Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:04 am

Only STRONG posts in this thread.

K. Hare

Re: Big Japan - The promotion of MEN

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 am

Cannot wait for the Sumo Hall show. Okabayashi vs. Sekimoto and the tag title rematch should both be off the charts.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:06 am

Very curious to see how that Sumo Hall show does business wise. Hope it does something respectable, but I'm afraid it won't. Either way, I'm very excited to see Sekimoto tear it up here. He's probably never getting another shot in the Dome (he worked an 8-man in 2006) and the only time he's worked Sumo Hall, that I'm aware of, was on a NJPW/AJPW joint show in a tag match. It'll be really cool to see he and Okabayashi be the focus of this show and not just some random match. I can't imagine them not tearing down the house.

RealHero

Post by RealHero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 am

BJW running Sumo Hall has more to do to see they can really draw with a modified set-up since there's no way they packing 12k in there. Although they have at least sold out at least one section of the Hall. The card itself looks fresh and solid with the realistic matchups taking place.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 am

Here's a STRONG TAKE for you - Big Japan is my #2 in Promotion of the Year voting right now. I don't deal with death match gimmicks, but their strong division has been so good this year that good. The booking of Sekimoto & Okabayashi has been excellent and this match felt like a modern version of an All Japan six-man from the 90's. This company is something special this year. There's a lengthy gap between Big Japan and ROH and DDT is slowly creeping up on Big Japan, but as of right now, they're my #2.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:09 am

Loved that six man. My hype for Okabayashi/Sekimoto is on a crazy level. I can't wait for that match. With the way they have been going, I expect nothing short of great with these two going at it.

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:07 am

STRONG BJ EXPLODES

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Saw thread title, expected to come in and see some sultry shots of Men's Teioh hanging out with a harem of young lads. Poor Madoka, he should have amounted to more.
InYourCase wrote:Very curious to see how that Sumo Hall show does business wise. Hope it does something respectable, but I'm afraid it won't. Either way, I'm very excited to see Sekimoto tear it up here. He's probably never getting another shot in the Dome (he worked an 8-man in 2006) and the only time he's worked Sumo Hall, that I'm aware of, was on a NJPW/AJPW joint show in a tag match. It'll be really cool to see he and Okabayashi be the focus of this show and not just some random match. I can't imagine them not tearing down the house.
he main evented a DDT Sumo Hall show against HARASHIMA. Also he worked the ill fated Chono run show at Sumo Hall. It was him and Masato Tanaka against The Motor City Machine Guns believe it or not!

Tanner1495

Post by Tanner1495 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:11 pm

InYourCase wrote:

Here's a STRONG TAKE for you - Big Japan is my #2 in Promotion of the Year voting right now. I don't deal with death match gimmicks, but their strong division has been so good this year that good. The booking of Sekimoto & Okabayashi has been excellent and this match felt like a modern version of an All Japan six-man from the 90's. This company is something special this year. There's a lengthy gap between Big Japan and ROH and DDT is slowly creeping up on Big Japan, but as of right now, they're my #2.
Big Japan has been great all year, can't believe SOME (Sam) people don't see how Sekimoto and Okabayashi are arguably the two best workers in Japan this year, they have had good to great stuff in every promotion they are appearing in, rather it be in singles or tags.

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Tanner1495 wrote:
InYourCase wrote:

Big Japan has been great all year, can't believe SOME (Sam) people don't see how Sekimoto and Okabayashi are arguably the two best workers in Japan this year, they have had good to great stuff in every promotion they are appearing in, rather it be in singles or tags.
Agreed. Sekimoto is a legit WOTYC. Like you said, the guy is having great matches and has held titles in multiple promotions as a single and in a tag team. Okabayashi isn't too far behind that either. I really don't see how their match won't be a MOTYC.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm

If he draws well at Sumo Hall he may have a fringe case.

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Ah I never think about the drawing stuff. I guess most outstanding would be more appropriate.

Tanner1495

Post by Tanner1495 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:25 am

Robareid wrote:If he draws well at Sumo Hall he may have a fringe case.
I don't do Observer style awards, but from a pure match perspective I think both Sekimoto and Okabayashi are Top 10 six months into the year, they are both THAT good.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:51 am

Alan4L wrote:Saw thread title, expected to come in and see some sultry shots of Men's Teioh hanging out with a harem of young lads. Poor Madoka, he should have amounted to more
And his one short lived main event push resulted in a pretty gosh darn amazing match even by Sekimoto standards. :(

As everyone else with any sense thinks, this show is going to be awesome, Sekimoto and Okabayashi are gonna bring the pain and be their awesome selves. Love everything about that match.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

RajahDDT

Post by RajahDDT » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:36 pm

InYourCase wrote:

Love the shit out of this match. Kamitani himself is kind of meh, but if this match didn't get you pumped for Sumo Hall, I don't think anything can. Manly men doing manly violence with their man-powers; AS MEN!!!!