DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
K. Hare

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by K. Hare » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 am

we are absolutely going to talk about it on Burning Spirits this week, but the empty arena match was incredible

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:59 am

K. Hare wrote:we are absolutely going to talk about it on Burning Spirits this week, but the empty arena match was incredible
Was soooooo good. I think it peaked early with Aja though. That was hysterical.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:36 pm

I thought that, too, until TENRYU showed up.

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Ken Ohka begging to book the Tokyo Dome for about 500 quid killed me.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 am

the king of ddt final is must see

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi all, if you are new to DDT (a few big matches aside) where is the best place to learn about the current landscape, stables, roster members ect.?

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 pm

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/ has everything you'd need.

As far as watching, the latest King of DDT is a great entry point. It sets up their upcoming big show. Perfect time to start if you've never really gotten into it before.

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Just subscribed to DDT Universe. Been a subscriber to NJPW World since like day 1 and watch NOAH but hoping to broaden horizons. Thanks for the help! I'm excited about following DDT

soup23

Post by soup23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:21 pm

I would probably recommend starting with DDT Judgment from March. It was one of their biggest shows in company history and you can skim through the matches that don't interest you.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Ishikawa-Higuchi. Was it good?

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 am

They're running Sumo Hall this Sunday.

DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2017 ~PETER PAN EVEN IF YOU BECOME 20 YEARS OLD PETER PAN~”, 20/08/2017
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. King Of Dark Title – Street Pro Wrestling Extra Edition! Gota Ihashi Ryogoku 5 Game Series: Gota Ihashi (c) Vs Mad Paulie, Gorgeous Matsuno, Dai Suzuki, X & X
0. Dark Match: Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Hoshitango, Nobuhiro Shimatani & Masato Kamino Vs Mizuki Watase, Rekka, Diego & Daiki Shimomura
0. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Battle Royal: Tetsuya Koda (c) Vs Miyu Yamashita Vs Syoko Nakajima Vs Yuka Sakazaki Vs Nonoko Vs Rika Tatsumi Vs Azusa Takigawa Vs Yuu Vs Nodoka-oneesan Vs Maho Kurone Vs Marika Kobashi Vs Yuna Manase Vs Mizuki Vs Cherry
1. Yuki Ino Debut Match: Kouki Iwasaki & Yuki Ino Vs Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno
2. KO-D 10-Man Tag Team Titles: Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Joey Ryan, Saki Akai & Yoshihiko Vs Makoto Oishi, LiLiCo, Lady Beard, Super Sasadango Machine & Ken Ohka
3. Ikemen Vs Idol! Handsome Humanity Battle: Jiro Kuroshio Vs Shunma Katsumata
4. Special 4 Way Tag Match: Kaz Hayashi & Keisuke Ishii Vs Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto Vs Mike Bailey & MAO Vs Kotaro Suzuki & Soma Takao
5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi (c) Vs Dick Togo, Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda
6. DDT 20th Anniversary Weapons Rumble – All Rights Contra Marriage: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Danshoku Dino
7. DDT Extreme Title – Cabellera Contra Cabellera: Daisuke Sasaki (c) Vs Akito
8. KO-D Tag Team Titles – Uchikomi! Presents: Shigehiro Irie & Kazusada Higuchi (c) Vs HARASHIMA & Naomichi Marufuji
9. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Tetsuya Endo

I wrote a big preview for it on my blog here. Takeshita Vs Endo is a rematch of their 60 minute draw from May. Sasaki Vs Akito is a No DQ Hair match that can only end by submission or KO. Dino gets control of the company if he beats Takagi but if Dino loses he must go and get married. The top 3 matches look fantastic and Takagi Vs Dino is going to be wacky as hell.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:50 pm

DDT got bought out by CyberAgent. It's sales are 310.7 billion yen, 14 times of the sales Bushiroad gets. It should be noted Ameba Tv is a joint effort with Tv Asahi. And that's where they might land.

They plan to expand with the new tools given to them. Who knows they might even become number 1 eventually.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 am

A really fun match I found uploaded for free.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 am

Hi guys looking for some guidance from you DDT vets, ive only dipped my toe in a couple of weeks ago on ddtuniverse.
Looking for full shows, i've watched judgement day, peter pan and king of gate finals oh and a few house shows all from this year. Any suggestions where to head next?
Thanks in advance.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 am

Foresite wrote:Hi guys looking for some guidance from you DDT vets, ive only dipped my toe in a couple of weeks ago on ddtuniverse.
Looking for full shows, i've watched judgement day, peter pan and king of gate finals oh and a few house shows all from this year. Any suggestions where to head next?
Thanks in advance.
If you are looking for knowledge, might be the best place https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com in find out about DDT beside Sanshiro Takagi secret storage compartment. I recommend most matches with Kotatsu, Jun Kasai, Yoshihiko, Joey Ryan, Kota Ibushi, Mike Bailey, and Konosuke Takeshita.
One of my favorite matches this year was Kazusada Higuchi vs. Konosuke Takeshita.http://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20170107_DDT_070
What did you think Danshoku Dino vs. Joey Ryan match from Judgment?
I hope you enjoy DDT.