Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
El Gaijin

Re: Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by El Gaijin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 pm

about 2 start BJPW 1/2 & 1/4, can't wait!

started off 2018 by watching a few WK12 matches, the whole DDT "grand prix 2018" but i still have a loaded playlist 2 watch b4 it gets too stacked: dragon gate "open the new year gate", 3 stardom shows, 2 tokyo joshi pro shows, 1 zero-1 show & ice ribbon "ribbonmania" from 2017 & 2 NJPW/CMLL "fantasticmania" shows...

god i love PURORESU/JOSHI...

let's fucking go!!!

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 am

Oh my god, the Daichi Hashimoto vs. Ryuichi Kawakami strong title match on 1/2 was absolutely incredible! A great match of two dudes who just hate each other, with Daichi just, IMO, having the best look ever as he just kicks the ever loving crap out of Kawakami. Super hot crowd, back and forth, go out of your way to see this one if you haven't. I might be the high one on this, but damn, that was something else.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 pm

packerman120 wrote:Oh my god, the Daichi Hashimoto vs. Ryuichi Kawakami strong title match on 1/2 was absolutely incredible! A great match of two dudes who just hate each other, with Daichi just, IMO, having the best look ever as he just kicks the ever loving crap out of Kawakami. Super hot crowd, back and forth, go out of your way to see this one if you haven't. I might be the high one on this, but damn, that was something else.
Where did you watch the match? As far as I'm aware they haven't put the show up on BJWCore yet, am I missing something or is it up elsewhere?

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 am

mrjoshdude wrote:
packerman120 wrote:Oh my god, the Daichi Hashimoto vs. Ryuichi Kawakami strong title match on 1/2 was absolutely incredible! A great match of two dudes who just hate each other, with Daichi just, IMO, having the best look ever as he just kicks the ever loving crap out of Kawakami. Super hot crowd, back and forth, go out of your way to see this one if you haven't. I might be the high one on this, but damn, that was something else.
Where did you watch the match? As far as I'm aware they haven't put the show up on BJWCore yet, am I missing something or is it up elsewhere?
Check your PM's. Speaking of BJWCore, how disappointing that service has been. I was so excited at first for it, but it's just a real disappointment. I guess all these services can't be awesome.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:53 am

packerman120 wrote:
mrjoshdude wrote:
Check your PM's. Speaking of BJWCore, how disappointing that service has been. I was so excited at first for it, but it's just a real disappointment. I guess all these services can't be awesome.
Yeah for sure, I get why Mort cut them from the drive but it's definitely made watching them way more difficult. Hopefully it's just a slow start and they'll improve from here. Cheers for the PM btw, much appreciated.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:41 pm

BJW 1.2 is up on BJWCore now! If you haven't already, everyone needs to watch Hashimoto vs. Kawakami and Takeda vs. Tsukamoto. Both incredible matches.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:35 pm

So is it me or has Strong Climb been infinitely better than Champion Carnival so far?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 pm

obliterati wrote:So is it me or has Strong Climb been infinitely better than Champion Carnival so far?
Can't really be compared. Strong Climb is almost over and the Carnival is just starting.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:47 pm

You're right. More just me giving big ups to BJW. I hope Carnival gets better because it's largely been a snoozefest to my eyes so far and it feels like a bad time for AJPW to be putting on boring shows given that they've just introduced the streaming service. I'm also not totally caught up on Strong Climb so, to me, they're more comparable. But that's obviously unique to me and where I am with my viewing.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:55 pm

and just like that , the legendary booking of the BJW strong division goes back to square one again :?

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:53 pm

At least booking in the deathmatch division seems to be in good condition. No complaints from me about another Takeda vs Abby Jr match, considering the last singles one they had is one of my favorites.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 pm

The quality of the wrestling in the tournament was so high and I thought the matches and finishes were laid out so well that it was even more of a bummer for it to end the way that it did. And, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but the fact that I had to watch the last night illegally when I pay for the service is really frustrating.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:40 am

The Ryogokutan show was good. I liked the junior title and strong title matches best. The main event was a fun spectacle, but one of my least favorite Takeda maches this year.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am

Forgot the Okobayashi match. That was very good, too.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

Sekimoto/Hama at Korakuen was a fantastic match. Very simple story which worked great. The crowd was super hot for it.