never in my entire life forget TAJIRI selling for Soya here. Michaels didn't do anything in that Hogan match nearly as absurd as Tajiri's bump in the apron when Soya was running wild, and the next spot they did together was not far behind. It almost makes me wonder if Tajiri has heat with the guy, lol. That was amazing.

KAI/NEXTREAM vs Aoki, Sato and Okada was also awesome. Sato disposing of Okada was just great, knowing that this geek was only gonna get in their way and he really wanted to show Nomura and Aoyagi who's boss leading into their title match. They got the better of Yuma for a long time but in the end had no choice and Okada got his shot, looked very good but in the end still lost. Poor guy, he tried so hard. Very nice story here.

Now, I may be the only one, but I love this Nishimura title reign where he fucks around with geeks for 5 minutes and rolls them up, plus I love these absurd stipulations that come up in these AJPW undercards sometimes (where is that Akiyama/Maruyama match with 3 cards that allowed Omori to run in?), so I loved this. This actually did serve somewhat of a purpose as it put a little bit of spotlight on Danny. Maruyama challenging afterwards only made things better (I love his gimmick of just being a complete tool), and although it sadly won't happen and Nishimura will just randomly lose the belt in Florida, this title reign should go on for years and years.

Another thing I love about AJPW are these sprints. Sometimes it's not necessary to fuck around and get the heat on a guy or whatever for 10 minutes, just get to the point. All out fun action for 5 minutes and poor Bodyguard was massacred with 3 Axe Bombers plus a Wrist-Clutch Exploder which is how you have to put someone out in a match like this. Only bad thing is that Bodyguard has been pinned by Omori an unacceptable number of times this year.

Doering vs Ishikawa was also just great. Just a very good hoss fight with Ishikawa putting Doering through hell, but he managed to overcome it and the finish was the best thing I ever saw. The regular crossbody couldn't do it, he couldn't hoist the big man up so he just jumped on him. I loved this match and I loved that. Definitely more than 4 stars here.

The main event was amazing. Best match I've seen these two have together and they've had some great ones before. It was very basic, but it escalated very nicely into a hot finishing stretch. Suwama is great at beating the shit out of geeks and Kento sells very well. Had I watched this unspoiled I probably would have loved it even more. Seeing Suwama win was a very nice moment as well; the crowd loved it. Since the events took place on the same day, I have to say, this was better than Okada/EVIL for me. The show overall is also very close to KoPW in terms of enjoyment.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Kento's been out touring the university where they will be holding the first campus show in November. Or rather, Professor Kento

These shows are free for university students and meant to get more younger fans for the promotion. But also to find more trainees to the dojo through letting students try out wrestling for these shows. If they get 2-3 of the 6 dudes interested here into the dojo that's great.

Irving

Post by Irving » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am

Upcoming cards:

AJPW "GROWIN' UP VOL. 8", 10/31/17 (BS11)
Shin-Kiba 1st RING

1. Jun Akiyama, Yohei Nakajima & Fuminori Abe vs. TAJIRI, Yoshitatsu & KAI
2. Women's Pro-Wrestling
3. Takao Omori vs. Manabu Soya
4. Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato vs. Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama
5. Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa vs. Masayuki Kono & Takanori Ito
6. Kento Miyahara, Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Takuya Nomura

"2017 STARTING OVER ~ Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY"

AJPW "CHIBA EXTRA DREAM 18", 11/3/17
Chiba Blue Field

1. Women's Pro-Wrestling
2. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Yohei Nakajima vs. TAJIRI, Kotaro Yoshino & Dinosaur Takuma
3. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato
4. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Black Tiger VII & Black Spider VII
5. Kento Miyahara, Yoshitatsu, KAI & Takatoshi Matsumoto vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama

AJPW, 11/5/17
Nagoya International Conference Hall

1. Yuma Aoyagi, KAI & Konaka = Pale One vs. Rocky Kawamura, Takatoshi Matsumoto & Michio Kageyama
2. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato
3. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada
4. Zeus vs. Naoya Nomura
5. TAJIRI vs. Yohei Nakajima
6. Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa vs. Ryoji Sai & Ishikiri
7. Jun Akiyama vs. Yoshitatsu
8. Kento Miyahara vs. Takao Omori

AJPW "Tiger Kihara 30th Anniversary Celebration", 11/6/17
Mie Prefectural Sun Arena Sub Arena

1. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama vs. Black Tiger VII & Black Spider VII
2. Women's Pro-Wrestling
3. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, Yohei Nakajima & Naoshi Sano vs. TAIJRI, KAI, Rocky Kawamura & Takahisa Matsumoto
4. Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada vs. Ryoji Sai & Ishikiri
5. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato
6. The Road to 2017 World Strongest Tag League: Kento Miyahara, Yoshitatsu, Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Zeus & The Bodyguard

