King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
pol

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by pol » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Irving wrote:So All Japan will be holding their newcomer tryouts on 12/23, one of the hopefuls has been tweeting about his road there for a solid month. His name is Jun Sado and works out at Zeus' gym in Osaka. He really wants to join All Japan and said it would change his life, so hopefully he makes it.

https://twitter.com/Jun_Odou
Just checked up on this guy and it looks like he's tweeting about the tryouts being tomorrow, were they delayed or something?

Irving

Post by Irving » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Takumi passed the tryout back in 2009 but was still in university and didn't join the dojo until 2010. He debuted and QUICKLY became the best rookie in the promotion and arguably Japan. For a small period of time the rookies in All Japan were Takumi Soya (retired due to injury), Soshun (couldn't get his visa renewed), Yasufumi Nakanoueno (working for W1), and Jake Lee (who left to do MMA but returned to AJ). He definitely was the cream of that crop and had a pretty fun rivalry with Nak as well. Takumi's matches with Suwama against Sekimoto/Okabayashi are probably the highlight of his career.

EDIT: Champion Carnival: Takumi Soya vs. Yuji Okabayashi
PKThree wrote:Return match vs one of the rookies, winner takes a spot in the carnival.
My idea scenario would be:

A couple of team variations with Suwama/Soya/Nomura to show tension between the two.

Soya vs. Nomura for a spot in the Carnival, with Soya winning.

Soya/Nomura vs. Miyahara/Jake with Nomura leaving Evolution and joining NEXTREAM as they need a third anyway.

Suwama/Takumi/Aoki/Sato vs. Miyahara/Jake/Nomura will be a fun story throughout the year. Probably a big match at the Sumo Hall show to end that feud.
pol wrote:
Irving wrote:So All Japan will be holding their newcomer tryouts on 12/23, one of the hopefuls has been tweeting about his road there for a solid month. His name is Jun Sado and works out at Zeus' gym in Osaka. He really wants to join All Japan and said it would change his life, so hopefully he makes it.

https://twitter.com/Jun_Odou
Just checked up on this guy and it looks like he's tweeting about the tryouts being tomorrow, were they delayed or something?
For Jun Sado, the tryout was postponed and happened sometime this weekend, but Akiyama never broadcasts trainees until they've been in the dojo for a few months. I think he'll make it as he has a good look, they need guys, and he seems pretty cool with Zeus.

sternness

Post by sternness » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:52 am

Irving wrote:Takumi's matches with Suwama against Sekimoto/Okabayashi are probably the highlight of his career.
I'd say so. The Death Vegas match was great and the March 2012 Sumo Hall one was even better. I miss Takumi Soya.

pol

Post by pol » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:02 am

Can anyone explain what the deal is with this whole Ghillie Man/Codename G thing?

pol

Post by pol » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Thought 1/2 was a very good show top to bottom. Nothing was bad, very easy to watch. Only complaint really is that Miyahara/Lee vs. Aoki/Nomura was bizarrely short.

Irving

Post by Irving » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Jun Sado posted he had his tryout with other young hopefuls on 1/10. Apparently, they're going to let them know at a later date if they've been accepted.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:25 am

Suwama/Akiyama sucked. One of the biggest dud finishes.

pol

Post by pol » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:28 am

The finish was flat but I thought most of the match prior to that was excellent. Hated the no-selling and 1-counts though, as usual felt like doing them just to do them rather than because it made sense in the context of the match.

Omori/Zeus vs. BIG GUNS was very good too. Zeus is really developing some charisma and may even have been the best guy in the match.

6 man with the young boys was a ton of fun. Keiichi Sato is almost ridiculously good for having like 3 months of experience.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:23 am

Suwama is out indefinitely with a torn Achilles tendon. TC is vacated.

This company cannot catch a break. Someone needs to break the voodoo curse Mutoh placed on it when he left.
In positive news:
Yuma vs Nakjima for the TV title is official.
Omori is the new Director/whatever position Suwama vacated.
Aoki is the new chairman of the wrestlers committee

pol

Post by pol » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:44 am

Zeus vs. Miyahara for the TC on 2/12 in Korakuen.

This really, really sucks.

I don't understand why Akiyama dropped the title so quickly and I sure as hell don't understand why they don't go back to him now. All I can think is that he's really beat up.

The only thing that makes sense now is for Zeus to win the TC and Miyahara/Lee to win the tag titles from BIG GUNS on 2/21 in Osaka. I like Zeus and he's improved a lot, but he isn't TC material. But hotshotting the title onto Miyahara like this would just be horrible. I guess it's not like Zeus is any worse a choice than Joe Doering. And he does seem to be something of a draw in Osaka.

This has to completely mess up whatever plan they had laid out leading to Ryogoku. What the hell do you do now? You can't headline Ryogoku with Zeus. The only thing I can see is Miyahara winning the Carnival, beating Zeus for the TC, then Suwama returning and doing the old "you never beat me" deal. You need a strong tag title match for Ryogoku too which I don't even know what that would be, Akiyama/Omori vs. BIG GUNS or something? So Miyahara/Lee have to drop the tag belts at some point. So many title changes, it's just a mess.

jesse

Post by jesse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:08 am

I think you cry on your hands and knees for Sekimoto to show up and win the TC in the next few months and work a joint show with Big Japan for Sumo Hall.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:32 am

I think they will need to have sekimoto holding the tc now

Irving

Post by Irving » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 pm

There are some rumblings that Joe might come back. I for one would love a Daisuke vs. Joe match, however, I'm not sure where people think anyone holding the TC is a good idea right now. They are putting a lot into Miyahara and Zeus, but I'd rather see Miyahara win at Sumo Hall and not see Zeus with the strap at all.

If there was a time for Nagata and Kojima to come in I'd say now is it but with all those rumored WWE signings I'm not sure that's happening either. Nagata winning the TC, and Miyahara beating Kojima in the Carnival Final with him taking down Akiyama somewhere on the road to Nagata at Sumo Hall would be fun.

If Takumi Soya came in I'd immediately have him be the one to dethrone Nakajima for the TV belt and let Jake, Nomura, and Aoyagi chase him throughout the year for that as well.

I'd stick with the BIG GUNS/SBJ program having them do a series and it looks like Daichi is coming in as Kazuki's working February so there's a good shot they could be challenging for AA Tags.

Hopefully they can book themselves out of this mess.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Footage from the 1/10 house show & post-match reaction from Suwama.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:22 pm

When it rains it fucking pours.