King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
pol

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by pol » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:59 pm

It looks like Akiyama's "Mysterious Partner" is Hideki Suzuki, as he introduced himself by that name while bursting in on a Yusaku Obata/ZERO1 press conference today. The letters "IDE" were also visible on the silhouette they showed at Korakuen.

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Hell yeah. I can definitely get behind an Akiyama/Suzuki team.

Irving

Post by Irving » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:58 am

Full Sumo Hall card

Naoya Nomura vs Takuya Nomura
SUSHI, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Masao Inoue vs. Kaji Tomato, Kazuhiro Tamura & Naoshi Sano
Super Tiger, Ryuji Hijikata, Rey Paloma & Diablo (I think) vs. Mitsuya Nagai, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Takeshi Minnamino & Black Tiger VII
Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto vs. Ryoji Sai, Kengo Mashimo & Konosuke Takeshita
Dory Funk, Chavo Guerrero Sr., Ultimo Dragon & TAJIRI vs. The Great Kabuki, Osamu Nishimura, Yutaka Yoshie & Isami Kodaka
GAORA TV Title: Yohei Nakajima (c) vs. Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
World Jr Title: Takao Soma (c) vs. Keisuke Ishii
All Asia Tag Team Title: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs. Masanobu Fuchi & Atsushi Onita
Jun Akiyama & Kendo Kashin vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
World Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Zeus & The Bodyguard
Triple Crown: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Suwama

pol

Post by pol » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:54 am

Nomura vs. Nomura and Aoyagi/Lee/Iwamoto vs. Sai/Mashimo/Takeshita are very exciting matches. The rest of the undercard multiman stuff I have a hard time caring about, although I'm looking forward to seeing DARK NIGHTMARE do their act as a team even if I don't think the match will be all that good. Everything else has a pretty high ceiling, I'd say.

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Oh boy, 11 Matches sound like really much. Well, makes sense considering the 5 hours this show will be broadcasted on GAORA. In the worst case, the crowd will be out of air during the last matches, which might make or break the World Tag and the Triple Crown Title matches.

In Addition, 5000 Fans at Ryogoku would be called a success in my opinion.

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:24 pm

I know Mutoh isn't in the best health with his knees but i thought he might work a big show like this in a limited role in a 6 or 8 man tag match.

Irving

Post by Irving » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:38 pm

I wanted him instead of Kashin

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:27 pm

This may be a dumb question but does Terry Funk have some heat with Akiyama or All Japan ? He hasn't worked an All Japan show since 2013. I love Dory's loyalty but he's in no shape to even step in a ring. I fear for his safety sometimes.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:40 pm

kingpin26 wrote:This may be a dumb question but does Terry Funk have some heat with Akiyama or All Japan ? He hasn't worked an All Japan show since 2013. I love Dory's loyalty but he's in no shape to even step in a ring. I fear for his safety sometimes.
Terry is not healthy enough to wrestle and probably costs more considering he's had stints in WWE.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:06 pm

I'll definitely check out this show when it hits the Archive. Some very fun multi-man matches and the title matches in there as well.

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Saw on twitter they had a press conference for, I'm guessing the Sumo Hall show, any have any news from that?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:47 pm

WalkKingsRoad wrote:Saw on twitter they had a press conference for, I'm guessing the Sumo Hall show, any have any news from that?
It was your standard press conference.

To the surprise of no one, Kento rocks a suit like a pro. The other NexTream guys as well but they did not make tape.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Kashin is officially Akiyama's partner for the tag league
He's also apparently being stalked by Japanese movie monsters

kingpin26

Post by kingpin26 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Akiyama seems to have a great sense of humor with his interaction with Kashin and Sushi in these You Tube vidoes I wish there was a translation. What's the deal with Kashin and the Sceptre???

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Kento picked up his first win over Suwama yesterday in the build to the Sumo Hall match. Counting the royal road tournament match, Suwama is now 8-1 in wins over Kento leading into November 27.