Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
STRIGGA

Re: Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by STRIGGA » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Ryuji Ito defended the Death Match Heavyweight Title against Ryuichi Sekine today in Hakata plus they announced the full card for the final Korakuen Hall show of the year that features one Seiya Sanada in a random undercard tag match:

BJW, 30.12.2015 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Yoshino Tatsuhiko & Heddi French vs. Yuichi Taniguchi & Toshiyuki Sakuda
2. Atsushi Maruyama & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Seiya Sanada & Kazuki Kikuta
3. "Black Angel" Jaki Numazawa, Takumi Tsukamoto, Tsutomu Oosugi & Hercules Senga vs. Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei, Shinobu & Takayuki Ueki
4. Death Match: Isami Kodaka, Masato Inaba & Kankuro Hoshino vs. Ryuji Ito, Ryuichi Sekine & Masaya Takahashi
5. Death Match: Abdullah Kobayashi vs. Masashi Takeda
6. Kohei Sato , Shuji Ishikawa & Yuko Miyamoto vs. Kazuki Hashimoto, Daichi Hashimoto & Hideki Suzuki
7. BJW Tag Team Title: Yuji Okabayashi & Daisuke Sekimoto (c) vs. Ryota Hama & Hideyoshi Kamitani

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Damn the semi and main event look great, pretty sure I say that for every Strong focused card. Hama and Kamitani are a surprisingly good team and Double Hashimotos with Suzuki should be great.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 pm

WOW - if Sanada wants to rebuild his career. The BJW undercard is the best possible starting block. I'm all in on him working his way up the BJW ranks in 2016 on his road to redemption!

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:15 am

Adam D wrote:Daisuke Sekimoto, Hideki Suzuki & Hideyoshi Kamitani vs. Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa) & Yuji Okabayashi from the latest BJW drop is excellent and a must watch, I'm really psyched on this match right now.
I've been woefully behind on Puro for the past few months, but I caught this last night and loved it. Kamitani was an absolute beast in this match. Okabayashi was, as he is in every match, but Kamitani gave such a ridiculously great performance. Big Japan's six-man tags this year have been so much fun to watch.

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:51 am

Geez Okabayashi punished Kamitani for getting that pin on him.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:04 am

God damn, Okabayashi vs Kamitani from Death Vegas was great!! Kamitani's facial expressions are so perfect. Awesome.

SuzukiGUN

Post by SuzukiGUN » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:00 pm

I'd love to watch more BJW I just have such a hard time finding puro that's coming out on a quick bases. Everything seems to be 2 months behind

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:03 pm

SuzukiGUN wrote:I'd love to watch more BJW I just have such a hard time finding puro that's coming out on a quick bases. Everything seems to be 2 months behind
Just follow RealHero and you'll stay up to date.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:46 pm

I just watched Okabayashi/Kamitani and I was so disappointed. I was so bored for the most part with only the last five minutes getting me into it. I know what they were going for but the endless chin locks and other submissions just kill me, I had to force myself to see the end where I knew they'd end hot.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Yuji comes off a lot worse in singles matches imo, where as he's one of my favourite guys in the world in faster paced tags. There was a lot of nothing going on in that main event.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Sekimoto's match with Kamitani earlier in the year was significantly better I have to say, sadly.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:05 am

Anyone still have Sekimoto vs Ishikawa?

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:18 am

K. Hare wrote:Anyone still have Sekimoto vs Ishikawa?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x324tjv

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:33 pm

On a completely different page to you guys about the 12/20 main event (would be hilarious if this posts ends up starting page 10!). I thought it was fantastic, Match Of The Month level stuff.

I thought the pacing worked nicely. They kept me engaged mainly due to all the subtle things Yuji does with body language and how he sells stuff. The finishing run was excellent and really got over both Kamitani stepping up and Yuji cementing his status as the man to beat. Thought this was better than Daisuke/Kami and that had the advantage of being at Korakuen.

Also completely disagree with the idea that Yuji doesn't shine in singles. This year alone he's had great matches (for me) with Daisuke, Ishikawa, Kobayashi (!!!) and Kamitani. He even had a sneaky awesome match in DDT against Endo. The only disappointing singles match he's had was the Irie one but that was still good. Really hoping for defenses against Hama and Kohei in the early part of the year.

jesse

Post by jesse » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:37 pm

I guess everyone knows by this point but Daichi Hashimoto is now a part of Big Japan. Was announced at the Korakuen show today. There's no better place for him to be. The guys there really seem to love him and he'll be able to learn a lot from Sekimoto. So happy for him.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy