Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by Morten VH » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:25 pm

The strong climb final between Ishikawa & Kamitani was for sure a MOTYC. You will all have to check that one out as fast as possible. The story of if Kamitani could pull the upset and beat the giant, was done to near perfection here. This was over 30 minutes of pure brutality. Kamitani looked like a million bucks. If there's any chance you haven't seen the result of the match yet, do yourself a favor and watch this one unspoiled. Then you'll really get the big match atmosphere and the story of the match.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Morten VH wrote:The strong climb final between Ishikawa & Kamitani was for sure a MOTYC. You will all have to check that one out as fast as possible. The story of if Kamitani could pull the upset and beat the giant, was done to near perfection here. This was over 30 minutes of pure brutality. Kamitani looked like a million bucks. If there's any chance you haven't seen the result of the match yet, do yourself a favor and watch this one unspoiled. Then you'll really get the big match atmosphere and the story of the match.
Can't wait until this drops!

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Pro-wrestling does the very best coming-of-age stories.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:12 pm

I've rewatched the match twice now, and i keep noticing small details every single time. Just look at the referee during the entire last 3 minutes. The referee is almost crying, and he's yelling for these guys to stop this, as if he's watching a murder. Just absolutely incredible detail that i didn't notice until third watch of the match. But a masterful display of storytelling, and both men came out of this looking like absolute superstars. Kamitani is a made man after this.

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Looking forward to that match. Kamitani is a baby-faced killer. Minus a weak finish, the Ishikawa/Suzuki match from the 4/9 show was pretty awesome.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Kamitani vs Ishikawa is unreal. Must watch match.

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:47 am

I'm so proud of Kamitani. The baby-faced killer becomes the man-faced killer. Great match.

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:26 am

All been said in last few posts but dug this match and the whole tournament a whole lot. I feel like I'm getting second hand concussion watching Ishikawa's headbutts.

aivaz

Post by aivaz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 pm

The spot in Suzuki/Ishikawa where they sit down and slap each other might be the dumbest spot I've seen in ages.

jesse

Post by jesse » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:08 am

Kamitani has some cartilage fractures around his ribs so he will be out of action for around 6 to 12 weeks.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

pol

Post by pol » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:50 pm

aivaz wrote:The spot in Suzuki/Ishikawa where they sit down and slap each other might be the dumbest spot I've seen in ages.
Standard fare for modern Japanese heavyweight wrestling unfortunately. At least it was over quickly.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Wow, that was indeed a great final to the Strong Climb! The Prison Lock spot near the finish went from looking a bit goofy to being one of the most dramatic things I've seen in ages. Match really picked up from there. Great stuff. I loved how they established Kamitani's "any means necessary" attitude in the semi-final. Won't spoil the finish of it, but it was genius and made him super interesting as a character.

jesse

Post by jesse » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 am

The big Endless Survivor show is coming up on May 5th. Here's the card for that:

BJW Deathmatch Championship
Ryuji Ito vs Masaya Takahashi

There's going to be stuff in each corner of the match on boards. Barbed wire, light tubes, glass and kenzans. This is the main event so if you aren't into deathmatches here is your warning that this is going to be very bloody.

BJW Strong Heavyweight Championship
Yuji Okabayashi vs Shuji Ishikawa

Daisuke Sekimoto and James Raideen vs Daichi Hashimoto and Jun Akiyama

Deathmatch Tag
Abdullah Kobayashi and Minoru Fujita vs Jaki Numazawa & Masashi Takeda

Ryota Hama and Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Hideki Suzuki and Yoshihisa Uto
Shinobu, Kankuro Hoshino, and Yuichi Taniguchi vs Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Toshiyuki Sakuda and Kazumi Kikuta

Also the first 3 matches for the next D Rize show on 5/12 have been announced:
Yuji Okabayashi vs Jake Lee
Daisuke Sekimoto and Daichi Hashimoto vs Kento Miyahara and Yohei Nakajima
Yoshihisa Uto and Kazumi Kikuta vs Yuma Aoyagi and Naoya Nomura

2 or 3 more matches will be added to that show

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed May 04, 2016 4:46 am

4.29 Korakuen show was pretty great. Takuya Nomura is already pretty impressive. Really excited to see his growth. You can pass on the Brahmans and deathmatch tag although Takahashi pinning Ito was a note to take away.

Ishikawa and Suzuki beat the shit out of Nakanoue. Pretty solid match. I'd check it out for Nakanoue.

The Akiyama and Hashimoto vs Okabayashi and Uto tag is must watch. Akiyama isn't having any of the strong boys shit and Uto was sensational in this. I will be heartbroken if they don't book Akiyama vs Okabayashi. I want it to be the main event for the Sumo Hall show now. Daichi continues to show his growth and was solid in this as well.

The main event with Kojika and Sekimoto vs Yankee Two Kenju was a lot of fun. Isami Kodaka is a prick and Kojika is gonna get his ass back one day. I'm sure some won't like this but it was in conjunction with Kojika's 74th birthday (the day before this show was his actual birthday and he wrestled a deathmatch). This is a sort of thing that if you are a huge Big Japan fan you'll go crazy about because it was hilarious. I'd check it out because Kojika is a better worker than a lot of dudes at 74.

The full D-Rize card for the 12th is out. The order of matches hasn't been set.

Yuji Okabayashi vs Jake Lee
Daisuke Sekimoto and Daichi Hashimoto vs Kento Miyahara and Yohei Nakajima
Atsushi Maryuama and Takayuki Ueki vs Hikaru Sato and Atsushi Aoki
Yoshihisa Uto and Kazumi Kikuta vs Naoya Nomura and Yuma Aoyagi
Ryuji Ito vs Toshiyuki Sakuda
TARU vs Takuya Nomura

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Thu May 05, 2016 8:11 am

Daisuke Sekimoto & James Raideen vs. Jun Akiyama & Daichi Hashimoto was pretty darn powerful