DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by Morten VH » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Korakuen Hall on saturday night/sunday morning will be free to watch live for everyone, no sign up required. The replay after the show will still require membership.

http://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20171022_LIVE_DDT

Probably the most excited i've been for a Korakuen Hall card. This one is gonna be a big one!
1. Saki Akai (#9), Antonio Honda (#18) & Abdullah Kobayashi Vs Shunma Katsumata (#12), MAO (#14) & Cherry (#17)
2. Tetsuya Endo (#3) Vs Masahiro Takanashi (#5)
3. Soma Takao (#6), Makoto Oishi (#10) & Ultimo Dragon Vs Toru Owashi (#14), Ken Ohka (#16) & Kazuki Hirata (#20)
4. Special Tag Match: Akito (#8) & Hideki Suzuki Vs Yukio Sakaguchi (#19) & Kazusada Higuchi (#21)
5. Special Single Match: Keisuke Ishii (#13) Vs Suwama
6. DDT Extreme Title – TLC Match: Daisuke Sasaki (#4) (c) Vs HARASHIMA (#2)
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Konosuke Takeshita (#7) (c) Vs Danshoku Dino (#1)
I think the outcome of the main event is completely open, but if you asked me to put money down, i'd put them on Danshoku Dino to win the belt!

Drew Wardlaw

Post by Drew Wardlaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 am

I’m going to try to post monthly match recommendations here for smaller shows between korakuens. Hopefully it will allow people to keep up with ddt without feeling so overwhelmed by the amount of shows to watch.

12/1: 1. Dick Togo vs Diego 2. HARASHIMA, Soma Takao, TAKA Michinoku vs Tetsuya Endo, Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie 3. KUDO, Masa Takanashi vs Konosuke Takeshita, Akito *this whole show is really good and tons of fun

12/9: Diego vs Antonio Honda

12/10: 1. Daisuke Sasaki vs Sanshiro Takagi vs Danshoku vs MAO 2. HARASHIMA vs Kazusada Higuchi 3. KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi, Masa Takanashi vs Konosuke Takeshita, Diego, Akito

DNA 39: 1. Dai Suzuki retirement match, 2. Keisuke Okuda vs Mizuki Watase 3. Naomi Yoshimura, Akira Jo vs Kota Umeda, Kouki Iwasaki

12/14: 1. Shigehiro Irie, Kazusada Higuchi vs MAO, Makoto Oishi 2. Diego vs Konosuke Takeshita 3. Keisuke Ishii vs Akito. *Another awesome show from top to bottom

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Any thoughts on the Grand Prix?

Im thinking no more losses for Takeshita (Jiro gets a title shot at a later date) before losing in the finals.
B block though? Haven't a clue.

The fantasy booker in me would love and Endo-Sasaki final, sow the seed for the Endo face turn

El Gaijin

Post by El Gaijin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm

im currently all caught up & watching day 6th of the grand prix and all im gonna say is JIRO KUROSHIO...

aside from that, decent cards sooo far!

shuji ishikawa is having a decent showing as is akito, HARASHIMA & keisuke ishii bit of course im going off whos more entertaining 2 watch over actual wins & loses & not too take way from all the others i didn't mention is brackets a/b...

S/0 2 daisuke sasaki, konosuke takeshita, yukio sakaguchi & tetsuya endo along with "king of the dong style" joey ryan & "speedball" mike bailey.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:08 am

I'm such a filthy casual when it comes to DDT I have virtually no thoughts on the booking of this thing. I've seen a show here and there because a friend of mine has an active subscription to their service. I loved Bailey vs Ishikawa, Bailey vs Yukio and Sasaki vs Ishikawa. Big Shuj has been an utter highlight, but then, he always is. Keisuke Ishii has a very uninspired look, but damn the guy is great at wrestling - very positive surprise for me. I've always liked Endo and Takeshita, but goddamn the latter needs more character, something to latch onto, something to hang your hat onto, just something, anything.

