King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
van Fair

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by van Fair » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Who are the stand-out guys to watch in the juniors tourney? Juniors not my strong suit.

Excited for bodyguard v Kento. Should be an interesting test for Kento kinda like when Okada has to face Fale.
Most definitely keep an eye on Koji Iwamoto. He clearly is in his paying dues phase, so he won't win the tournament. But the promotion clearly has plans for him, he has been in singles matches with Suwama, Omori, Aoki and Kento over the last month.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Suwama vs Nomura is going to be fire.

For the juniors,other than Iwamoto, Minoru/Sato/Nakajima are probably the favorites.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Aoki is also a clear standout. He's been the defacto junior ace of the company since Suzuki left.

Aoyagi Yuma is also a standout to look at. He just challenged for the junior belt in a awesome match and All Japan have pretty big plans for him long term.

pol

Post by pol » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm interested in seeing how Minoru looks. In Wrestle-1 he's mostly been phoning it in, and who can blame him really.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Yesterday's show in Yamaguchi looks like a lot of fun judging by the highlights. I do hope it makes tape on Nico for the Evolution vs DnM brawl and the main event alone

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 am

You guys think there'll be any decent surprises in the carnival this year? Manabu Soya, KAI, Shuji Ishikawa? Id like to see some Yuji Okabayashi. Or you think they'll stick to more homebase guys...?

pol

Post by pol » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:44 am

It's interesting to think about and it's around the time that we can start making predictions. Last year had 8 shows, this year has 11, so it seems reasonable to assume that there will be at least 1 more person per block this year for a 16-man tournament.

Akiyama, Kento, Nomura, Bodyguard, Super Tiger, Zeus, Omori, Jake, Yoshie, Sai seem like locks to return from last year. Joe and Suwama are locks too. That's 12.

You're definitely getting at least a couple from the group of Kendo Kashin, Mitsuya Nagai, Rikiya Fudo, and I guess throw BT7 in there too?

As for the rest, pick from guys like KAI, Soya, Nishimura, Mashimo, Ishikawa and any of several BJW guys. Hell maybe we get an Irie or Takeshita or a different K-DOJO guy like Tank or Takizawa.
Last edited by pol on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:51 am

I'd love to see Uto in the CC this year.

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:43 am

"Akiyama, Kento, Nomura, Bodyguard, Super Tiger, Zeus, Omori, Jake, Yoshie, Sai seem like locks to return from last year. Joe and Suwama are locks too. That's 12."

I'm I wrong to think the Super Tiger's role in Evolution and All Japan is lessened with the return of Doering ? I think he's either is booked on one card Febuary or not at all. So maybe he won't be in the C.C. Even if he was in it last year. I know the Febuary shows are more of a Junior showcase.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm

kingpin26 wrote:"Akiyama, Kento, Nomura, Bodyguard, Super Tiger, Zeus, Omori, Jake, Yoshie, Sai seem like locks to return from last year. Joe and Suwama are locks too. That's 12."

I'm I wrong to think the Super Tiger's role in Evolution and All Japan is lessened with the return of Doering ? I think he's either is booked on one card Febuary or not at all. So maybe he won't be in the C.C. Even if he was in it last year. I know the Febuary shows are more of a Junior showcase.
Who says there can't be more members in Evolution? There's also the whole "traitor in the group" angle they are running right now. Someone might defect.

On another topic. AJPW vs FMW goes down on February 19! Akiyama, Suwama, Inoue & Kashin take on the FMW team of Onita, Yaguchi, Hosaka & Pandita!

Now there's a match.

Irving

Post by Irving » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Yeah, February shows are all over the place. It'd be great if we could get some sort of sticky post where I could edit the cards for the month there.

Here's full 2/19:

AJPW, 2/19/17
Love Army Yamanashi

1. Koji Iwamoto vs. Yusuke Okada
2. Jr. BATTLE OF GLORY - B Block: Yohei Nakajima vs. Kazuhiro Tamura
3. Jr. BATTLE OF GLORY - B Block: Hikaru Sato vs. Atsushi Maruyama
4. Jr. BATTLE OF GLORY - A Block: Atsushi Aoki vs. Keisuke Ishii
5. Kento Miyahara, Naoya Nomura, Jake Lee & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Zeus, The Bodyguard, KAI & Minoru Tanaka
6. Takao Omori vs. Joe Doering
7. All Japan Army vs. Jado-gun Special 8-Man Tag: Jun Akiyama, Suwama, Kendo Kashin & Masao Inoue vs. Atsushi Onita, Hideki Hosaka, Ichiro Yaguchi & Pandita

pol

Post by pol » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 pm

None of Dark Nightmare are on the next tour either, interesting...

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

PKThree wrote:
kingpin26 wrote:"Akiyama, Kento, Nomura, Bodyguard, Super Tiger, Zeus, Omori, Jake, Yoshie, Sai seem like locks to return from last year. Joe and Suwama are locks too. That's 12."

Who says there can't be more members in Evolution? There's also the whole "traitor in the group" angle they are running right now. Someone might defect.

I wasn't implying that there can't be more that 4 members of Evolution, I just thought he may have run his course with All Japan. I don't think he's much of a draw and with the infusion of Wrestle 1 guys who are a better draw I just thought Akiyama may want to lessen his role.

pol

Post by pol » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 am

The 2/17 Korakuen card looks pretty great. Suwama/Doering vs. KAI/Sai is clearly a setup for Suwama/Doering to be the next tag challengers. I wonder if they win the belts?

Irving

Post by Irving » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Full cards for the Okinawa 2 day events

3/4 @ Okinawa Namra Hall
1. Masanobu Fuchi vs. Yusuke Okada
2. Yohei Nakajima & Eisa 8 vs. SUSHI & Teran Seisar
3. Ultimo Dragon & Gurukun Mask vs. Osamu Nishimura & Ultra Soki
4. Yuma Aoyagi vs. Koji Iwamoto
5. Jun Akiyama, Kendo Kashin & KAI vs. Suwama, Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato
6. Takao Omori vs. Jake Lee
7. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura vs. Zeus & The Bodyguard

3/5 @ Okinawa Namra Hall
1. Yuma Aoyagi vs. Yusuke Okada
2. Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Koji Iwamoto & Ultimo Dragon
3. Takao Omori & Teran Seisar vs. Osamu Nishimura & Eisa 8
4. Masanobu Fuchi vs. Kendo Kashin
5. Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. Suwama & SUSHI
6. Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura vs. Jun Akiyama, KAI & Yohei Nakajima