DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
armsofsleep

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by armsofsleep » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm guessing the Shuten Doji were sort of owed a win after dropping the titles to basically a bunch of young boys. Especially since Sakaguchi clearly lose the mini-Umeda feud.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Kota Umeda won the Maji Manji tournament yesterday in a really good main event with MAO!
Was surprised to see that Go Shiozaki came out afterwards for Kota Umeda's first in a series of trial matches if I understand correctly?
I'm really, really looking forward to that.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Thu May 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Umeda/MAO vs Sekimoto/Higuchi for the tag belts was awesome, but not as great as I had imagined it would be. It was a little sloppy in places with MAO looking a bit out of place and lost at times, but I don't care so much, the Umeda Sekimoto interactions ruled. Really stoked that we get to have this again but this time with Umeda/Ueno vs Sekimoto/Higuchi which I think will be even better.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 am

Goat

Post by Goat » Sun May 20, 2018 4:43 pm

The big takeaway I got from today's DDT show is that Tanahashi was right about Harashima. He's great at a lot of things, but fire and passion ain't one of them.

LukePuroresu89

Post by LukePuroresu89 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 am

I thought Audience was pretty good, advances stories, the undercard was alright, usual DDT affair that built to the Higuchi vs Umeda match, I didn't see Higuchi losing but I don't think Umeda could have afforded a loss due to probably going to lose all his matches in the best of 7.

The Takeshita and Katsumata put on a good match, that Brainbuster from the top rope into the turnbuckle pad looked sick.

A lot of nice sequences in Irie vs Ishi, solid first defence. Was always going to win it though.

Anyone watch the BASARA show?

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Mon May 21, 2018 6:37 pm

nice show on 5/20, the Higuchi vs Umeda sprint was great and I hope these guys keep going at each other for awhile, or form a tag team, one or the other, they are both great.
the main event of Irie vs Ishii took a while for me to get into it, I wasn't feeling it at first and by the end they had hooked me in and it ended up being pretty great.

Also, the KUDO vs Harashima match from May 13th is must watch in my opinion.

LukePuroresu89

Post by LukePuroresu89 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm loving Hiquchi and Umeda. Anyone watch today's Maji Manji? A lot of very good matches imo. Probably the best episode yet.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 am

If anyone from the States wants to watch the Tokyo Joshi Pro girls in action:
https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1 ... 32097?s=20

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm

DDT show this weekend was great. Most of everything delivered.
Higuchi vs Irie was awesome, with some really disgusting spots. I am now finally buying into Irie as heel champion of DDT. His shit talking on DDT is great and works especially with HARASHIMA now stepping up to challenge him because he hates Irie talking shit on DDT. Especially as HARASHIMA was Irie's white whale when Irie was babyface. I'm now really on board with this angle, took a bit to convince me, but now I am happy they went in this direction. Great show and definitely worth checking out.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 pm

ironic how CIma has a feature match at sumo hall for DDT and not dragongate

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 am

Question to the DDT fans: If Endo and Takeshita had both gone to NJPW around the same time NJPW picked up Ibushi and Omega, how fucked would DDT have been?

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 am

Danwaka wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 am
Question to the DDT fans: If Endo and Takeshita had both gone to NJPW around the same time NJPW picked up Ibushi and Omega, how fucked would DDT have been?
They would have been fine. Obviously they would suffer on the in-ring side for the short term but they have a very good crop of youngsters and in terms of drawing popularity, dieno , Sasaki , Harashima are ahead of endo and takeshita

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 am

It would have been a very different main event scene because Takeshita was given the superpush and Endo was kept strong when he wasn't challenging. They have other guys sure but the attendance did dip after they moved the belt from Takeshita to Irie.

Speaking of Irie, he is going freelance in October to focus on wrestling overseas. My immediate thought is him going back to the Midwest for the Ohio crew but then I got to thinking. If Callihan does has influence on the TV shows he works for then maybe Irie can get on the Impact, MLW and Lucha Underground trifecta. That would be a handy deal for him to be on that loop rather than just wrestling in Ohio.