AJPW, 11/7/17
Niigata Juroku Plaza

1. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Kotaro Suzuki & Keiichi Sato vs. Black Tiger VII & Black Spider VII
2. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada vs. Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama
3. Ryoji Sai & Ishikiri vs. TAJIRI & KAI
4. Zeus vs. Yuma Aoyagi
5. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Yohei Nakajima vs. Hikaru Sato, Rocky Kawamura & Takahisa Matsumoto
6. Kento Miyahara, Yoshitatsu & Naoya Nomura vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Atsushi Aoki

AJPW, 11/9/17
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Naoya Nomura, Yuma Aoyagi, Yohei Nakajima & Fuminori Abe vs. Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio, Koji Doi, Andy Wu & Tugutaka Sato
2. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Koji Iwamoto & Yusuke Okada vs. Black Tiger VII & Black Spider VII
3. Jr. TAG BATTLE OF GLORY: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Masashi Takeda & Atsushi Maruyama
4. Triple Crown Heavyweight Title: 10/21 Winner (c) vs. X

AJPW "Zeus Festival", 11/11/17
Osaka Azalea Taisho Hall

1. Yohei Nakajima vs. Yuto Kikuchi
2. Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuaki Mihara
3. Koji Iwamoto & Hikaru Sato vs. Ultimate Spider Jr. & Takayokida
4. KAI & Atsushi Maruyama vs. Billy Ken Kid & Tsubasa
5. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori vs. Couger & GAINA
6. Kento MIyahara, Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Katsumi Oribe, Naomi Yoshimura & Yasutaka Osera
7. Zeus, The Bodyguard & TAJIRI vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Atsushi Aoki

"2017 World's Strongest Tag League ~ 45th Anniversary"

AJPW, 11/19/17
Hokkaido Makomanai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena

1. Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Yusuke Okada & Yuki Kanazaki (debut)
2. !BANG!TV World Heavyweight Title: Osamu Nishimura (c) vs. Atsushi Maruyama
3. Special Singles: KAI vs. Yoshitatsu
4. Kento Miyahara, Keiji Muto, Dory Funk Jr. & Ultimo Dragon vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, TAJIRI, Black Tiger VII & Dalton Drellich

AJPW, 11/22/17
Iwate Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Carbell Ito vs. Yohei Nakajima, Yusuke Okada &

AJPW, 11/23/17
Dream Messe Miyagi West Building Hall

1. Jun Akiyama, Ultimo Dragon & Carbell Ito vs. Yusuke Okada, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Aizawa No.1
2. Atsushi Aoki, Hikaru Sato & vs. TAJIRI, Yohei Nakajima & Koji Iwamoto
3. Special Singles: KAI vs. Ryoji Sai
4. Special Singles: Zeus vs. Takao Omori

AJPW, 11/26/17
Shin Kiba 1st RING

1. Special Singles: Zeus vs. Ryoji Sai
2. Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Dory Funk Jr. vs. Joe Doering, Taiyo Kea & Dalton Drellich

AJPW, 11/28/17
Yokohama Radiant Hall

1. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Yutaka Yoshie vs. TAJIRI, KAI & Yohei Nakajima

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Sorry if I'm late to the party here but I loved that Kento/Suwama match, it was definitely better than Okada/EVIL for me. I'm at ****3/4 on it, because that finishing stretch was one of Kento's best so far. Helps that I kept myself unspoiled but this result confused the hell outta me, until I saw Doering walk out afterwards.

The story seems to point to Doering winning, which I'm all for, but why couldn't Suwama have won the title from Ishikawa, what was the point of this short Kento run? I guess to have Kento and Ishikawa main event their biggest show? All signs would point to Kento winning the carnival next year then, right, whether Doering or Suwama or anyone else is champ.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Joe won. Yoshitatsu made Zeus submit and is going to face Joe.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Tatsu got a mixed reaction for challenging but I think he will be a fine one off challenger before he slides back down to the midcard. Joe is probably going to hold the belt through the carnival so he needs challengers instead of just running through the usual crowd again. Zeus can easily get his win back in the tag league as well (and pin Joe or Taiyo Kea to set up a match with Joe later on). Tatsu got to be himself in the Royal Road tournament and had a couple of solid matches so it will probably be an okay throwaway defense.

Sekimoto has selected Takuya Nomura to be his partner in the tag league since Okabayashi is hurt.

TAJIRI beat Ultimo Dragon to regain the junior belt, only to be attacked by Yohei Nakajima post match so that's his first challenger settled.

Ryoji Sai came out and proposed that a team from his land's end promotion gets a shot at the Asia tag belts after Nomura and Aoyagi put away Sato and Aoki.

The next tag title challengers will be the tag league winners most likely.

They drew 1817 fans for the show as well, above Wrestle-1 but below DDT and Big Japan in the same building. Logical considering the two latter have a longer history in it.

AJPW return to Yokohama in February and then on October 21st 2018 as well. So looks like no Sumo Hall in 2018 (Makes sense since it will be renovated next year and not nearly as open as regularly.)

Irving

Post by Irving » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Doesn't matter the number should have been stronger. They've always done well there. Their dojo and office is there. The guys workout there. The number is poor.