King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by PKThree » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:Not sure if Dark Nightmare even exists at this point. Evolution itself is just a two man tag at this point as well.
Dark Nightmare is still a thing. But since they are all freelance (Or michinoku pro like Minamino) they aren't a full time presence.

AJPW's main sponsor, Carbell will have it's president/owner work the bang TV battle royal under his carbeel ito gimmick. He's been training at the AJPW dojo for it

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm

pains me to say it but I didn't love the Suwama vs Ishikawa match for whatever reason. Don't get me wrong it was good, but it just didn't wow me like I expected. Thought it was predictable in that I felt I knew what was coming around every corner in the match. I loved the Champion Carnival match but this didn't impact me the same way sadly. Might have been a victim of hype.

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:57 pm

it might be quite early but who do you think is winning The 2017 Ōdō Tournament ?

looking at the brackets its looks likely to be a Joe Doering vs Zeus/Shuji final.

(i have interest in attending the finals thats why i am asking lol :lol: :lol: )

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

rollup wrote:it might be quite early but who do you think is winning The 2017 Ōdō Tournament ?

looking at the brackets its looks likely to be a Joe Doering vs Zeus/Shuji final.

(i have interest in attending the finals thats why i am asking lol :lol: :lol: )
Depends on if Kento wins at Sumo Hall. Then probably whoever they want to feed to him.

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:
rollup wrote:it might be quite early but who do you think is winning The 2017 Ōdō Tournament ?

Depends on if Kento wins at Sumo Hall. Then probably whoever they want to feed to him.
i think kento is probably winning at the sumo hall , and i am also unsure about feeding zeus or joe to him , or kento falling in his first defense.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:16 pm

I can't really guess until the first bracket is over.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Dragonzombie wrote:I can't really guess until the first bracket is over.
Joe and Suwama are a pretty obvious semi final on one end. And Joe going heel/Solo lends credence to him going to the final. On the other side it's a three way race between Kento, Zeus and Shuji.

I think Joe takes the whole thing

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

PKThree wrote:
Dragonzombie wrote:I can't really guess until the first bracket is over.
Joe and Suwama are a pretty obvious semi final on one end. And Joe going heel/Solo lends credence to him going to the final. On the other side it's a three way race between Kento, Zeus and Shuji.

I think Joe takes the whole thing
i think thats the plan too , especially after Joe's promo after his loss to kento at the Korakuen

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Who wants to see AJPW's main sponsor pull off a Topé?

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Anyone got any hints or ideas about some new factions with the recent Evolution split. I think a little refresh is definitely needed.

Also would love to hear some news on the new trainee, hopefully we get some soon

Irving

Post by Irving » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Match order has been determined.. this show is STACKED..

AJPW "SUMMER EXPLOSION ~ 45th Anniversary Show", 8/27/17 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. Yusuke Okada vs. Keiichi Sato
0. Opening Act ~Actress Girls Offer~
1. Yohei Nakajima & Fuminori Abe vs. Takuya Nomura & Yuya Aoki
2. LAND'S END vs. Multi-Nation Alliance: Ryoji Sai, Masakado & Ishinriki vs. Massimo, Danny Jones & Sam Adonis
3. Osumi Kogyo Presents All Japan 45th Anniversary Memorial: Dory Funk Jr & Hiro Saito vs. Masanobu Fuchi & The Great Kabuki
4. !BANG TV! World Heavyweight Title - Battle Royal: Osamu Nishimura (c), Naoshi Sano, Yutaka Yoshie, Abdullah Kobayashi, Rikiya Fudo, Kazushi Tamura, Rey Paloma, Carbell Ito, Atsushi Maruyama, Aizawa #1, Dinosaur Takuma, Shota Nakagawa, Koutaro Yoshino, Mitoshichi Shinose & Akiyori Takizawa
5. Caristico vs. El Diamante
6. All Asia Tag Team Title: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs. Black Tiger VII & TAKA Michinoku
7. All Japan 45th Anniversary Special: Yuma Aoyagi vs. Taichi
8. All Japan 45th Anniversary Special: Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, Minoru Tanaka & Koji Iwamoto vs. Joe Doering, Zeus, The Bodyguard & Kotaro Suzuki
9. World Jr. Heavyweight Title: TAJIRI (c) vs. Ultimo Dragon
10. World Tag Team Title: Naoya Nomura & KAI vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi
11. All Japan 45th Anniversary Special: Suwama vs. Satoshi Kojima
12. Triple Crown Heavyweight Title: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

- Also added is participation from New Japan's referee Red Shoes Unno and current New Japan ring announcer Abe who started his career in All Japan during the Muto era.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Interesting to see that Sato is back in AJPW
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Man I actually want to see Okada vs Sato.

Chances are pretty slim tho right? Since the TV Broadcast starts at 15:00 JST, while the Dark Matches are to start at 14:30 JST.

Irving

Post by Irving » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah, it's probably not going to air at all which is a shame.

Jagger27

Post by Jagger27 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 am

Hello 1st time poster so be gentle. I've only been watching NJPW since January but with NJPW World ive managed to get pretty much up to speed and seen a lot of the old stuff, now I want to get into All Japan. Which shows from this year would people say are a good starting point? I know none of the wrestlers so it's going to be tricky but any suggestions welcome.
@mikedaysley