DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Rainmaker_F7

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:29 pm

My God what a fucking match. Ishikawa is so fucking awesome, easily one of the best wrestlers in 2016. And Higuchi is going to be a superstar one day.

Also, that fucking Headbutt. My God.

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:54 pm

I really enjoyed the tag title match. I think I prefer HARASHIMA as a tag team wrestler.

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:36 pm

DNA have just finished a week long tournament which was won by Mike Bailey. The prize was a one way ticket to New York but the aftermath had Bailey opt to stay in Japan and give the ticket to the other finalist Higuchi instead. So yeah, don't know the full details but Higuchi will be going on a USA excursion soon.

Greghundred

Post by Greghundred » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:30 pm

I'd love to see Higuchi live.

STAP.

Post by STAP. » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:24 am

guys

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:33 am

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:13 am

DDT also announced they are starting a streaming service in January. DDT Universe.

http://ddtuniverse.com/

Dreamboat

Post by Dreamboat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 am

Universe looks really cool. Haven't seen much DDT but this seems like the perfect way to get into it. I'm really glad there's a bunch of promotions jumping on the streaming bandwagon; now I just need Dragon Gate to wise up

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:02 am

900 yen and DDT Universe will have all of the DDT sister promotions and offshoots like BASARA,DNAetc.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 am

I'm asking around for a list of service features for Universe that I will then send to DDT. So far I'm thinking of stuff like an English sign-up page, different payment options (ie Paypal) and chromecast support. I don't want them to make the same mistakes NJPW World has done when they launched. Is there anything else I should add, something that you think these VOD services should have but often don't? I can't guarantee DDT will use them but they're open to suggestions.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:00 am

English subtitles before English commentary every day of the week.

jesse

Post by jesse » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:20 am

JamieOD wrote:I'm asking around for a list of service features for Universe that I will then send to DDT. So far I'm thinking of stuff like an English sign-up page, different payment options (ie Paypal) and chromecast support. I don't want them to make the same mistakes NJPW World has done when they launched. Is there anything else I should add, something that you think these VOD services should have but often don't? I can't guarantee DDT will use them but they're open to suggestions.
Paypal would be the greatest thing but outside of an English sign-up page the FAQ in English would be incredibly helpful as well. There's been a lot of times people have had issues with New Japan World and they couldn't figure out what it was because everything was in Japanese. Something as simple as having the a FAQ in English would help out a lot of people.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:30 am

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Both Shigehiro Irie & Tetsuya Endo has now pinned HARASHIMA on big shows within the last month. I think this leads to title matches against HARASHIMA for both guys, after he wins the title at Osaka Octopus.

Endo could be the challenger at DDT's 1/3 Korakuen that they always make a big deal out of. I hoped they'd hold off the Irie match until their biggest show ever, in March in Saitama.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:11 pm

so how well do you think the DDT Universe will do ? I have my doubts about it , especially in the international market ...