My main takeaway, as somebody who used to love him in PWG, has been how great this promotion has been for Bailey. He's improved so much, gotten crisper, seems to be more comfortable in his skin etc.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 am

Gota Ihashi is now doubting his career in wrestling because of Riki Choshu comments about how Ihashi should not be wresting even though he main even mainevented his produce show.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 am

Cannot wait for Big Dog vs. HARASHIMA

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Loved the tournament. I'm like a super casual viewer of DDT but got a subscription to their Universe service for the D-King Grand Prix primarily and it was a tremendous way of introducing so many guys to a new fan, brilliant jumping on point.

Standouts were Ishikawa, Takeshita and Bailey but also thought Jiro, Keisuke Ishii and Akito came out of it looking very strong.

Favourite matches were probably Ishikawa vs Bailey, Takeshita vs Jiro, Takeshita vs Ishii, Ishikawa vs Sasaki and Ishikawa vs Higuchi.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm

So I've decided that this year instead of just casually watching a few DDT matches that get recommended I'm going to really sign up for DDT Universe and follow it. Started the Grand Prix and I'm surprised there is not more love going around for the Endo / Takeshita match from night 2. I thought this was incredible. Albeit I am somewhat new to their feud, so maybe I'm missing out on some of the boredom people have over it? But this was really, really great. Started slow and then built to them really bringing out a strong nastyness in each other, especially the nastyness that Takeshita started to bring out almost in desperation to not only beat but savagely hurt Endo. This match is currently my MOTY.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Let's take a moment to remember that the greatest 68 Seconds in wrestling history happend one year ago. And Konosuke Takeshita has been the KO-D for one year as well.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm

thought Judgement was a really great show. The main event, the tag title match, and 6 man tag title matches were all great. Kota Umeda looked incredible in the six man especially and I think he is going to be a future star.
thought the post main event Irie angle/thing came across really awkward.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:37 pm

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:thought Judgement was a really great show. The main event, the tag title match, and 6 man tag title matches were all great. Kota Umeda looked incredible in the six man especially and I think he is going to be a future star.
thought the post main event Irie angle/thing came across really awkward.
Agree with all of this. Kota Umeda came off as a total star. The emotional thread of that mach was great, and it really did right by the build between him and Sakaguchi especially. The show as a whole was great though. No straight up bad matches, with a lot of "way better than it needed to be" stuff. The 6-woman tag with Yoshiko and Miyu was really great, and I adored the main event matches. The only match that maybe was a step down from what it could've been was Dino-gun vs Damnation. I mean, I knew it would be a typical Dino match, but the Sasaki and Ishii interactions just made me want a bit more workrate.

I honestly didn't know how to react to the Irie thing either. I like Irie (probably more than most DDT fans) but the weird feud he had over the winter felt really strange and it would feel really odd for him to beat Takeshita at this stage. And I assume that is what's going to happen.

Anyway, the April 1 show still looks great. The singles matches should all deliver.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:48 pm

Fun show yesterday.
Kota Umeda continues to look like a star. Really excited about him and loved the interactions between him and Higuchi.
Watching Koji Kanemoto kick the shit out of Gota Ihashi sure was something else.
That ladder match between Bailey and Miyamoto was a lot more brutal than I was expecting it to be. Thought it would be more light hearted, but Bailey had a nasty gash in his arm and his head. Some pretty sick ladder bumps in this match.
Main event was good but lacked heat. This Irie angle I feel like is lacking heat, I don't understand why they have gone with the sort of awkward 'shoot' style approach to it, as opposed to just having Irie come in like beast, especially considering his comments on wanting 'destroy DDT' and create something new. Instead the interactions between him, Akita, and Takeshita have all been awkward in my opinion.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Yeah I was surprised that reviews for the show were so negative. Outside of the Irie story (which I think everyone hates more because people are assuming he's gonna beat Takeshita), everything has been pretty solid for me. Umeda has suddenly become one of my favorite wrestlers in the entire company, Ihashi's trial series should produce a ton of weird fun hoots (can we get Choshu? Because my goodness if that happens), and even the loser expulsion match had some funny moments.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Yea, I agree that loser expulsion match had me laughing quite a bit.
I forgot about the 4 way tornado tag match but that was also fun and just a super entertaining non stop moves fest. I wasn't expecting Sakaguchi to pick up the win here. Also surprised the reactions I saw on twitter were kind of negative also. I bet you are right, that maybe people are sort of soured on the Irie thing and it's sort of overshadowing everything at the moment. Seems the turnout for the show was not so good either.