Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Alan4L

Re: Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by Alan4L » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:35 pm

it's where he's done his best work. His ceiling has just gotten quite a bit higher.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:11 am

Now time for the twins to finally win some gold together.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 am

Daichi coming into BJW full time also opens up a slew of interesting non BJW matchups. BJW has good relationships with AJPW, Zero1 and most other promotions of that size. Daichi showing up to work with Kazuki in AJPW against guys like Kento and Lee or even Akiyama would be something I want to see. Not to mention a return to Zero1 to challenge Hideki for the title he's taken from his father's promotion would be something I could see Otani marketing the shit out of

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Footage from two recent live events:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5IwMXrZPkEl9DeCYtj

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6DF5MqpdUAl8deCYBS

Footage from Korakuen Hall show that airs on Samurai on the 7th:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k7ezq3Wj12aHgweElip

Footage from Korakuen Hall show that airs on Samurai on the 14th:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5fq2GGORWwVAleEqCT

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Got time off this week so thought I would take my time and watch something new before I try and binge watch the first season of Lucha Underground. Inspired by Alan's choice of Okabayashi as Most Outstanding, I decided on Big Japan.

I watched Strong BJ vs Kamitani & Hama and Okabayashi vs Kamitani. I would have tried watch more if it weren't for VEOH constantly crashing.

The heavyweights were heavyweights. Forgetting Hama, Sekimoto, Okabayashi and Kamitani were huge compared to the New Japan heavyweights such as Nakamura, Okada, Naito and Shibata. I usually don't care for aesthetics but that really stuck out for me. They looked 90s All Japan big like Kenta Kobiayashi in his prime or Kawada.

I was super impressed by Kamitani and even more so when I found out he was just 23. Interesting to see Sanada here and I've heard alot about Daichi Hashimoto in dribs and drabs over the years. Now seems like a logical time to jump in no?

Any suggestions on matches over the past 12 months? Don't think I can stomach the hardcore/death matches though. Just watching the highlights in those clips from Morten sent me west. Salt? Ffs, when did salt become become a think?

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 pm

With my limited watching deathmatches, salt may be the most hardcore thing i've seen used. It hurts just watching it.

Also i never watch any of the deathmatch stuff. Not interested. Not my thing. Won't say any more about it, as there's obviously some people who enjoy it. I love the non-DM Big Japan roster!

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Aye, I heard so many people gush about the heavyweight division I thought I had to give it a try sooner rather than later.

On the positive side I guess it cuts a three hour show down to two hours? I will appreciate RealHero splitting the shows match by match for a change rather than being slightly disappointed at missing the entrances during Dragon Gate.

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 am

Recently returned from Japan, I attended a BJW show at Korakuen Hall. After the show I had photos and spent time talking with the Twin Towers, Okabayashi and Sekimoto and you would be hard pressed to find kinder, warmer and friendlier performers interacting with fans than those guys, in wrestling or anything else.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Strong BJ vs Sanada and Uto was a really good match, I usually skip that smaller venue they run but it was actually a good show.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

sternness

Post by sternness » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:46 am

Empiresk wrote:Just watching the highlights in those clips from Morten sent me west. Salt? Ffs, when did salt become become a think?
A long, long time ago.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:13 pm

sternness wrote:
Empiresk wrote:Just watching the highlights in those clips from Morten sent me west. Salt? Ffs, when did salt become become a think?
A long, long time ago.

Thank christ I didn't come across FMW growing up..

Stevierichardsisgood

Post by Stevierichardsisgood » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:09 am

What were the best matches from BJW last year? Both deathmatch and non.

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Stevierichardsisgood wrote:What were the best matches from BJW last year? Both deathmatch and non.
Ishikawa vs. Sekimoto from March, Sekimoto and Okabayashi vs. Ishikawa and Sato from May, Sekimoto, Masato Tanaka and Sugiura vs. HARASHIMA, Yuji Hino and Okabayashi from June, Sekimoto vs. Okabayashi from July, Sekimoto and Okabayashi vs. Ishikawa and Sato from October.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:57 am

Watching the 2/2/16 drop, the Seiya Sanada v Tatsuhiko Yoshino match is cool and, for mine, would get over in front of any wrestling crowd out there.