DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ayaashm

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by ayaashm » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:40 am

So some details for DDT Universe : The service launches on Monday, January 23rd, 2017. The first live-streamed event will be their Korakuen Hall show on Sunday, January 29th. Major events, such as Sumo Hall and Korakuen Hall events, will be streamed live. Others will be subsequently archived.
Functionalities will include a Favorites List and Browsing History features, and the interface will be adaptable to PC, phones, and tablets. The website will use a Google Translate framework (the same one that NJPW World uses, theoretically) for support in English and Chinese.
Payment methods include credit card, carrier billing, and PayPal. There will be a free one-month trial period.

As far as the complete LIVE schedule for shows in 2017 goes :
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:26 pm

HARASHIMA/Ishikawa was kinda sorta underwhelming. Very good match, but I expected a little bit more from those two, especially after how good Shuji's matches with Dino, Higuchi and Takeshita were.

I think I liked the Tag Title match more. Really great stuff, Endo is going to be a superstar one day. Also glad that Bailey is going to stay there for a longer period of time.

Goat

Post by Goat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 am

That little girl was an awesome babyface in peril

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:06 pm

What are the must watch, essential DDT matches from this year? Thanks

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm

First couple of matches announced for the 20th Anniversary show in March at Saitama Super Arena.

KO-D Title match. HARASHIMA is the current champion but faces Daisuke Sasaki later this month in the last title defence before Saitama. The champion will defend against the winner of a mini tournament between KUDO, Tetsuya Endo, Konosuke Takeshita and Kazusada Higuchi.

Sanshiro Takagi, Keiji Muto & Isami Kodaka Vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Jun Akiyama & Kota Ibushi in a match sponsored by the Samurai Warriors video game. Each wrestler is representing a game character but I don't know how much of the idea will be incorporated into the presentation and entrances for the match.

Danshoku Dino versus an opponent of his choosing. He's been given 500,000 yen (around $42oo I think?) to hire his dream opponent.

Saki Akai, Meiko Satomura & Syoko Nakajima Vs Aja Kong, Cherry & Miyu Yamashita in an inter-promotional joshi match.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 am

Harashima vs Mike Bailey was not bad. I'm very much enjoying Bailey's run and presentation so far in DDT.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 am

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Harashima vs Mike Bailey was not bad. I'm very much enjoying Bailey's run and presentation so far in DDT.
Seconded. I actually couldn't stand what I saw if him in PWG. He's been alright. There was a promo with him and Takeshita that I thought he was pretty good in.

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 am

DDT Universe launches today. You only need an email to sign up for the free month. There was not any payment options on the registration page so I assume they will be added when your free period ends. There's a big write up on the service here. http://wrestlingwithwords.com/ddt-universe-hub/

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:20 pm

I'd only catch the occasional DDT match, signed up for DDT Universs, anyone with any idea on what would be a good show to start with so I can start to follow it regularly?

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

I would suggest the 23/11 Korakuen show but I can't find many of the Korakuen shows on the site. So maybe start with 17th and 18th December shows that built up to the Christmas day Korakuen show.

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm

JamieOD wrote:I would suggest the 23/11 Korakuen show but I can't find many of the Korakuen shows on the site. So maybe start with 17th and 18th December shows that built up to the Christmas day Korakuen show.
Enjoying the HARASHIMA and El Generico playlists they posted, I'll begin from the 17/12 show, thanks for the suggestion.

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:03 pm

DNA had their relaunch yesterday. I only saw the main event between Higuchi & Akebono Vs Okabayashi & Naomi Yoshimura which was enjoyable. Yoshimura put on a good performance as cocky and powerful but still out of his depth. And he's only had 5 matches so in his career so far! I don't know what's going on with the current crop of Japanese rookies at the moment but they are putting their work in for sure. And if that wasn't enough DNA introduced 7 more trainees during the show.

tamaimbo

Post by tamaimbo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Does anyone know the name of Higuchi's theme? Been trying to find it online to no avail.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:58 am

The Takeashita vs. Higuchi was really great. I also really liked Colt vs Dino as well.
What are your DDT Judgment predictions?

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 am